PDA

View Full Version : Reason to stay postive

joeynach
06-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Ok we lost 4 of 6 games where it easily should have been the other way around. Yes the expos stink and that was embarassing and yes the marlins have a horrible pen and we got nothing from them, but look at this team. We are about 5x weaker right now in NL parks. The last 6 games we played we've done so as if our two biggest stars were injured or something. No Maggs of course, which hurts, and either no konerko or no thomas. The lineup is considerably weaker with both missing, they are our rbi guys and run producers. Usually the konerko/maggs/thomas trio are the ones that pick each other up, knocking in guys that get hits or walks. If there is anything positive to take from this it as if we were the twins like 2 months ago. The twins had mauer, hunter, mienkevatch all on the dl and weren't doing so well as they fell behind us pretty quikly. When there guys got healthier they started winning again and are now back their 1st place form. Prediction: history repeats itself and the same will happen with us. When we get our DH back plus maggs is back we will be making our winning run again.

DaveIsHere
06-21-2004, 10:23 AM
We really need to take 3 of 4 fo the Tribe and take the weekend series against the Cubs not for bragging rights, but to get back on track. Has anyone heard when Maggs is gonna be back? This has been the worst week of the season and a very depressing on at that, Hopefully the big Home crowds this wek will get everyone fired up. I will pray!!

inta
06-21-2004, 10:38 AM
this is starting off to be a very depressing week so far, every cub fan at the office is riding me about losing to the worst team in baseball so badly. hopefully this week ends better than it's starting.

Blob
06-21-2004, 10:49 AM
The Sox do need to get going again tonight. We need to have some momentum when we play the Scrubs.

I like the postive spins! No need to be down we still have alot of baseball to play!

I'll be there tonight if it doesn't rain! Hell, I'll be there even if it is raining!