PDA

View Full Version : Alert: Vote for Best Starters on All-City Team

JRIG
06-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Hmmm...you can only vote for one. This is going to be a bit trickier. If anyone has ideas, post them here.

Vote for Starter of Your Choice (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-2004cubssoxallcitybaseballteam,1,5062899.story?col l=cs-home-promo#1)

sas1974
06-20-2004, 07:58 PM
I would vote that we just pick Buehrle and leave it at that. All of the scrubs fans are just going to pick Prior anyway, although it appears Zambrano is in the lead at the moment.

FarWestChicago
06-20-2004, 07:59 PM
I would vote that we just pick Buehrle and leave it at that. All of the scrubs fans are just going to pick Prior anyway.Burly-mon is a good pick since he's home grown. Of course, it would be funny to choose Garland. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

doublem23
06-20-2004, 08:01 PM
That and there's only 4 Sox starters on this list, and I assume the All-City Team will have 5 starters. Too bad Jon Rauch or Dan Wright isn't there. That would have been delicious.

sas1974
06-20-2004, 08:04 PM
That and there's only 4 Sox starters on this list, and I assume the All-City Team will have 5 starters. Too bad Jon Rauch or Dan Wright isn't there. That would have been delicious.
That's a good point. I suppose we'll have to spread out some votes then or it will be Buehrle and 4 cubs pitchers that would only need a couple of votes to win.

bennyw41
06-20-2004, 08:22 PM
This is too funny, they can't possibly think that this is a true vote.

DMarte708
06-20-2004, 08:26 PM
How about this rotation :D:

Mark Buehrle
Esteban Loaiza
Jon Garland
Scott Schoenweis
Glendon Rusch.

In the early stages of this poll Buehrle is leading with 12 votes (Zambrano in second with 10).

munchman33
06-20-2004, 09:14 PM

Mark Buehrle
Esteban Loaiza
Jon Garland
Scott Schoenweis
Glendon Rusch.

That is hilarious. Let's make it happen.

daveeym
06-20-2004, 11:36 PM
This is one of the coolest things ever. I can't believe they're actually publishing the updates.

beckett21
06-20-2004, 11:47 PM

Mark Buehrle
Esteban Loaiza
Jon Garland
Scott Schoenweis
Glendon Rusch.

In the early stages of this poll Buehrle is leading with 12 votes (Zambrano in second with 10).
As it stands right now, this is your rotation....Sox starters with about 88% of the total vote, Rusch with about 6%......you guys are killing me!!!

I can't wait to see how they write this up!

:roflmao: :party: :rolling:
(can't get enough of all these cool new smilies either!)

JRIG
06-21-2004, 12:24 AM
As it stands right now, this is your rotation....Sox starters with about 88% of the total vote, Rusch with about 6%......you guys are killing me!!!

I can't wait to see how they write this up!

:roflmao: :party: :rolling:
(can't get enough of all these cool new smilies either!)Yep, someone's been spreading out the vote just fine. Keep an eye on this tomorrow though. With people back at work we sould have a lot more votes.

Buehrle, Loaiza, Garland, Schoeneweis, Rusch. Let's make it happen.

koch44
06-21-2004, 03:05 AM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 0.9%
Matt Clement (41 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 21.0%
Mark Buehrle (941 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 1.9%
Carlos Zambrano (87 responses)

Esteban Loaiza (941 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 0.5%
Greg Maddux (21 responses)

Jon Garland (941 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 0.1%
Kerry Wood (6 responses)

Scott Schoenweis (941 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 1.5%
Mark Prior (66 responses)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/images/standard/red.gif 11.1%
Glendon Rusch (500 responses

:supernana: :supernana: :gulp: :gulp: :supernana: :supernana: :)

:knue
"You ****ing technogeeks!"

SSN721
06-21-2004, 08:04 AM
Vote early, vote often, threw in 100 votes for each of those 5. Hopefully I want have to stuff the boxes too much more. Quite a lead they already have. :bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
06-21-2004, 10:20 AM
At first I felt guilty about we Sox fans stuffing the ballot boxes.

But now I know that the Trib is trying to skew the results by collecting votes for the starting rotation before the outfielders. I believe they are sandbagging the OF race because they want Sammy to come back, hit a few homers and then hope that Cubs fans vote for him en masse over Maggs. Sosa is the Tribune company's biggest cash cow. It makes no sense to have voters vote for infielders, then pitchers, then outfielders. No sense.

:smile:

SSN721
06-21-2004, 10:28 AM
I will personally make sure Sammy will not win. :cool:

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 10:51 AM
Vote early, vote often, threw in 100 votes for each of those 5. Hopefully I want have to stuff the boxes too much more. Quite a lead they already have. :bandance:
How can I place multiple votes? I want to help out!

Send me a PM if you dont want to post details here.

SSN721
06-21-2004, 11:22 AM
I actually put it in the 1rst/2nd base All-City Team thread. If you cant find it there you can post here again to ask or send me a PM, I dont care whether I post it here or private, I want to make sure we win by landslides. :D:

daveeym
06-21-2004, 11:55 AM
Uh oh, either the trib is rigging it or some flubbies are on to the trick Clement and Zambrano are making a huge push and are in the top five.

JRIG
06-21-2004, 12:42 PM
Uh oh, either the trib is rigging it or some flubbies are on to the trick Clement and Zambrano are making a huge push and are in the top five.
Yep. Zambrano and Clement have surged, as I thought. More people have internet access at work. I'd say go ahead and re-post how to mass vote. We've got 6 hours to turn things the way we want them.

SSN721
06-21-2004, 12:44 PM
You go to the trib site, refuse to accept cookies from the site, then delete your cookies in your cookie folder, then relaod the page

JRIG
06-21-2004, 01:19 PM
You go to the trib site, refuse to accept cookies from the site, then delete your cookies in your cookie folder, then relaod the page
Every time I try to do this, it kicks me back out and says I MUST accept cookies to particpate. Tips?

JRIG
06-21-2004, 01:23 PM
Never mind, I got it.

itsnotrequired
06-21-2004, 01:39 PM
Good Lord, this vote is a shootout! There are about 500 votes being added every minute. At this pace, 200,000 votes will have been cast!:rolleyes:

SSN721
06-21-2004, 01:48 PM
I have been putting Garland ahead, trying to get to him since everyone else here seems to be voting for Burlymon and Loaiza. I will see if I can get Scottie and Garland back in this. I think we will forget about Rusch.
:smile:

Mickster
06-21-2004, 01:49 PM
Good Lord, this vote is a shootout! There are about 500 votes being added every minute. At this pace, 200,000 votes will have been cast!:rolleyes:
I Need help. My fingers are getting tired!!!!!:D:

SSN721
06-21-2004, 01:54 PM
We're screwed, I gotta work today too. :D: I was trying to catch up Burlymon but they are relentless, everytime they stop on Zembrano they go back to Clement, and vice versa, ugh, I will do as much as I can.

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 02:02 PM
Fellas, the Cubune Editor or one of his flunkies have been reading here. When we ass handed them on Chicago Survivor we kept "methods" in email. But, this was fun. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

Knue rallies the Flubby faithful (http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35394). http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/drool.gif

SSN721
06-21-2004, 02:19 PM
I blame myself, never should have posted the method on the open pages. SHould have just PMed it. But I wasnt worried because I know Cub fans dont care about the White Sox at all so there was no reason for them to even be looking at this website. Right? :rolleyes:

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 02:24 PM
I blame myself, never should have posted the method on the open pages. SHould have just PMed it. But I wasnt worried because I know Cub fans dont care about the White Sox at all so there was no reason for them to even be looking at this website. Right? :rolleyes:LMAO!! Well put. :roflmao:

itsnotrequired
06-21-2004, 02:25 PM
I blame myself, never should have posted the method on the open pages. SHould have just PMed it. But I wasnt worried because I know Cub fans dont care about the White Sox at all so there was no reason for them to even be looking at this website. Right? :rolleyes:
Anyone who dabbles even lightly in the internet could have figured this out. I'm just suprised it took Cubs fans until today to start doing this.

Take solice in the fact that we got the entire Sox infield in there (minus the mound, of course)!

SSN721
06-21-2004, 02:32 PM
THis isnt over yet, if we can at least get Garland, Burlymon and Loaiza it is a victory to me, since they are voting like madmen now.

itsnotrequired
06-21-2004, 02:36 PM
THis isnt over yet, if we can at least get Garland, Burlymon and Loaiza it is a victory to me, since they are voting like madmen now.
Exactly. I wasn't suggesting the Sox were totally out but the dream of an "all-Sox-no-Cubs-except-Rusch" all-city team seems dashed at this point.

Is anyone else suprised that Wood and Prior are getting such few votes? I figured Cubs fans would jump all over that.

WinningUgly!
06-21-2004, 02:41 PM
OK, I'm involved...Here comes Scott Schoeneweis!

SSN721
06-21-2004, 02:54 PM
Ahhhhhh!!!! They better have closed the polls because I am just getting errors now. Those bastards have totally rigged it, I expect a Clement, Prior, Wood, Zembrano and Rusch rotation when I see the tally tommorrow. This is crap. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Mickster
06-21-2004, 02:55 PM
Looks like they took it off line... :(:

JRIG
Ahhhhhh!!!! They better have closed the polls because I am just getting errors now. Those bastards have totally rigged it, I expect a Clement, Prior, Wood, Zembrano and Rusch rotation when I see the tally tommorrow. This is crap. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Yeah. I think we may have broke something...:o:

WHarris13
OK, I'm involved...Here comes Scott Schoeneweis!Same here. I am voting for Schoe a lot.

WinningUgly!
06-21-2004, 02:56 PM
Looks like they took it off line... :(:
Knue must have just recieved word that I started voting.:)

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 02:57 PM
AW COME ON!! The poll is closed. Schoe was just about to pass Clement! :angry:

So we have...
Buehrle
Loaiza
Zambrano
Garland
Clement(who was gonna get passed)

EDIT-NVM, it's back.

JRIG
06-21-2004, 02:58 PM
We're back. Continue your fine work.

SSN721
06-21-2004, 03:01 PM
Noice we gotta put Schoe over 7000 to catch up. :bandance:

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 03:02 PM
I think we just went down again.

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 03:03 PM
I think we just went down again.Yes we did.

SSN721
06-21-2004, 03:03 PM
This is a travishamockery, Clement went up like 500 votes and it is still giving me errors when I try to vote. Its so rigged. :angry:

Mickster
06-21-2004, 03:04 PM
The fix is in.... :dtroll:

Looks like we got 3 out of 5, but Schoe was closing in big-time before they pulled the plug.

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 03:19 PM
Schoe has now passed Clement up. :smile:

Mickster
06-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Back down?

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 03:33 PM
yup.

WinningUgly!
06-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Back down?
Yep. Nice set-up there.:)

Mickster
06-21-2004, 03:36 PM
Back up now.

WinningUgly!
06-21-2004, 03:38 PM
Back up now.
Not for long.:?:

LMAO at Cubs fans
06-21-2004, 03:39 PM
:troll
I'm not wearing underwear.

Mickster
06-21-2004, 03:42 PM
This is the stupidest thing ever..."WEEEEEE...let's vote for Joe Crede...the guy who's hitting fricking .220 over Ramirez who has 50 RBI's...sounds like FUN!!!"
:dtroll:

LMAO at Cubs fans
06-21-2004, 03:43 PM
:troll
I am Dusty's love child.

Mickster
06-21-2004, 03:44 PM
Uh, I'm not a troll....I just hope you don't believe Crede is actually better than Ramirez, or Schoenweis is better than Clement.
:dtroll:

LMAO at Cubs fans
06-21-2004, 03:44 PM
:dtroll::whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Mickster
06-21-2004, 03:45 PM
:dtroll::dtroll: :dtroll:

LMAO at Cubs fans
06-21-2004, 03:46 PM
:dtroll: :dtroll:
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:

Mickster
06-21-2004, 03:47 PM
:roflmao:

itsnotrequired
06-21-2004, 03:50 PM
I was going to post something a few minutes ago but didn't want to mess up the nice pattern!:rolleyes:

VA_GoGoSox
06-21-2004, 03:50 PM
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:
This is nothing but an avatar version of "I know you are, but what am I?"

You can't even troll properly. Go away.

the_valenstache
06-21-2004, 03:51 PM
This is the stupidest thing ever..."WEEEEEE...let's vote for Joe Crede...the guy who's hitting fricking .220 over Ramirez who has 50 RBI's...sounds like FUN!!!"

Although this user is suspicious, I have to agree with the above statement.

Are we, as Sox fans, sticking it to the media here or something? Seems pretty silly. Voting Crede over Ramirez, Olivo over Barrett, Schoe & Garland over any of their starters (minus Clement or Rusch)...all blind loyalty moves usually characteristic of...yes...you guessed it....Cubs fans.

Let's beat Cleveland.

:gulp:

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 03:53 PM
I figured out a way to do this, its a lot easier. If you want to know how, send me a PM.

Jjav829
06-21-2004, 04:33 PM
Man, I wish I could help out. Damn work. :mad:

Go Sox Army! :bandance:

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 04:39 PM
Are we, as Sox fans, sticking it to the media here or something?And what is wrong with sticking it to the Cubune? Do you work there or something? It's fun to nail the Flub lovers. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/banana.gif

adsit
06-21-2004, 04:59 PM
I've noticed the StubHub ad changed since these polls started, from "buy CUBS tickets," to "buy SOX tickets." These guys know what's driving traffic to their page, to be sure.

I'm one who still hasn't gotten the hang of multi-voting, but hopefully will have it figured out by the time we really need the push...

To those who think this isn't "fair," consider this a bit of payback from our side. "Fair" is a relative concept, ain't it.

Anyway, we like it. Let's do this! :tongue:

lths06
06-21-2004, 04:59 PM
If only we were sweeping the All-star voting like this...

Mickster
06-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Are the polls closed?

JRIG
06-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Are the polls closed?
The polls never close unless the Trib is having net problems on their end. Each day the poll closes about 6 PM and a new one goes up.

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 05:08 PM
Are the polls closed?
nope

the_valenstache
06-21-2004, 05:10 PM
And what is wrong with sticking it to the Cubune? Do you work there or something? It's fun to nail the Flub lovers. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/banana.gif

Who you stick it to is none of my business.

I just think that ignoring certain facts (such as Ramirez having a career season vs. Crede rotting 75% of the time in our lineup) is ignorance usually perpetrated by the "Flub lovers" themselves. I'm all for turning the tides in the city so the Sox get their due respect and all, but, lately it's been hard to disagree with criticism of our fans at large.

But feel free to declare victory in the obviously important online poll.

Mickster
06-21-2004, 05:11 PM
When I try to vote, my voted get re-directed to cub players, no matter who I choose???

Mickster
06-21-2004, 05:12 PM

I just think that ignoring certain facts (such as Ramirez having a career season vs. Crede rotting 75% of the time in our lineup) is ignorance usually perpetrated by the "Flub lovers" themselves. I'm all for turning the tides in the city so the Sox get their due respect and all, but, lately it's been hard to disagree with criticism of our fans at large.

Well you cal always go to www. ilovethecubs.com!!!

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Is this really that serious? The real All-Star voting has bigger flaws, why not complain to the MLB about that?

Let us have our fun.

If you dont like it then dont vote, or vote for the Ramirez and whoever else you like.

daveeym
06-21-2004, 05:19 PM
Best Thread Ever.

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 05:22 PM

But feel free to declare victory in the obviously important online poll.Whooooo, somebody is all serious. If you had read the thread about third base you would have seen people recognized how absurd it was, but decided it was funny and went for it anyway. Take a deep breath. Some of the flolks were having a little fun. Nobody got killed, nobody lost any money. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 05:24 PM
FarWest,

You are my hero! :D:

We are just having some fun!

JRIG
06-21-2004, 05:29 PM
FarWest,

You are my hero! :D:

We are just having some fun!And for those of you having fun...Buehrle, Loaiza, and Garland could each use a little cushion with about an hour and a half left in the polling. I'll be away from the computer when the poll changes at about six, but I trust you guys will know what to do until I return. :bandance:

the_valenstache
06-21-2004, 05:36 PM
Is this really that serious? The real All-Star voting has bigger flaws, why not complain to the MLB about that?

Let us have our fun.

If you dont like it then dont vote, or vote for the Ramirez and whoever else you like.

I did vote for the deserving Sox players in the All City poll, I just chose not to vote for any deserving Cubs players. :D: Ironically, I used my 25 votes for the All-Star ballot on nothing but Sox players (including Joe.)

I thought it was all fun and games until that Cubs troll was getting jumped all over for stating the painfully obvious about Ramirez vs. Crede. I've always respected our fanbase for being infinitely more knowledgable about the actual game than the Wrigleyville idiots. My mistake for requesting a bit of respectability.

Even when trying to be "rational" and "realistic," I think it's funny that my blood still boils when accused of being a Cubs fan. :smile:

Rocky Soprano
06-21-2004, 05:39 PM
I know where you are coming from. Has Ramirez outplayed Crede? Yeah he has and no one should deny that. I just dont see this poll as serious. If it wasnt for us, then the Flub fans would make sure to only vote for there own players. So hey, this time we are beating them at their own game. Well thats how I see it.

By the way, I never inteded to call you a Cub fan if thats how you took it. I would NEVER say something so demeaning to anyone. :smile:

I did vote for the deserving Sox players in the All City poll, I just chose not to vote for any deserving Cubs players. :D: Ironically, I used my 25 votes for the All-Star ballot on nothing but Sox players (including Joe.)

I thought it was all fun and games until that Cubs troll was getting jumped all over for stating the painfully obvious about Ramirez vs. Crede. I've always respected our fanbase for being infinitely more knowledgable about the actual game than the Wrigleyville idiots. My mistake for requesting a bit of respectability.

Even when trying to be "rational" and "realistic," I think it's funny that my blood still boils when accused of being a Cubs fan. :smile:

Mickster
06-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Game on. Flub fans are making a run!!!!!

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 05:43 PM
Ok...

For someone using Internet Explorer that knows how to vote multiple times...
Could you please walk me through the cookie settings that allow you to vote more than once.

Whenever you get a chance.
You can do it in a PM if you would like.

Thank you.

daveeym
06-21-2004, 05:45 PM
Nice job folks, poll labeled as closed now, zambrano took the 5th spot.

JRIG
06-21-2004, 05:54 PM
Nice job folks, poll labeled as closed now, zambrano took the 5th spot.
Still open as far as I can tell. A Trib dirty trick to make some of us think it's closed...?

the_valenstache
06-21-2004, 05:55 PM
I know where you are coming from. Has Ramirez outplayed Crede? Yeah he has and no one should deny that. I just dont see this poll as serious. If it wasnt for us, then the Flub fans would make sure to only vote for there own players. So hey, this time we are beating them at their own game. Well thats how I see it.
You make a good point. I will now step down from my short tenure as All-City Poll Curmudgeon. :gulp: :gulp: :bandance:

The Cheat
06-21-2004, 06:00 PM
The only thing that made me laugh harder today than this thread was Survivor's Jenna Lewis' wedding night sex tape.

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 06:00 PM
Even when trying to be "rational" and "realistic," I think it's funny that my blood still boils when accused of being a Cubs fan. :smile:I would never do that. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/eek.gif

I'll accuse you of being serious, but a Flubby??? Noooooo! :tsk:

daveeym
06-21-2004, 06:02 PM
The only thing that made me laugh harder today than this thread was Survivor's Jenna Lewis' wedding night sex tape.
Exsqueeze me? Come again? is this floating around the net?

daveeym
06-21-2004, 06:04 PM
Still open as far as I can tell. A Trib dirty trick to make some of us think it's closed...?Wow you ain't kidding. "This poll is closed" has now been removed.

FarWestChicago
06-21-2004, 06:12 PM
Wow you ain't kidding. "This poll is closed" has now been removed.
:knue

I had to email some more loyal Cubbie fans and get them set up.

VA_GoGoSox
06-21-2004, 06:15 PM
Just voted a couple hundred times for each of our guys. Pure domination of the chubbies...just like next weekend :gulp:

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 07:04 PM
Ok, poll is done.
Relivers are up.

I can now do about 1000 votes in 10 minutes.

VA_GoGoSox
06-21-2004, 07:10 PM
Mr. Zero and Marte are currently running away with this one :supernana:

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 07:12 PM
I have about 200 votes in for Marte already.

VA_GoGoSox
06-21-2004, 07:20 PM
I just put in a thousand for Mr. Zero. I was watching Marte go up too. :D: I don't know why this is so much fun.:bandance:

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 07:22 PM
I just put in a thousand for Mr. Zero. I was watching Marte go up too. :D: I don't know why this is so much fun.:bandance:Haha, I had all the votes for Marte. :smile:

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 07:22 PM
Also, how many do you guys think they will put on the team?
I wanna know how many to spread my votes on.

Right now I am doing Adkins.

VA_GoGoSox
06-21-2004, 07:23 PM
how many relievers are they taking for this?

Nard
06-21-2004, 07:25 PM
There were six on the 2003 team.

Perfect... Adkins, Cotts, MJ, Marte, Politte, Shingo.

Let's get a couple thousand for all of those guys. :D:

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 07:26 PM

Let's get a couple thousand for all of those guys. :D: Done deal, I will rotate doing 1000 each.

chisoxfan4life
06-21-2004, 07:27 PM

Let's get a couple thousand for all of those guys. :D:
If somebody could explain to me through a PM how to change the cookie settings, I would appreciate it. I am available for most of the night so I can get a lot of votes in.

Mickster
06-21-2004, 07:35 PM
My work is done. Entered 1700 for Shingo!

WHarris13
06-21-2004, 07:47 PM
I have no idea why this is fun, but I can't wait for RF! :smile:

Frankfan4life
06-21-2004, 07:52 PM
If somebody could explain to me through a PM how to change the cookie settings, I would appreciate it. I am available for most of the night so I can get a lot of votes in.Click here and learn how to vote your brains out. It's also a good read too.
http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35394