PDA

View Full Version : Hawk last night

soxrme
06-20-2004, 01:54 PM
Was anyone as sick as I was with Hawk saying how exciting the game was last night because you know we would not be out of it? My God we let a kid get beat up for 11 runs and basically gave the game away. If this is Ozzie ball stop it.

Brian26
06-20-2004, 02:01 PM
The thing about Hawk that gets annoying (and I actually really enjoy the guy) is that he gets very gimmicky with his phrases. How many times have we heard this one this year...

:hawk

"I love it. Show me a manager afraid of losing, and I'll show you a losing manager."

CubKilla
06-20-2004, 02:15 PM
Was anyone as sick as I was with Hawk saying how exciting the game was last night because you know we would not be out of it? My God we let a kid get beat up for 11 runs and basically gave the game away. If this is Ozzie ball stop it.
Hawk revealed himself to me last night to be only a slightly lesser tool than Chimp Carey. It would be one thing if he was saying what he was saying if the White Sox were playing the NYY. This was the friggin' Expos.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2004, 03:26 PM
Actually I thought the best part was when Harris tried to bunt in the 8th inning (Gotta love the way the Sox execute fundamentals!) and Hawk started yelling 'No, No..."

Lip

HebrewHammer
06-20-2004, 04:12 PM
What do you guys want from the guy? He has to sit there and watch the game, I as the viewer had the option of turning it off, he has to try to make it interesting if only for himself. He also had one of the best Hawk lines of all time last night, coming back from the 9 run inning he says "Well, we've got em right where we want em." I'm still chuckling about that one.

RKMeibalane
06-20-2004, 04:35 PM
Hawk has his moments when he probably just needs to shut up and watch the game, but last night wasn't one of them. That game was a complete disaster from the time the first pitch was thrown, to the time the last out was recorded. It's the job of Hawk and others involved in broadcasting to make the game interesting for people watching at home. That's what increases ratings and helps make more money. Hawk was only doing his job, so he doesn't deserve criticism for talking about how "exciting" the game was.

HITMEN OF 77
06-20-2004, 06:09 PM
I go by whatever Hawk says. I know a lot about the game, but he's played, been in the front office and in the media areas. I think he's great and just doing what he's paid to do. I'm with you Hebrew.

SoxxoS
06-20-2004, 06:16 PM
Actually I thought the best part was when Harris tried to bunt in the 8th inning (Gotta love the way the Sox execute fundamentals!) and Hawk started yelling 'No, No..."

Lip
Why are you a Sox fan?

WSox8404
06-20-2004, 08:07 PM
Don't forget......"Ozzie Ball. It's an attitude."

I am starting to hear that damn phrase in my sleep.

Lip Man 1
06-20-2004, 08:53 PM
Soxxos:

How many home team announcers do you know who would have the 'stones' to even say something like that? I found it refreshing that Harrelson would point it out clearly when something like that happened. I mean do you think Chip Carey would?

Lip

LongLiveFisk
06-20-2004, 09:07 PM

Lip
He wasn't the only one.

Seriously though, it doesn't matter who has the microphone, that person is not going to please everyone. So rather than worry about announcers, it's probably best just to worry about the game. Just let Hawk be Hawk and GO SOX.

jfo go go sox
06-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Well you should have been at the game -- at least this way I did not have to hear that I would not know what to do because I did not play the game. Sitting in Olympic Stadium last night was pathetic. We start to warm up Politte, then sit him down because we gave up 11 runs. Lets ruin all of our minor league guys heads and not try to win the game.

Remember -- Winning is fung and fung is winning -- but coming back from 11 runs is exciting!!!

To bad the French Canadians do not like baseball -- at least thier city is a blast.

:gulp:

beckett21
06-20-2004, 10:26 PM
I won't start worrying about Hawk until he starts telling me what "Ross Gload" spelled backwards is. :mg:

LauraJ14
06-20-2004, 10:30 PM
Don't forget......"Ozzie Ball. It's an attitude."

I am starting to hear that damn phrase in my sleep.

So am I and its pissing me off!!! I am seeing some of the same dumb things from last year, a different lineup everyday, Carlos getting picked off, 5th starter can't win a game, only 2 relievers able to get guys out consistently.