PDA

View Full Version : Munoz -- He Gone!

JRIG
06-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Sent down after the game.

:KW
"Who's throwing out the ceremonial first pitch five days from now? See if he can stick around for 5 more innings!"

SEALgep
06-20-2004, 12:46 AM
At least he stuck around.

cheeses_h_rice
06-20-2004, 12:57 AM
What are the odds that every single ****ing "stud" the Sox bring up from the minors has been so incredibly, unbelievably ineffective in their first games up at the majors? Seriously, you'd figure that at LEAST one of these guys would prove their mettle, or at least not give up 10 runs in 2 innings.

:rolleyes:

SEALgep
06-20-2004, 01:03 AM
What are the odds that every single ****ing "stud" the Sox bring up from the minors has been so incredibly, unbelievably ineffective in their first games up at the majors? Seriously, you'd figure that at LEAST one of these guys would prove their mettle, or at least not give up 10 runs in 2 innings.

:rolleyes:I say the next time it will work. Seriously though, that was a shame tonight. I thought we were going to catch a break and finally have a worth while guy. Anyway, until a trade can be made, I would say give Grilli a shot I guess. He's at least got experience. We'll see, but obviously it would be ideal to just have a trade completed for someone that can get the job done.

Soxfest
06-20-2004, 01:04 AM
I do not want to see him again in 2004:angry:

doublem23
06-20-2004, 01:05 AM
Bring up Bajenaru!

:supernana:

StockdaleForVeep
06-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Sent down after the game.

:KW
"Who's throwing out the ceremonial first pitch five days from now? See if he can stick around for 5 more innings!"
http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/57/35/22m.jpg "Hi guys! Im your new pitcher!"-Henry Rowengartner

Brian26
06-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Is Scott Ruffcorn still at Double A?:D:

JRIG
06-20-2004, 01:18 AM
Is Scott Ruffcorn still at Double A?
He and Rodney Bolton have opened a memorabilia store together.

StockdaleForVeep
06-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Is Scott Ruffcorn still at Double A?:D:

Who was the starter we had in spring training that tore his achilles and then we cut him? I mean, guys can pitch off one foot right? Just tough it out and take a salt tablet

Brian26
06-20-2004, 01:21 AM
He and Rodney Bolton have opened a memorabilia store together.
Let's just hope Rodney McCray doesn't crash through it.

DrCrawdad
06-20-2004, 01:35 AM
That's great. Let's just call-up every damn Sox minor league pitcher so they can get their (butt) kicked and then they'll all be worth absolutely nothing in a trade.

Hey, obviously I don't know who the fifth starter should be. But come on, make a decision and stick to it! Jeez, it seems to me that the Sox have shown more patience with Gary Glover in the past, not to overlook Jon Garland.

beckett21
06-20-2004, 01:37 AM
That's great. Let's just call-up every damn Sox minor league pitcher so they can get their (butt) kicked and then they'll all be worth absolutely nothing in a trade.
Exactly.

:yup:

ND_Sox_Fan
06-20-2004, 01:38 AM
Who was the starter we had in spring training that tore his achilles and then we cut him? I mean, guys can pitch off one foot right? Just tough it out and take a salt tabletRobert Person. The only problem with him is that his arm is as bad as his achilles.

Maybe we could go with Mike Jackson; he would only give up 5 or so in the first 3 innings...

DrCrawdad
06-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Munoz was recalled from Double-A Birmingham on Friday where he was 7-2 with a 2.05 ERA. After the game, he was sent to Triple-A Charlotte and general manager Ken Williams announced the team was recalling Jon Rauch and Vic Darensberg might be activated in time for the game.

The shuffling will depend on X-ray results from Joe Crede, who was taken to the hospital after being struck on the left hand in the seventh inning.

"To pitch at this level, you've got to control those little things -- command, throw speed, strikes and (Munoz) didn't have any of those," Guillen said. "I told him not to worry about it, I've seen that before. You're not the only one."

The 11 runs Munoz allowed were the most allowed by a pitcher in the Majors since Mike Busby gave up 13 runs (only eight earned) against Atlanta on April 7, 1996.

The role of fifth starter has been a sore spot for the White Sox for the past two seasons. Pitchers in that spot in the rotation are 0-8 this season in nine starts with an ERA of 11.97.

"I don't think, even in my nightmares, I could come up with this," General Manager Ken Williams said after the game, referring to the trouble with the fifth spot in the rotation. "We are sending Arnie back, but as I told him, we're not sending him back because of what happened out there. A lot of kids, their first time, do not succeed on that Major League field."

I guess the team gave it's silent vote to allow Rauch back.

DrCrawdad
06-20-2004, 01:47 AM
http://www.dilfer.com/hot/arniemunoz.jpg
HE GONE!

http://www.concentric.net/~kosiorek/jonrauch.jpg
HE AGAIN!

StockdaleForVeep
06-20-2004, 01:52 AM
I guess the team gave it's silent vote to allow Rauch back.

Lets hope he doesnt pull a bad news bears incident and when someone hits a grounder to him he simply holds it and lets the guy get an inside the parker out of revenge against kw.

Oz-Throw the ball jonny!

MRKARNO
06-20-2004, 01:58 AM
Is Rauch going to be the 5th starter or just a righty in the bullpen? That's a question that no one knows the answer to right now. Vic Darensbourg would look good in our pen now, but hopefully Joe is healthy and we dont have to call him up for that reason.

rmusacch
06-20-2004, 02:30 AM
Who was the starter we had in spring training that tore his achilles and then we cut him? I mean, guys can pitch off one foot right? Just tough it out and take a salt tablet
Robert Person?

A. Cavatica
06-20-2004, 09:37 PM
Vic Darensbourg would look good in our pen now
Beg to differ. I saw Darensbourg pitch for the Knights. He's got nothing. I could probably think of nineteen minor leaguers I'd bring up before him...

duke of dorwood
06-20-2004, 09:48 PM
Just let Rauch pitch-he cant be worse than what we have seen anyway. Give him the work-he has had some success in the past-this 5th starter by committee has been another failure.