PDA

View Full Version : MLB's All-Star Game Commercials

doublem23
06-19-2004, 05:32 PM
Really would have liked to have seen those spots, with the players from each league driving around a la the Blue Brothers rallying support, all to the song the band played when Jake and Elwood entered the ballroom, for last year's game when it was in Chicago.

Houston? Makes no sense.

ewokpelts
06-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Really would have liked to have seen those spots, with the players from each league driving around a la the Blue Brothers rallying support, all to the song the band played when Jake and Elwood entered the ballroom, for last year's game when it was in Chicago.

Houston? Makes no sense.
is this a new commercial, or ur idea for one?
Gene

Brian26
06-21-2004, 05:37 PM
I'm still a bit peeved that, for no reason I can see, the Sox logo was taken off the All-Star logo last year at the last minute and replaced with "MLB". I believe that's the first time since they've been doing special logos for the All-Star game that the city's name or team nickname wasn't apart of the logo. Talk about disrespect...

markp8867
06-22-2004, 03:55 PM

Houston? Makes no sense.

Nobody will ever accuse MLB of being clever or quick-witted. The only sense I can make of it is that Giambi and Bonds are both driving the AL and NL cars respectively. Much like in the Blues Brothers, they are both running from the law but for them it is because of using steroids. These two cheaters don't realize the symbolism of it all but they have just been burned on national tv. It will be even funnier if the undeserving Giambi doesn't make the All-Star team too!

Jerry_Manuel
06-22-2004, 04:59 PM
is this a new commercial, or ur idea for one?
GeneIt's a real ad, the ads are well done, just like Doub said, seem out of place for Houston.

ewokpelts
06-23-2004, 02:40 AM
I'm still a bit peeved that, for no reason I can see, the Sox logo was taken off the All-Star logo last year at the last minute and replaced with "MLB". I believe that's the first time since they've been doing special logos for the All-Star game that the city's name or team nickname wasn't apart of the logo. Talk about disrespect...
Also happened in 2002 for the brewers. MLB actually had 3 asg logos. 1 with the sox logo, and 2 with mlb written in it's place. One had a text block covering teh sox logo, while another simply had the text inside the scoreboard element.I liked that one. I hated the text block logo. They ddefintly didnt change the 99 logo or the 2001. Makes you think if fox didnt want to put up the sox or brewers logos, eh?
Gene