PDA

View Full Version : Family Field Day

dllrbll7
06-19-2004, 02:19 PM
We just got back from the field day at the Cell and i just have to say it was a great time. To be able to wander the field, bullpens, and dugouts on your own was really nice. I really enjoyed trying to rob balls from goin over the fence. Definately a good time and everyone should do it next year. WHat did everyone else think?

Blob
06-19-2004, 04:41 PM
We just got back from the field day at the Cell and i just have to say it was a great time. To be able to wander the field, bullpens, and dugouts on your own was really nice. I really enjoyed trying to rob balls from goin over the fence. Definately a good time and everyone should do it next year. WHat did everyone else think?
Playing catch on the field is definately an experience everyone should have. I go each year to the season ticket holder party and it is fun. The only thing is it gets dangerous out there with all the balls flying around but worth the risk!

zach074
06-19-2004, 04:44 PM
i just got back also and it was a great time. I actually did rob a ball that was going into the bullpen. I got a spring training jersey that is number 57 anyone know whos this may have been?

AOEllis
06-19-2004, 06:20 PM
I bought a 2003 game black game jersey with the all-star patch, #44. First of all, All the money went to a good cause, some people need the cash more than I do. Secondly, I always liked how the guy took responsiblity for his actions and and was always honest. He was never afraid when he pitched poorly to speak with the media and make excuses. I absolutely hated him as a pitcher, however. I was at the game in Seattle where he blew it, and for me that was the last straw. If he was still on the sox I would refuse to watch him pitch.

A great part of the field Day on the field was Bill Melton walking around with fans. My dad and I talked with him for a good 10 minutes--- great guy.

AOEllis
06-19-2004, 06:22 PM
I bought a 2003 game black game jersey with the all-star patch, #44. First of all, All the money went to a good cause, some people need the cash more than I do. Secondly, I always liked how the guy took responsiblity for his actions and and was always honest. He was never afraid when he pitched poorly to speak with the media and make excuses. I absolutely hated him as a pitcher, however. I was at the game in Seattle where he blew it, and for me that was the last straw. If he was still on the sox I would refuse to watch him pitch.

A great part of the field Day on the field was Bill Melton walking around with fans. My dad and I talked with him for a good 10 minutes--- great guy.

PS--- I need to be commited.

Brian26
06-19-2004, 11:02 PM
Great weather for it too...totally blue sky this morning, and very cool....

Lip Man 1
06-19-2004, 11:13 PM
#44 John Cangelosi - OF

Tony Castillo - P

Moe Drabowski - P

Russ Kemmerer - P

Billy Koch - P

Chet Lemon - OF

Don McMahon - P

Tom Paciorek - IN

Dan Pasqua - OF

Aaron Rowand - OF

Lip

row18
06-20-2004, 02:35 AM
I was at the 11am, I must admit walking on to the field sent chills thourgh my body, i was thinking i was going to get sacked by the security team, but all jokes aside i think everyone should experience it one in thier lives.