PDA

View Full Version : A Hunch About an Expos Trade

Brian26
06-19-2004, 12:41 PM
Here's a hunch I have...

KW seems to like to do business with teams while the Sox are playing them.

I have a feeling we might be leaving Montreal with a couple of their players. There are 3 or 4 guys that would look very nice in Sox unis and would fill some holes.

Rex Hudler
06-19-2004, 02:06 PM
Here's a hunch I have...

I have a feeling we might be leaving Montreal with a couple of their players. There are 3 or 4 guys that would look very nice in Sox unis and would fill some holes.You might not be far off there.... I have a hunch something will happen with someone soon.

HomeFish
06-19-2004, 02:12 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the only trades he has done with teams after we have played them were the dumpings of Koch and Alomar. Most of his trades have not occured that way.

Nard
06-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Let's get Crazy Carl back.

SoxxoS
06-19-2004, 05:24 PM
Zach Day?

Man this color looks like Pepto Bismol.

Jjav829
06-19-2004, 06:10 PM
While we're on this topic, who the hell put together that FSN poll last night? I don't remember the exact wording, but the basic question was that if you could choose one player from the Expos, who would it be? The choices were Jose Vidro, Carl Everett, Rocky Biddle, Tony Batista, and other. Ok, Vidro, good choice. But there are about half a dozen players I'd rather have from the Expos than those other three. Brad Wilkerson, Nick Johnson, Livan Hernandez, Tony Armas Jr., Tomo Ohka (assuming this isn't talking about right now since he's hurt), Zach Day, Chad Cordero and Orlando Cabrera. I'd take any of them before I take Batista or Biddle. There might be a few that I'd take Everett over, but the main point is who the hell made this poll? Did they create this at the last second and just randomly pick four names? Inquiring minds want to know...

JB98
06-19-2004, 06:58 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure I want any of the Expos players. Everett played well for us last season, but let's not forget he was in a contract year. He's been oft-injured and disinterested this season. He handed us the game last night by butchering Uribe's fly to left. No way I want that guy in center for the Sox. I really feel we are better off without him.

Philo-Sox-er
06-19-2004, 07:06 PM
Say no to Everett! The only position players they have that would be good are Vidro or Cabrera; otherwise, pitching is all they could offer us.

Daver
06-19-2004, 07:20 PM
I would not object to KW trading for Rocky Biddle to fill the fifth starter role.

Win1ForMe
06-19-2004, 09:14 PM
I would not object to KW trading for Rocky Biddle to fill the fifth starter role.
Jesus, I hope we can do better than that...

Whitesox029
06-20-2004, 01:38 AM
There's no rule that says we can trade only with the team we are currently playing....why are we limiting ourselves to Montreal here? I still want Garcia or Livan Hernandez or someone like that.....I can't help thinking though....if only Carl Pavano was still with the Expos.....

Flight #24
06-20-2004, 01:45 AM
There's no rule that says we can trade only with the team we are currently playing....why are we limiting ourselves to Montreal here? True, but if we can keep it up, this weekend....here comes your new Sox 5th starter - Mark Prior!!!

basilesox
06-20-2004, 03:13 AM
Livan Hernandez would be a great pick up. He goes deep into games and he steps it up in the post season. He would be a much better pick up than Freddy Garcia.

The Cheat
06-20-2004, 03:42 AM
Livan Hernandez would be a great pick up. He goes deep into games and he steps it up in the post season. He would be a much better pick up than Freddy Garcia.
Too bad he signed a 3-year extension just after opening day. He's locked up at 8MIL,8MIL,and 7MIL in 2005-07 -- Northern Virginia will have no problem holding onto that contract.

He would cost 3 times what Garcia would, in terms of prospects.

StillMissOzzie
06-20-2004, 03:43 AM

:KW
"Hey boss, I've got a great money-saving idea. We only make trades with the team we're visiting. Then, we just leave their ass in that city and we don't have to fly them to the next city. We save on airfare, we save on meal money, and we could probably FedEx their locker room contents for $20!"

:reinsy
"Excellent!"

PINWHEELS
06-20-2004, 08:38 AM
"Hey boss, I've got a great money-saving idea. We only make trades with the team we're visiting. Then, we just leave their ass in that city and we don't have to fly them to the next city. We save on airfare, we save on meal money, and we could probably FedEx their locker room contents for $20!"

"Excellent!"Now that is Funny!

MisterB
06-20-2004, 01:45 PM

"Excellent!"
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2001&stc=1
"Yes...excellent, Williams. Now get Thomas to shave those sideburns!"