PDA

View Full Version : Koch's Florida Debut!

CWSGuy406
06-18-2004, 09:37 PM
1 Inning Pitched.

2 Hits.

1 Strikeout.

0 Walks.

1 Earned Run.

Had he done that against the Mariners, we'd be in first place right now. :angry:

So, Marlin fans, do you guys like what you got?

PaleHoseGeorge
06-18-2004, 09:42 PM
So, Marlin fans, do you guys like what you got?
Yeah, like they need another reason for trolling around here. :smile:

:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:
****FISH ARMY****

FarWestChicago
06-18-2004, 09:42 PM
As I said in another thread. They may be on to something. He is pitching better for them than he did for us already. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/unsure.gif

OurBitchinMinny
06-18-2004, 09:50 PM
As I said in another thread. They may be on to something. He is pitching better for them than he did for us already. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/unsure.gif
yeah no walks and only 2 hits!!!Billy come back!!

Brian26
06-18-2004, 09:51 PM
Had he done that against the Mariners, we'd be in first place right now. :angry:
Fantastic line :D:

depy48
06-19-2004, 12:25 AM
i'm not going to rag on koch, i wish him the best of luck. i had high expectations for him here...but like so many others i'm not going to find happiness in watching him fall apart. i really wished his sox tenure would have turned out better...am i defending the guy? a little. oh well..good luck koch and good luck marlins....i'm just settled in and hoping the sox perform the way they are supposed to.

vegyrex
06-19-2004, 04:09 AM
I wish Billy all the best. :smile:

Especially in September when the "fighting fish" play the flubs. :D:

Nard
06-19-2004, 04:46 AM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20040619/capt.pps10606190255.marlins_koch_pps106.jpg

I thought this kind of beauty only existed in dreams and Photoshop.

pinwheels3530
06-19-2004, 04:58 AM
i'm not going to rag on koch, i wish him the best of luck. i had high expectations for him here...but like so many others i'm not going to find happiness in watching him fall apart. i really wished his sox tenure would have turned out better...am i defending the guy? a little. oh well..good luck koch and good luck marlins....i'm just settled in and hoping the sox perform the way they are supposed to.

I am with you!!:wink:

jabrch
06-19-2004, 09:43 AM
1 IP, 2H, 1 ER

I wish Billy nothing but the best. He was a class act and a standup guy in a day when a lot of pro athlete's aren't. He was just a crap-ass pitcher here the majority of the times he took the bump and we have no room for that. I have no idea what the Marlins were thinking - 2.5mm for this guy, plus a mediocre prospect seems like a bad investment.

I hope KW can now parlay this extra money, along with whatever he and JR left for a midseason acquisition, into a 5th starter and a tough righty in the pen.

Blob
06-19-2004, 09:46 AM
I saw billy's numbers this morning and laughed. He is a stand up guy and all but as far as pitching...he has fallen apart. He is the cardiac kid!

I hope the Sox use that money to get someone real good!

StillMissOzzie
06-19-2004, 10:27 PM
I do admire the way he was a stand-up guy no matter how awful he was. On the other hand, I don't want to see he do too well somewhere else, because that means he sucked ONLY in his 1 1/2 years here! Why should WE be the only "beneficiaries" of his foul stench?

SMO
:gulp:

beckett21
06-19-2004, 10:34 PM
On the other hand, I don't want to see he do too well somewhere else, because that means he sucked ONLY in his 1 1/2 years here! Why should WE be the only "beneficiaries" of his foul stench?

SMO
:gulp:
Don't worry. Plenty 'o stench to go 'round.

Flight #24
06-20-2004, 11:09 AM
I do admire the way he was a stand-up guy no matter how awful he was.

Me too, but then every now &then I think "Hey - I can be a great guy in the clubhouse, get shelled every so often and take responsibility for a lot less $$$ - where do I sign up?"

Stilll, it's refreshing to see his attitude in today's sports world & the current "it's someone else's fault" society

Nard
06-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Beelee gave up a two-run homer in the 11th inning today and gets another loss.

It's pretty crucial that you pitch well in the 11th, ya know.

FL ERA remains at 9.00 ERA.

The funny thing is people over there still think "Rosey" can magically cure him and he'll stop giving up runs the rest of the season. I guess Coop is that bad.

beckett21
06-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Beelee gave up a two-run homer in the 11th inning today and gets another loss.

It's pretty crucial that you pitch well in the 11th, ya know.

FL ERA remains at 9.00 ERA.

The funny thing is people over there still think "Rosey" can magically cure him and he'll stop giving up runs the rest of the season. I guess Coop is that bad.
I'd be curious to know how many of them could actually name our pitching coach.

It's easy to look like a wizard when you are working with Burnett and Beckett. Try that with Loaiza, Schoeneweis, and Garland. Not to mention in the American League, home of the DH. When I made a comment to that effect over there, I was treated like a three-headed leper.:o:

What is interesting is how the Marlin fans are all turning on one another, but they don't seem to be ready to blame Koch yet :?:

The truth hurts sometimes.

FarWestChicago
06-20-2004, 05:44 PM
What is interesting is how the Marlin fans are all turning on one another, but they don't seem to be ready to blame Koch yet :?:

The truth hurts sometimes.They weren't allowed to troll here. I guess they had to do it somewhere. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

beckett21
06-20-2004, 05:50 PM
They weren't allowed to troll here. I guess they had to do it somewhere. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif
Well, yeah, since THIS place is run by elitist swine. I mean, this is the INTERNET, where there are no rules and you can treat people like the ignorant trash that they are without any consequences! Didn't any of the mods here get that memo?

(note use of DEEP TEAL) :D:

:rolleyes:

FarWestChicago
06-20-2004, 05:54 PM
(note use of DEEP TEAL) :D: Well done. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/cool.gif

JRIG
06-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Well, yeah, since THIS place is run by elitist swine. I mean, this is the INTERNET, where there are no rules and you can treat people like the ignorant trash that they are without any consequences! Didn't any of the mods here get that memo?

(note use of DEEP TEAL) :D:

:rolleyes:
I just started here. What memo is this you're referring to? I didn't get a copy of it. All I got was some sort of weird handbook on how to spot a :dtroll: . That and the initiation gauntlet.

beckett21
06-20-2004, 05:59 PM
Well done. http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/cool.gif
:thumbsup:

Keep up the good work. All of your efforts are appreciated.

*shamelessly drawing favor of mods*

:redneck

beckett21
06-20-2004, 06:08 PM
I just started here. What memo is this you're referring to? I didn't get a copy of it. All I got was some sort of weird handbook on how to spot a :dtroll: . That and the initiation gauntlet.
:roflmao:

You mean this handbook:

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: <------not trolls

:troll:dtroll: <-----------trolls

:)