PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now?

OurBitchinMinny
06-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Maybe this belongs in the parking lot, but I was playing an old baseball video game from '97 and got to wondering, where are they now for some of the sox players.

Norberto "Paco" Martin
"Officer" Ron Karkovice
Doug Drabek

Lip Man 1
06-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Karkovice lives in Florida.

Lip

michned
06-19-2004, 01:50 PM
Norberto "Paco" Martin
"Officer" Ron Karkovice
Doug Drabek
I had heard Paco Martin is the bench coach for the Helena, MT Brewers in the Pioneer League.

Ed

SOXintheBURGH
06-19-2004, 02:42 PM
I had heard Paco Martin is the bench coach for the Helena, MT Brewers in the Pioneer League.

Ed
Remember when Paco Martin had a pinch hit homer on opening day in like 96(?) at Toronto? (Since the Sox NEVER open the season at home).

Hondo
06-19-2004, 03:29 PM
They all live together in a Condo in Boca.

Whatever happened to Dan Pasqua??

MRKARNO
06-19-2004, 03:40 PM

Ed
Brewers Announce Bench Coach For 2004

January 26, 2004
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
For More Information, Call Travis Brower at (406) 495-0500

HELENA - The Helena Brewers announce today that Paco Martin (pronounced Mar-teen) has been named bench coach for the club for the 2004 season.

Martin joins field manager, Johnny Narron; pitching coach, Mark Littell and trainer Masa Koyanagi who were named to their respective positions earlier this month.

Martin comes to the club with a professional career spanning 14 years, primarily as a second baseman. He played in the Major Leagues over seven seasons with the White Sox, Angels and Blue Jays. His best years were 1996 and 1997 with the White Sox batting .350 and .300 respectively. His lifetime major League average is .278.

“I am excited to come to Helena and help the team win” Martin said via cell phone. “People in the Milwaukee organization have said a lot of nice things about Helena and I look forward to spending the summer there.”

Martin is originally from San Pedro de Macoris in the Dominican Republic. He currently resides in the Bronx, NY, with his wife and three children.

“With the completion of our coaching staff we look forward to another winning season in Helena,” said Helena Brewers General Manager/President Paul Fetz. “I would like to think that Martin’s major league experience will help shape today’s players into future “big leaguers.”

For more information, please call the Helena Brewers office at (406) 495-0500.

http://www.helenabrewers.net/html/body_brewer_news.html

soltrain21
06-19-2004, 03:54 PM
Whatever happened to Dan Pasqua??

Dan Pasqua is married to my friend's aunt. He said he just spending some time with his kids, but he didn't tell me where he lives now..

mike squires
06-19-2004, 10:43 PM
can't tell you where they are exactly. I did see both of them at the Sox/Cubs reunion game last year. Karko looked about the same. He was sporting a Jim the Anvil Neidhart T and Pasqua looked to be in good shape as well. After watching him hit batting practice I asked him why he's still not playing. He said he couldn't run anymore, and not jokingly said, "not that he ever could. He ended up hitting a homer that cleared the stadium in Joliet. It was a nice time. I got Luzinski's autograph on his 82 SI cover, Rock Raines on his topps rookie card, Thiggy and talked some Wilco with Black Jack...

OurBitchinMinny
06-19-2004, 11:10 PM
what about melido perez?
and the deacon?

The Wimperoo
06-19-2004, 11:13 PM
what about melido perez?
and the deacon?
I think the Deacon is still playing for the Joliet Jackhammers, either that or a coach.

TornLabrum
06-19-2004, 11:18 PM
I think the Deacon is still playing for the Joliet Jackhammers, either that or a coach.
The Deacon is not in Joliet.

The Wimperoo
06-20-2004, 08:34 AM
The Deacon is not in Joliet.
Sorry you are right, he was playing against the Jackhammers. He was on St. Paul Saints. That was last summer though, and I don't see him on that roster anymore so he might have finally hung up the cleats.

TornLabrum
06-20-2004, 09:43 AM
Sorry you are right, he was playing against the Jackhammers. He was on St. Paul Saints. That was last summer though, and I don't see him on that roster anymore so he might have finally hung up the cleats.
I was at a St. Paul game the other night. You're right. He wasn't there.