PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to Milwaukee this weekend?

brewcrew/chisox
06-18-2004, 04:36 PM
The Sox are in Canada. Miller Park and the tailgating around the park is always a good time. The Brewers are playing well right now.

And most importantly, one more reason to root against the Twinkies!

I'll be going to both the Sat and Sun games. It would be good to see some fellow Sox fans there as well.

Put down a couple of these:
:gulp:

soxwon
06-18-2004, 08:00 PM
i ran a thread on this a week ago, im sure if you look youll find it.

ill be there sunday, cdawg said he would be there too.

ill be wearing sox stuff, meet at the TGIF bar at 12:15 ok.

cubhater
06-19-2004, 12:53 AM
i ran a thread on this a week ago, im sure if you look youll find it.

ill be there sunday, cdawg said he would be there too.

ill be wearing sox stuff, meet at the TGIF bar at 12:15 ok.
I'm going to Sunday's game, wearing a Sox jersey and Brewer's hat. I'll be right above the TGIF bar during batting practice and wander about the stadium with my $1 Uecker ticket.:D: Hope to catch you in the bar after batting practice!

GO BREWERS!

jeremyb1
06-19-2004, 01:14 AM
I went the last time we were there. I believe Biddle started and pitched well so clearly it was quite a while ago. In any event, it was a really good time. They have an incredible ballpark, it's a shame they don't draw more.

soxwon
06-19-2004, 01:20 AM
12:15 or so tgif bar cool

MarqSox
06-19-2004, 01:12 PM
I was there last night representing the Sox. Bought a cheap ticket and stood in the Friday's bar area overlooking left field. I had the bartender turn on the Sox game on one of the TVs, so I watched that with the Brewers-Twinks in the background -- pretty cool experience, I gotta say. Go Brew Crew

C-Dawg
06-19-2004, 04:17 PM
I'll be there! At TGIF 12:15. I imagine it'll be easy to find; with my luck I'll enter the part no where near it.

Cellview22
06-20-2004, 11:07 AM
Sorry I didn't see you guys. In fact I only saw 1 other person with a Sox jersey. I've never seen so many people with Twins jerseys on last night. Even driving up to the parking lot, there was about a 30-minute traffic jam just to get into the lot, and it felt like a Twins playoff game in Minnesota. The van next to us was filled with Twins fans, the outside of the van was painted with "Go Twins", they were all waving their flags out the window and cheering when other Twins fans walked pass them. And it seemed like this was the case with a hundred other cars. Those Twins fans are nuts.

As I was waiting in the ticket line, a group of Twins fans walked past us, and this one kid was telling his group that he prays every day that the Twins win the AL Central. I looked over his way and kinda tipped my Sox hat to him, he shook his head and kept walking..classic!:D:

C-Dawg
06-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Sorry I didn't see you guys. In fact I only saw 1 other person with a Sox jersey. I've never seen so many people with Twins jerseys on last night.

You're not kidding; that's sort of the reason I wanted to go to this series since I remember how they populated OUR park with their ugly jerseys LOL!

Anyway, met up with Soxwon and Cubhater & Co. at the bar before the game, and we eventually wound up in the RF bleachers. Cubhater is very funny and has a good yell, and can taunt the opposing team's guys pretty good. There were a couple Twinks who bore his taunts, but unfortunately the TC team got off to an early lead and never gave it up. It would have been good to see them get swept. Now the Sox need to do some damage at home this week. Go Sox!