PDA

View Full Version : Urinal expansion plan to "borrow" Cell's features

Frater Perdurabo
06-18-2004, 04:30 PM
My apologies if this has been posted in another thread.

Ivy would cover exterior brick walls. The bleacher project also would include a "batter's eye" restaurant, air conditioned and enclosed in tinted glass, in the center field

While this isn't exactly like the Center Field Fan Deck at the Cell, it still is something of a rip-off to combine the concept of a restaurant or Stadium Club with the Fan Deck and put it in CF in place of the batters' eye. Of course the Cubune can't give the Sox and the Cell any credit whatsoever.

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-040618wrigley,1,2891929.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)

MRKARNO
06-18-2004, 04:37 PM
My apologies if this has been posted in another thread.

While this isn't exactly like the Center Field Fan Deck at the Cell, it still is something of a rip-off to combine the concept of a restaurant or Stadium Club with the Fan Deck and put it in CF in place of the batters' eye. Of course the Cubune can't give the Sox and the Cell any credit whatsoever.

Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-040618wrigley,1,2891929.story?coll=cs-home-headlines)
The bleacher issue is such a contentious one that I doubt it will be resolved before the adjacent building is done.

Blueprint1
06-18-2004, 04:38 PM
FUNNY doesnt it kinda look like a ball mall

woodenleg
06-18-2004, 05:44 PM
That's great - we're finally getting a cage to keep them all in.

doublem23
06-18-2004, 06:33 PM
God damn, it people bitch about the Sox unloading their lots at the same time, I don't even want to think about what kind of chaos will ensue if the Cubs think they can unload every car in a parking lot at the same time.

cheeses_h_rice
06-18-2004, 07:12 PM
It looks like that new building takes all the space currently used by the TV crew trucks and players; wonder where they'll go?

Viva Magglio
06-18-2004, 11:02 PM
Actually, it sounds like the Cubs are copying a Busch Stadium concept for the bleacher restaurant. Busch has an eatery in the batters eye with special glass that is one-sided visible.