PDA

View Full Version : Livan Hernandez

cbrownson13
06-18-2004, 03:28 PM
I know this has been mentioned before, but with the upcoming series with the Expos and going with what Williams just did with Koch after playing the Marlins, anyone think we could be getting our fifth starter this weekend in Livan Hernandez? He's still got three years left on his contract, something Freddy Garcia doesn't.

IlliniSox
06-18-2004, 03:53 PM
That'd be great, but they're not the Expos for much longer. The last I heard, we'll find out where Les Expos are headed next month from MLB. They'll need to show up in their new hometown with a team to put on the field. Joe Borchard in Center, Jon Rauch on the mound?

Flight #24
06-18-2004, 03:55 PM
That'd be great, but they're not the Expos for much longer. The last I heard, we'll find out where Les Expos are headed next month from MLB. They'll need to show up in their new hometown with a team to put on the field. Joe Borchard in Center, Jon Rauch on the mound?
Copnceptually, I agree with you. But does anyone really think that Livan Hernandez is going to put butts in the seats? He's a solid #2 or 3 starter, I'd think the Expos would take a couple of high upside guys for him.

cbrownson13
06-18-2004, 04:17 PM
Copnceptually, I agree with you. But does anyone really think that Livan Hernandez is going to put butts in the seats? He's a solid #2 or 3 starter, I'd think the Expos would take a couple of high upside guys for him.
I really don't care if he puts butts in the seats or not. He is a proven starter with great stuff and some good postseason experience.

Frater Perdurabo
06-18-2004, 04:22 PM
I'd deal Rauch and Borchard for Livan Hernandez, and then deal Cotts and more prospects to the Devil Rays for Carl Crawford.

Then next season, call up Reed to play LF and trade Lee and perhaps prospects for a legitimate MLB starting pitcher.

2004 World Series Champs: Chicago White Sox

2005 Lineup: Crawford (CF), Reed (LF), Maggs (RF), Frank (DH), Paulie (1B), Crede (3B), Olivo (C), Harris (2B), Uribe (SS)
2005 Starting Five: Loaiza, Buehrle, Hernandez, new pitcher (in trade for Lee), Garland
2005 Pen: Shingo, Marte, Shoe, Wunsch, Adkins

jeremyb1
06-18-2004, 04:26 PM
I know this has been mentioned before

I hate to be grouchy about this but yes this at least the third thread on the subject and no one has yet to make an even remotely convincing argument that Livan is available. He was just resigned in an attempt to improve the viability of the Expos for their impending move, he's not going to be dealt.

lowesox
06-18-2004, 04:28 PM
I'd rather go for a bigger name than Hernandez. With Maggs leaving at the end of the year, this is our shot. Give me Randy Johnson, give me Freddy Garcia, give me C.C. Sabathia, or give me Sheets.

Flight #24
06-18-2004, 04:30 PM
I really don't care if he puts butts in the seats or not. He is a proven starter with great stuff and some good postseason experience.
Let me clarify - the Expos aren't going to be looking at Livan as a key to their franchise being viable as they move, so we may very well be able to pick him up in a deal. I too would love to add him to the staff (although I'd prefer Sheets, Sabathia, Garcia in that order).

cbrownson13
06-18-2004, 04:37 PM
I hate to be grouchy about this but yes this at least the third thread on the subject and no one has yet to make an even remotely convincing argument that Livan is available. He was just resigned in an attempt to improve the viability of the Expos for their impending move, he's not going to be dealt.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_gregor.asp

This guy seems to think he's available.

CHISOXFAN13
06-19-2004, 03:49 PM
I'd rather go for a bigger name than Hernandez. With Maggs leaving at the end of the year, this is our shot. Give me Randy Johnson, give me Freddy Garcia, give me C.C. Sabathia, or give me Sheets.
Why do some people seem to think that we can ge Sabathia?

Cleveland has a strong, young team and I highly doubt they'd be willing to give up their ace.

iwannago
06-19-2004, 06:11 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/col_gregor.asp

This guy seems to think he's available.
Thanks for passing this on.

SOXintheBURGH
06-19-2004, 06:15 PM

Cleveland has a strong, young team and I highly doubt they'd be willing to give up their ace.

Maybe they feel like putting up a White Flag in June? :D:

DSpivack
06-19-2004, 06:41 PM

Same goes for Milwaukee.

MRKARNO
06-19-2004, 06:43 PM
Same goes for Milwaukee.
Do you not remember the posts made by our Friend otis?

DSpivack
06-19-2004, 06:48 PM
Do you not remember the posts made by our Friend otis?
My memory fails me. Enlighten me.

MRKARNO
06-19-2004, 06:55 PM
My memory fails me. Enlighten me.
He came here and made a post saying that his friend in the Red Sox organization (we know this is credible because he told us about how Maggs would have been involved in the Manny/Arod potential deal a while before it happened) has said that KW has been after Sheets and Sabathia and that they both could be had, but it would take giving up Reed for Sheets and Borchard and a high level pitcher for Sabathia and that KW was reluctant to trade Borchard or Reed

ndgt10
06-19-2004, 07:18 PM
KW must be smoking something if he wouldn't give up Reed for Sheets.

Mohoney
06-19-2004, 11:07 PM
KW must be smoking something if he wouldn't give up Reed for Sheets.

Thank you.