PDA

View Full Version : Cross Town matchups

Gammons Peter
06-18-2004, 10:37 AM
Looks to me like its going to be:
Prior vs Garland
Zambrano vs Schoeneweis
Maddux vs Loaiza

We really need Garland to step up if we plan on winning this series, Zambrano vs Schoeneweis is probably a loss and we should be able to pound Maddux

cbrownson13
06-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Yeah, those are the matchups I figured too. Unless it changes due to the Cubs day off.

DrCrawdad
06-18-2004, 10:47 AM
Prior vs Garland
Zambrano vs Schoeneweis
Maddux vs Loaiza

We really need Garland to step up if we plan on winning this series, Zambrano vs Schoeneweis is probably a loss and we should be able to pound Maddux

We've had this discussion. (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=415690&postcount=1)Yeah, unless the Cubs skip Rusch against the Cardinals. It seems now though that it would be unlikely for them to do that considering how well Rusch has done for them.

Of course I'd love for the Sox to pound every pitcher every game, especially Cubbie starters. I'm not predicting anything though for this series. The Sox bats can fall maddeningly silent. Soft-tossers, like Maddux, can give the Sox hitters trouble.

depy48
06-18-2004, 10:58 AM
i'd love to pound zambrano, he's on the top three of my hate list along with luis rivas and sosa.

bobj4400
06-18-2004, 11:08 AM
Prior vs Garland
Zambrano vs Schoeneweis
Maddux vs Loaiza

I will be at the games Friday and Saturday, and am not exactly optimistic about our chances. They are throwing their two best starters v. our two worst starters. The DH will help us, but it is going to be a tough assignment for our lineup.

HomerCoach
06-18-2004, 11:10 AM
i'd love to pound zambrano, he's on the top three of my hate list along with luis rivas and sosa.
What about Thome?:cower:

Kogs35
06-18-2004, 11:15 AM
i hate zambrano. every time he has the bases loaded and hes saying stuff in spanish and then gets out of it puts one finger in the air, saids more stuff in spanish, and makes me want to brake my tv cause i hate that guy so much. :angry:

Rocky Soprano
06-18-2004, 11:47 AM
Doesn't look good at all, hopefully there pitchers have rough starts and we jump all over them.

DrCrawdad
06-18-2004, 12:54 PM
Sosa is batting below .200 (I think .154) against lefties this year. However Ramirez is batting over .450

The same goes for Lee, he too is under .200 against left handers.

Interesting comment from a Cubbie fan.

Soxzilla
06-18-2004, 02:14 PM
What about Thome?:cower:
We only hate thome because he pounds the crap out of us every game we see him. It's more of a mutual hate for the man, because I personally respect, and wouldn't mind seeing him in a soxxie uniform. However, if rivas or meintkiezxixhogiaoidj (However you spell his name), ever come to the sox........there would be hell to pay.:angry:

harwar
06-18-2004, 02:18 PM
i'll just be glad when all of this inter-league crap(includind the cubs)is over.

AnkleSox
06-18-2004, 05:08 PM
Remember it is very possible that KW is gonna pick up a quality fifth starter before the series. Also, everyone knows that Ozzie hates the cubs and he may tweak the rotation a bit just for the series so that sox fans have the best chance possible to celebrate yet another winning summer against the cubs.

Thunderstruck30
06-19-2004, 01:29 AM
If only Wood was pitching, we always light him up. Dont forget we did beat Prior in 02. I mean he was only a rookie but still.

MRKARNO
06-19-2004, 01:48 AM
If only Wood was pitching, we always light him up. Dont forget we did beat Prior in 02. I mean he was only a rookie but still.
No pitcher is safe in the opposing pitcher's hell known as US Cellular Field. We've scored 6.3 runs a game at home with 1.78 Homers a game (which is absolutely incredible).

VeeckAsInWreck
06-19-2004, 01:55 AM
No pitcher is safe in the opposing pitcher's hell known as US Cellular Field. We've scored 6.3 runs a game at home with 1.78 Homers a game (which is absolutely incredible).
If this kind of scoring keeps up at The Cell, we may have to rename the park Coors Lite Field! :D:

MRKARNO
06-19-2004, 02:10 AM
If this kind of scoring keeps up at The Cell, we may have to rename the park Coors Lite Field! :D:
US Cellular FIeld has the highest park factor for home runs this year at 1.413, which is about .1 higher than Coors field and only .05 higher than the BOB. Homers are absolutely flying out of the cell, and should continue to do so as the weather heats up. The difference is that there is a lot less ground to cover at the cell than coors, so less hits fall. Still, the cell is third in hits park factor with 1.131. The overall runs park factor is 1.238, which is also third

MrRoboto83
06-19-2004, 02:12 AM
Dont forget we have Carlos Lee, the biggest Flub killer of all, I fully expect his usual against the flubs. I like our chances against the northside. Zambrano is due for a real bad outting.

MRKARNO
06-19-2004, 02:24 AM
Dont forget we have Carlos Lee, the biggest Flub killer of all, I fully expect his usual against the flubs. I like our chances against the northside. Zambrano is due for a real bad outting.
The FLubs havent played in any of the premeir offensive parks in the league this year. The best one they played in was the BOB which is only 6th in PF for runs and way behind the cell. The Cubs dont know what they're getting into. I fully expect:

A. The Cubs to hit a good deal of homers

B. The Sox to hit even more and be able to score runs not by homer, unlike the Cubs

C. Cubs pitches to be less than effective.

D. At least one ten run output from the Sox.

MrRoboto83
06-19-2004, 02:34 AM
I will not be happy with anything but a 3 game dusting of the flubs.