PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys not see this, or is it just me???

ukigdog
06-17-2004, 10:45 PM
I have a feeling that this guy we traded Koch for was someone that seattle or another team may have wanted, so we turn around and package him in a deal now. ?? It may be dreaming, but do you think this may happen??:

Freddy Garcia
Eddie Guardado

for

Minor leaguer we just got
Borchard
Rauch/Munoz/Diaz

illinibk
06-17-2004, 10:47 PM
yeah, I thought the same thing too, we can only hope something like that happens.

HomeFish
06-17-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm not sure there are too many teams hot for el gatito, but he may be more tradeable than Koch...

hose
06-17-2004, 10:53 PM
I have a feeling that this guy we traded Koch for was someone that seattle or another team may have wanted, so we turn around and package him in a deal now. ?? It may be dreaming, but do you think this may happen??:

Freddy Garcia
Eddie Guardado

for

Borchard
Rauch/Munoz/Diaz

I think any team could of gotten Valdez from the Marlins if they wanted him.

DSpivack
06-17-2004, 11:30 PM
I think any team could of gotten Valdez from the Marlins if they wanted him.
Yeah, I just saw that the Marlins signed him as a free agent from the Expos in March 2002. He's AAAA filler, which for the middle IF the Sox needed.

StepsInSC
06-17-2004, 11:34 PM
Yeah, I just saw that the Marlins signed him as a free agent from the Expos in March 2002. He's AAAA filler, which for the middle IF the Sox needed.
Exactly, we're not what most would call deep at the middle infield positions by any means. The more significant part of the deal is clearly the salary being dumped.

depy48
06-17-2004, 11:36 PM
yeah thats the first thing i thought too, that the sox would spin this guy for someone else...

Randar68
06-17-2004, 11:50 PM
yeah thats the first thing i thought too, that the sox would spin this guy for someone else...
not likely. He's a favorite of ozzie. apparently he was a malcontent that ozzie worked with personally. i imagine he's slated to be our utility IF'er next year when Uribe starts at SS and Willie at 2B.

MRKARNO
06-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Why not call him up right now? He's gotta be more worth a roster spot than Dransfeldt (who hit only .265 in AAA I might add)

elrod
06-18-2004, 12:27 AM
Isn't Albuquerque a hitter's park a la Coors Field? About six guys on that team have over .300 averages.

CapeFish
06-18-2004, 12:38 AM
Isn't Albuquerque a hitter's park a la Coors Field? About six guys on that team have over .300 averages.
Yes, Isotopes Park is a launching pad, but not as bad as Coors. The PCL also has many launching pads.

gosox41
06-18-2004, 08:35 AM

Freddy Garcia
Eddie Guardado

for

Borchard
Rauch/Munoz/Diaz
Maybe the Sox are looking to move Crede in a trade. This would move Uribe to 3B, Harris back to 2B where he belongs and keep Valentin at SS. Thge Sox would hten need a utility infielder.

Bob

depy48
06-18-2004, 08:55 AM
perhaps the sox offense laid down against florida so florida would trade for koch....

Tekijawa
06-18-2004, 09:00 AM
The more significant part of the deal is clearly the salary being dumped.
I think it's getting rid of the reliever that could get out pitched by a pitching machine that was hte most significant part.