PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Leaders in the International League

elrod
06-17-2004, 10:13 PM
The top three pitchers in WHIP in the International League are, in order:

Jon Rauch 1.02
Felix Diaz 1.03
Matt Guerrier 1.04 (former Sox farmhand just promoted to the Twins and not impressive in his debut)

So the top two pitchers are Sox pitchers who have faltered in their audition for the 5 spot. And the third is a former Sox pitcher traded for Marte. I'm surprised none of these guys have had any success in their brief outings in the show. Though maybe the sample size is too small...

HomerCoach
06-17-2004, 10:19 PM
The top three pitchers in WHIP in the International League are, in order:

Jon Rauch 1.02
Felix Diaz 1.03
I'm surprised none of these guys have had any success in their brief outings in the show. Though maybe the sample size is too small...
Sample size is way too small, Rauch will be an excellent ML starter soon, hopefully with the White Sox.

:dtroll:<------------Still doing the "Koch Trade Dance"

elrod
06-17-2004, 10:21 PM
Rauch has got to be better than what he showed against the Angels. But he looked like he had nothing. Diaz clearly had good stuff but got nervous. Rauch, I can't figure out. There was no deception and every ball went right over the plate.

HomerCoach
06-17-2004, 10:24 PM
:dtroll: Did someone say Koch was traded?

A. Cavatica
06-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Rauch, Diaz, or Guerrier would've been better than Koch. At least they don't walk many.

HomerCoach
06-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Rauch, Diaz, or Guerrier would've been better than Koch. At least they don't walk many. Who are we calling up? I say Rauch as a long relief/bullpen guy.

:dtroll:<----------Pleased that Koch is a Marlin

elrod
06-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Rauch, Diaz, or Guerrier would've been better than Koch. At least they don't walk many.
You saying you see them as closers?

A. Cavatica
06-17-2004, 10:31 PM
You saying you see them as closers?
No.

But I didn't see Koch as one either.