PDA

View Full Version : Crede take note

pssondacubs
06-17-2004, 09:52 PM
I hope Crede watched the nice touch that Matt Treanor put on his game winning hit to win the game tonight."Hey Joe, that's how it's done". Just go with the pitch. Must be a new concept. Crede had an opportunity to do the same and looked terrible again. With his swings it's all or nothing, and usually it's nothing. I will add that he isn't the only one guilty of all or nothing hitting, but his approach to hitting is terrible. I keep hearing "He'll come out of it". The time to come out of it isn't when the Sox are in 3rd or 4th place. Time for a change.

elrod
06-17-2004, 10:02 PM
Crede is hitting better, actually. But hitting better means more contact with his long swing. There are some people who can change their approach at the plate and shorten their swing. I'm the biggest fan of players that go the other way with the ball. I'd be ecstatic if our lineup was filled with six guys that regularly shoot the ball the other way, with Frank, Paul and Lee to drive them home. In fact, the Twins are filled with players who do that. But you can't just make a player do that. It takes years to develop that.