PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL: tonight KW is a genius thread

A. Cavatica
06-17-2004, 09:49 PM
There has to be someone out there who wants to criticize the Koch trade.

Go away.

Harris=God
06-17-2004, 09:55 PM
The only person complaining is Koch:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

doublem23
06-17-2004, 10:09 PM
Can I criticize the first Koch trade?

Foulke, Mark Johnson, and Joe Valentine for Neal Cotts and a minor league SS? Good one.

ScottyTheSoxFan
06-17-2004, 10:13 PM
im glad he admitted the mistake and dumped billy koch.

...now if only the bulls could do the same w/ eddie robinson

JRIG
06-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Can I criticize the first Koch trade?

Foulke, Mark Johnson, and Joe Valentine for Neal Cotts and a minor league SS? Good one.
Yeah, but if Cotts can contribute it won't look as bad!

Uncle_Patrick
06-17-2004, 11:04 PM
Koch was going to rebound. Worst trade ever!!!!!

Actually, Koch was kind of a stand up guy, taking the blame for all his mess ups (hey, some pitchers in this town aren't going to apologize; we've learned that in advance). I wish him luck.
Still...bye bye. The reign of terror is over. Bring on Shingo!

pissonthecubs
06-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Harris=God, the reporter for the sox/marlins game on the Score is saying that BK is anything but complaining, said he is relieved and again steped up and said it just didn't work out here in chicago and it was becuse "I sucked". straight from his mouth.

the only thing i can give him credit for besides blowing every save humanly possible, is that he is one of the most stand up guys in all of sports. he could make any and every excuse, he will tell you he hasn't lived up to what everyone thought he should have been.

:rowand WHITE SOX BASEBALL: THE MAYOR LIKES US BETTER!

MRKARNO
06-17-2004, 11:20 PM
I like the person Billy Koch, not the pitcher. Too bad it didnt work out with us, but I'm pretty happy to see him go.

KW did the right thing by trading him away and salvaging an extra 2 mil to spend on someone that we actually want

Lip Man 1
06-17-2004, 11:43 PM
I hope that whatever use Williams is going to make with the money happens very soon. The bullpen is looking mighty thin right now. With a few guys struggling.

Lip

StepsInSC
06-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Cheers to Koch as a human, good riddance to him as a pitcher.

There was an article here recently about Tyler Lumsden (Clemson pitcher) visiting Chicago and Koch showing him around (Koch was also a Clemson pitcher). I only hope Koch didn't give him any pointers, but he is a good guy.

jeremyb1
06-17-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey if there's any criticism for KW it's only for not making a similar deal earlier. I'm very proud of him that he was able to cut his losses like this. Great move.

Dadawg_77
06-18-2004, 12:52 AM
The only that I would asked is how much money did the Sox eat? I don't see the Marlins taking on Koch's salary for what he adds to their club. If Sox ate Koch's contract, the trade is wash but could improve the clubhouse, but isn't Ozzie doing that already. I have idea about the minor leaguer we got, but would the Marlins give up anyone good for Koch?

JasonC23
06-18-2004, 07:35 AM
I was actually going to start a thread like this once I got into work today. I cannot BELIEVE KW got someone to take Koch off his hands! I don't care who or what we got back. After I heard, "The Marlins acquired Billy Koch..." on the radio this morning, I missed the rest of the trade because I yelled, "NO F***IN WAY!!" :supernana:

bobj4400
06-18-2004, 08:58 AM
I was actually going to start a thread like this once I got into work today. I cannot BELIEVE KW got someone to take Koch off his hands! I don't care who or what we got back. After I heard, "The Marlins acquired Billy Koch..." on the radio this morning, I missed the rest of the trade because I yelled, "NO F***IN WAY!!" :supernana:The first thing I heard on ESPN1000 when I got in the car this morning was a Sportscenter update. When I heard the trade news my eyes actually welled up with tears of joy. I think one tear even streamed down my face as I frantically grabbed my cell phone to call every Sox fan I know to cheer about the trade. What a great morning. I was still feeling ****ty about the loss this morning...now I say bring on the 'Spos!!!!!!!!! :supernana: :gulp: :supernana: :gulp: :)

Blob
06-18-2004, 09:35 AM
Harris=God, the reporter for the sox/marlins game on the Score is saying that BK is anything but complaining, said he is relieved and again steped up and said it just didn't work out here in chicago and it was becuse "I sucked". straight from his mouth.

the only thing i can give him credit for besides blowing every save humanly possible, is that he is one of the most stand up guys in all of sports. he could make any and every excuse, he will tell you he hasn't lived up to what everyone thought he should have been.

I agree, he is a stand up guy. He never ditched the media even when he sucked.

It just kind of stinks that he gets a fresh start on his ERA. I'm sure it will be up there in no time anyway!

Kogs35
06-18-2004, 09:36 AM
The first thing I heard on ESPN1000 when I got in the car this morning was a Sportscenter update. When I heard the trade news my eyes actually welled up with tears of joy. I think one tear even streamed down my face as I frantically grabbed my cell phone to call every Sox fan I know to cheer about the trade. What a great morning. I was still feeling ****ty about the loss this morning...now I say bring on the 'Spos!!!!!!!!! :supernana: :gulp: :supernana: :gulp: :)
i was delayed 5 hours last night and when i got in to ny i and heard the news i couldn't stop saying he gone. yessssssss