PDA

View Full Version : Advantage Of Sox season Tickets

soxwon
06-17-2004, 05:03 PM
a little while back there was a discussion about the benefits of seasons tickets.
i have a 27 game plan, first off i had the option this week of getting sox-cubs tickets.
secondly if you dont use your tickets for games, you can send any unused tix, and you get to pick from a list of future games, they send you tix for those games

thirdly i just sent 4 unused tickets in for 2 games one in august, one in september, they arrived today WITH
1 free parking pass, for each game, thats amazing.
they do care about their fans!

plus if you have upper deck season tickets, you can go anywhere in the park.

its well worth it.

plus ill get first option on playoff tickets.

pinwheels3530
06-17-2004, 05:06 PM
Yep I have the 27 game plan too Upper Deck section 533 row 4 right behind home plate I get to go anywher in the park!!

HomeFish
06-17-2004, 05:09 PM
How much do those cost?

soxwon
06-17-2004, 05:35 PM
im in sec 548 1st row, it cost me $465 for 27 games

pinwheels3530
06-17-2004, 05:38 PM
How much do those cost?
Around $860.00 something like that for two seats 27 games (weedkdays)prettygood deal, basically I got three dollars off every ticket $15 per seat, plus I also purchased the Granto Marketing coupons for weekend games!

kittle42
06-18-2004, 11:48 AM
You can get the entire Sox/Cubs series with the 9-game plan, too. 7th Row, Sect. 161.

SaltyPretzel
06-18-2004, 11:53 AM
secondly if you dont use your tickets for games, you can send any unused tix, and you get to pick from a list of future games, they send you tix for those games
What games are on the list?

havelj
06-18-2004, 01:36 PM
You get 27-game plan in upper deck and access to 100 level? How does that work? Do they allow you because you have the pre-printed season ticket as opposed to the Ticketmaster or day of game printed ticket?

Mickster
06-18-2004, 01:57 PM
You get 27-game plan in upper deck and access to 100 level? How does that work? Do they allow you because you have the pre-printed season ticket as opposed to the Ticketmaster or day of game printed ticket?
Yes.

Iwritecode
06-18-2004, 02:13 PM
i have a 27 game plan, first off i had the option this week of getting sox-cubs tickets.

You can also get extra Sox/Cubs tickets and sell them to your friends on WSI who still need them.

*hint hint* :wink:

zach23
06-18-2004, 02:18 PM
a little while back there was a discussion about the benefits of seasons tickets.

thirdly i just sent 4 unused tickets in for 2 games one in august, one in september, they arrived today WITH

its well worth it.

I have been on a 27 game plan with seats in the bleachers for the past few years. I love it. On top of what you already mentioned, you also get to go to the season ticket holder party towards the end of the year. Free food and drinks in the patio area and you get to roam around the field and play catch.

The only complaint I have is that you only get a guaranteed playoff ticket for the first round. If the Sox were to make it to the ALCS you have to get in line with everyone else. To me, that isn't fair. If I committed to 27 games I should get a crack at an ALCS ticket before someone that may have never gone to a game all year.

Mickster
06-18-2004, 02:40 PM
The only complaint I have is that you only get a guaranteed playoff ticket for the first round. If the Sox were to make it to the ALCS you have to get in line with everyone else. To me, that isn't fair. If I committed to 27 games I should get a crack at an ALCS ticket before someone that may have never gone to a game all year.
Where did you hear this???

dickallen15
06-18-2004, 02:47 PM
With the split season, you get 1 game per round.

BeerHandle
06-18-2004, 03:22 PM

its well worth it.

Did you upgrade your unused tickets or did they put you in the UD? I have some unused tickets form sections 161; however, when I send in to exchange I always get placed in the UD.

zach23
06-18-2004, 03:25 PM

When we put in for our playoff tickets last year that is what we were told by our ticket rep. We told her we would take any tickets anywhere, but she said the policy was we only got the first round and anything after that we had to get on our own. It didn't matter anyway since there were of course no playoffs. Hopefully they change it this year, but we haven't asked yet.

sas1974
06-18-2004, 03:49 PM
When we put in for our playoff tickets last year that is what we were told by our ticket rep. We told her we would take any tickets anywhere, but she said the policy was we only got the first round and anything after that we had to get on our own. It didn't matter anyway since there were of course no playoffs. Hopefully they change it this year, but we haven't asked yet.
I am not sure if the policy you speak is new or not, but I am w/ DA15 on this one. It was one game per round in 2000. I thought that kinda sucked, so I camped out and got some extras at the window anyway. Right behind home plate. Damn Mariners!:angry:

brewcrew/chisox
06-18-2004, 03:56 PM
quote by soxone

"thirdly i just sent 4 unused tickets in for 2 games one in august, one in september, they arrived today WITH
they do care about their fans!"

Do they always give you the parking pass? That's great. I was a bit disappointed with having to mail in the tickets. All you used to have to do was go to the stadium and exchange them. But if they are going to give me a parking pass as well? Well, that's just sweet.
:smile:

BeerHandle
06-18-2004, 04:21 PM
quote by soxone

"thirdly i just sent 4 unused tickets in for 2 games one in august, one in september, they arrived today WITH

Do they always give you the parking pass? That's great. I was a bit disappointed with having to mail in the tickets. All you used to have to do was go to the stadium and exchange them. But if they are going to give me a parking pass as well? Well, that's just sweet.
:smile:
I mailed in 2 unused tickets today in hopes of getting a parking pass. I already have a split season parking pass, but in past years it has gone to waste when I don't use it. I was never allowed to exchange it with my unused tickets. I was planning to go to the park tomorrow to exchange a few tickets, but instead will keep my fingers crossed for a free parking pass.

On a side note, you still can go to the park and exchange your tickets at Gate 4.

Blob
06-18-2004, 04:42 PM
This is true and it stinks! I hope they rethink this!

soxwon
06-18-2004, 06:57 PM
[QUOTE=brewcrew/chisox]quote by soxone

I was shocked to see parking passes, i dont know if theyll give everyone one.
i got lucky i guess!

Blob
06-18-2004, 09:48 PM
[QUOTE=brewcrew/chisox]quote by soxone

I was shocked to see parking passes, i dont know if theyll give everyone one.
i got lucky i guess!
I would imagine if you bought the parking with the tickets they would give you the parking pass as well. If you didn't go to the game then you didn't use the parking pass.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-18-2004, 11:07 PM
i
This is why i love the Sox more than god

pinwheels3530
06-19-2004, 01:50 AM
This is true and it stinks! I hope they rethink this!
No No No, last year if the sox would have made the playoffs, with 27 game plan You were allowed to buy tickets to all the Division home games and tickets to one ALCS home game and one World Series game.

Blob
06-19-2004, 09:06 AM
No No No, last year if the sox would have made the playoffs, with 27 game plan You were allowed to buy tickets to all the Division home games and tickets to one ALCS home game and one World Series game.
You are right! Now I remember. We were allowed to go to one game in the last two series. But as season ticket holders we should still get first crack at all the games!

In 2000 they let us buy tickets for all the games but last year they changed that with the partial season ticket holders.