PDA

View Full Version : J Hood calls out sox fans and new ads

pinwheels3530
06-17-2004, 03:37 PM
J Hood is on the score ripping into the new sox pride ads, saying that sox fans our jealous of all things cubs and he's tired of sox fans hating on the cubs more than them hating their division rivals. Keep in mind J hood is a die hard sox fan, but he doesn't like it when we take jabs at the cubs. He's on the score right now.

P.S. He also said cub fans don't care about the sox, the sox always are worried about the cubs, this coming from a sox fan!!

Rocky Soprano
06-17-2004, 03:40 PM
J Hood can kiss my *** :angry:

If he doesnt like it then tough. The truth is the majority of Sox fans love the new commercials.

Do we worry about the Flubs too much, maybe. Till we get the respect we deserve then lets poke fun at the lovable losers all day!

ode to veeck
06-17-2004, 03:46 PM
I have to say to Jay Hood is "Yuppie Scum Go Home!"

pinwheels3530
06-17-2004, 03:51 PM
He's basically saying that the ad campaigns will back fire. He made a comparison he called the cubs the Marsha of the Brady bunch and the sox were the Jane of the brady bunch with sox fans saying "marsha, marsha, marsha why does she get all the attention"

HebrewHammer
06-17-2004, 03:52 PM
J Hood is on the score ripping into the new sox pride ads, saying that sox fans our jealous of all things cubs and he's tired of sox fans hating on the cubs more than them hating their division rivals. Keep in mind J hood is a die hard sox fan, but he doesn't like it when we take jabs at the cubs. He's on the score right now.

P.S. He also said cub fans don't care about the sox, the sox always are worried about the cubs, this coming from a sox fan!!:woo-woo

Oh yeah, I'm jealous

Flight #24
06-17-2004, 03:59 PM

P.S. He also said cub fans don't care about the sox, the sox always are worried about the cubs, this coming from a sox fan!!
Why is it that no media person seems to get this: The ad isn't tweaking the Cubs - it's tweaking the media-inspired fluff about the Cubs. The whole "lovable loser", no-teeth-Ronnie-Woo is a personality, The Cubs are WS bound, Cubs are loved by all - it's all a bunch of BS.

Sox fans DO take the Cubs seriously. Because if the Cubs and Sox both win, we see Cub coverage drowning Sox coverage. When the sox lose & Cubs win, it's like we barely exist. That pisses off Sox fans, so we root for about the only scenario where we get some actual meaningful media coverage: when the Sox win and Cubs lose. It has little to nothing to do with the Cub team and everything to do with the established media bias.

Rocky Soprano
06-17-2004, 04:00 PM
He's basically saying that the ad campaigns will back fire. He made a comparison he called the cubs the Marsha of the Brady bunch and the sox were the Jane of the brady bunch with sox fans saying "marsha, marsha, marsha why does she get all the attention"
That makes no sense. The reality is the Sox have played way better ball than the Flubs. The media is just mad that alot of fans have called them on the fact they are not fair with their coverage. So here is a commercial for us, the Sox fans and they dont like it one bit.

I bet if we were to win the WS and would celebrate they would have something bad to say about that.

:moron
"The Sox decided not to invite any Cub players to their rally this past weekend. How rude is that? They should of at least invited them to share the stage with them."

MRKARNO
06-17-2004, 04:10 PM
Why is it that no media person seems to get this: The ad isn't tweaking the Cubs - it's tweaking the media-inspired fluff about the Cubs. The whole "lovable loser", no-teeth-Ronnie-Woo is a personality, The Cubs are WS bound, Cubs are loved by all - it's all a bunch of BS.

Sox fans DO take the Cubs seriously. Because if the Cubs and Sox both win, we see Cub coverage drowning Sox coverage. When the sox lose & Cubs win, it's like we barely exist. That pisses off Sox fans, so we root for about the only scenario where we get some actual meaningful media coverage: when the Sox win and Cubs lose. It has little to nothing to do with the Cub team and everything to do with the established media bias.
Totally agree. The Media is unable to comprehend that they have created a lot of this hubbub for the Cubs which makes us upset. This ad takes a dig at that. No mentions to the current players or team really. It's clearly a dig at the media-created hype, but the Mariotti's, Carol Slezaks and the J-Hoods of the world dont want to believe it or accept it.

Fungo
06-17-2004, 04:15 PM
Who in the hell is J-hood & how did he all-of-a sudden become the voice of White Sox fans?

pinwheels3530
06-17-2004, 04:20 PM
Cub fan just called ripping Wrigley Field because it's not family friendly anymore, outrages prices, too many rich people, no disability section ( he has a son with a disability) He went on to praise Comiskey a beautiful ballpark, more room, more affordable tickets,good product on the field and said the sox our going in the right direction that the cubs don't care about the family oriented customer and he will never go back. Finally he said that we in chicago are vary lucky to have to baseball teams and it gives us the chance to choose.

Shoeless Joe
06-17-2004, 04:21 PM
I don't normally comment on Sox/Cubs issues but this always makes me go crazy because it's a textbook definition of a double standard. To say that Cubs fans never worry about the Sox is insanity, why the hell do Cubs fans always come to our park with their Cubs gear on rooting against us. How many times do you, as Sox's fans, take crap from Cubs fans whether at work, school, or out in public because you're a Sox fan. I'm guessing a ton. But the media will never portray it that way because of stereotypes.

This is just like the movie They Live, the whole world is blind to the truth, and we as Sox fans have to put on those sunglasses and expose it.

Rocky Soprano
06-17-2004, 04:23 PM
I don't normally comment on Sox/Cubs issues but this always makes me go crazy because it's a textbook definition of a double standard. To say that Cubs fans never worry about the Sox is insanity, why the hell do Cubs fans always come to our park with their Cubs gear on rooting against us. How many times do you, as Sox's fans, take crap from Cubs fans whether at work, school, or out in public because you're a Sox fan. I'm guessing a ton. But the media will never portray it that way because of stereotypes.

This is just like the movie They Live, the whole world is blind to the truth, and we as Sox fans have to put on those sunglasses and expose it.

AMEN!

Great Post.

SaltyPretzel
06-17-2004, 04:29 PM
I guess that's why Billy Corgan played a song called "Black Sox" ripping on the Sox when they blew up the Bartman ball. Yeah, they're totally indifferent. :?:

Hondo
06-17-2004, 04:33 PM
Are they still on this??
What's the number to the score??

I can only speak for myself and this is what I feel.

I grew up on the southside and it was understood that where I lived and the park I went to see my baseball team play was dangerous. While Wrigley Field and the surronding neighborhood is like the Shed Aquariam or the Muesuem of Science and Industry, a place for tourists to go. That gives you an inferiorty complex, justified or not. When you're proud of where you come from but everyone else thinks you live in a slum gets under your skin. It's so condesending.
Listen I try not to get too excited about things dealing with the rivalry but it's just the fact that the media perpetuates fallacies and I as someone who is a Sox fan and former South Sider has to try and tear them down when confronted.

I honestly think it comes down to the fact most in the meida don't really know baseball therefore they relate to the other team and it's fans more. We come across as sardonic, self loathing, miserable bastards.

I know I am but at least I know baseball!!!:D:

TommyJohn
06-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Are they still on this??
We come across as sardonic, self loathing, miserable bastards. I resemble that remark!!:D: :D: :D:

I just knew that the media would jump down the throats of the Sox and Sox
fans over this one. I JUST KNEW IT!!!

Of course, predicting the Chicago media's reaction to the ad (Mariotti's, in
particular) reminds me of the old Woody Allen line about Aristonides, the
16th century prophet who once made the stunningly accurate prediction
that "two nations will go to war, but only one will win."

jackbrohamer
06-17-2004, 04:42 PM
Who in the hell is J-hood & how did he all-of-a sudden become the voice of White Sox fans?
Seriously, I never even heard of the guy until I saw this thread.

Dan1972
06-17-2004, 04:47 PM
J Hood had said this junk before. I vividly remember him saying something to the effect that Cub Fan's don't worry about the Sox, but talk about stuff like who is starting tomorrow.

Right J Hood, why don't you come down to my job where I get non stop crap because they know I am a Sox fan. Tell me they don't talk bad about the Sox.

How about the time last year when I was walking around Irish Fest in Milwaukee with my Sox hat on. A guy came up to me and said "The Sox Suck!" This was when they were in first place by the way.

J Hood is a tool. He is an expert of nothing. For a while he tried to do a wrestling show on the score and called himself an expert. It was laughable. He knew next to nothing about something he called himself an expert at...so I'm supposed to believe what he says when he talks about anything else ?!

He is a joke. Plain and simple.

woodenleg
06-17-2004, 04:55 PM
I guess that's why Billy Corgan played a song called "Black Sox" ripping on the Sox when they blew up the Bartman ball. Yeah, they're totally indifferent. :?:
Why do they keep pretending that this commercial has nothing to do with

1) Sox vs. Cubs coming up

2) that idiotic northside vs. southside animation

The thing is a very, very obvious retort to that animation. John Carney did us all a favor by betraying the truth. So did chicagosports.com by printing pages of idiotic comments.

petekat
06-17-2004, 05:15 PM
Speaking of idiotic posts on Chicago sports.com, saw this:

2. Thanks dad for taking me to my first ever baseball game at Old Comisky when I was four. Thanks for not being the typical Sox fan. They lost, the team wasnt good, but you knew it was about more than how good the team was & took me anyway and, I'll never forget it.
Submitted by: SonOfaTrueFan
3:13 PM CDT, Jun 17, 2004

So naturally, I had to respond with this:

5. thanks pop for my first game- a Cubs game at WRigley. Thanks for not being like the typical Cub fan- you actually cared that the team showed the proper respect and played the game right- (not how well they looked)- and taught me lessons on what to look for, so that i could be more knowledgeable
Submitted by: grateful
4:18 PM CDT, Jun 17, 2004

Why do they keep pretending that this commercial has nothing to do with

1) Sox vs. Cubs coming up

2) that idiotic northside vs. southside animation

The thing is a very, very obvious retort to that animation. John Carney did us all a favor by betraying the truth. So did chicagosports.com by printing pages of idiotic comments.

maurice
06-17-2004, 05:19 PM
J Hood is on the score . . . .
J Who? This guy is ****ing clown shoes.

TaylorStSox
06-17-2004, 05:19 PM
I completely agree with Hood. The ad is effective and funny. However, people are taking it way too far.

He's right though. Sox fans do worry about the Cubs too much. God, I yearn for the day that I don't have to hear about the Cubs or their fans on this website.

Maybe I have an advantage because I live south of the Loop. Most baseball fans here are Sox fans. The vast majority of the hats I see on the L are Sox hats. I really just don't get it. I don't.

Hondo
06-17-2004, 05:21 PM
J Who? This guy is ****ing clown shoes.
LOL!!
Help me out I can't remember what that's from.

Hondo
06-17-2004, 05:22 PM
I completely agree with Hood. The ad is effective and funny. However, people are taking it way too far.

He's right though. Sox fans do worry about the Cubs too much. God, I yearn for the day that I don't have to hear about the Cubs or their fans on this website.

Maybe I have an advantage because I live south of the Loop. Most baseball fans here are Sox fans. The vast majority of the hats I see on the L are Sox hats. I really just don't get it. I don't.
I could handle it until I moved to NE Indiana where everyone is a fan of the north side team and I get ripped all the time for being a Sox fan.

maurice
06-17-2004, 05:25 PM
Help me out I can't remember what that's from.
It was a post on "MovePoopShoot.com" re. "Bluntman & Chronic, The Movie."

Hondo
06-17-2004, 05:26 PM
It was a post on "MovePoopShoot.com" re. "Bluntman & Chronic, The Movie."
That's right!!!

"Hey Affleck, you were the bomb in 'Phantoms' yo!!!"

doublem23
06-17-2004, 05:37 PM
More free advertising... Thanks, J-Hood... Idiot.

MRKARNO
06-17-2004, 05:43 PM
This advertising campaign was a work of genius. It brought Sox fans together at face value by making fun of the team they hate most and brought and it brought more attention to the team by all of the people who keep ranting and raving. It's a win-win situation.

TaylorStSox
06-17-2004, 05:45 PM

What's the point in bashing a self proclaimed Sox fan because his opinion differs from you?

dpbyron
06-17-2004, 06:04 PM
J Hood can kiss my *** :angry:

If he doesnt like it then tough. The truth is the majority of Sox fans love the new commercials.

Do we worry about the Flubs too much, maybe. Till we get the respect we deserve then lets poke fun at the lovable losers all day!
J Hood sucks. :angry: :angry: :angry:

elrod
06-17-2004, 06:50 PM
At this point I hate the Twins more than the Cubs. The team, that is. The way they pull out BS wins and have a better record than they play. That said, I hate Cubs FANS more than any other team's fans. Completely worthless poseurs, Cub fans are a disgrace to baseball. At least those yahoo yuppie frat boys who show up to Wrigley most of the time (there are real Cub fans out there and I respect them). I used to hate Yankee fans the most when I lived in DC. But without those jaggofffs infesting the Midwest I don't think about them much.

SOXSINCE'70
06-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Jonathon (I refuse to call him "J") Hood is a hypocrite,just like "Hot Dog" Mike North is.Bandwagon jumpers,all of 'em!!I don't even know how much I can trust Dan Bernstein,and HE'S supposed to be a Sox fan as well!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

nasox
06-17-2004, 07:37 PM
All I know is that he is on the Score and therefore is a moron.

poorme
06-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Hood = Ass-wipe.

ChiSox14305635
06-17-2004, 08:49 PM
Normally I like Hood, but I hate it how when he wants to discuss Sox talk, and Sox fans aren't flooding the lines to his liking, he starts his whole "Well fine, I guess we'll discuss more Cubs talk". Just because Sox fans don't feel the need to call right after the game like Cub fans do doesn't mean they're not focused in on their team. For him to be such a die-hard fan, he's always damn critical of them when I listen, unless he's speaking to Aaron Rowand.

Brian26
06-17-2004, 09:19 PM
Make sense of it all for me.

Soxfest
06-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Why would anyone care about a wanna be opinion on a show no one listens to. The next time he puts 2 sentences together it will be a first, the idiot pauses 4 seconds in between each sentence he speaks and sounds stupid.

TornLabrum
06-17-2004, 10:22 PM
Normally I like Hood, but I hate it how when he wants to discuss Sox talk, and Sox fans aren't flooding the lines to his liking, he starts his whole "Well fine, I guess we'll discuss more Cubs talk". Just because Sox fans don't feel the need to call right after the game like Cub fans do doesn't mean they're not focused in on their team. For him to be such a die-hard fan, he's always damn critical of them when I listen, unless he's speaking to Aaron Rowand.
Why would Sox fans call Hood on The Score after a game when they have a Sox fan like Dave Wills who knows what the **** he's talking about?

ChiSox14305635
06-17-2004, 10:56 PM
Why would Sox fans call Hood on The Score after a game when they have a Sox fan like Dave Wills who knows what the **** he's talking about?

I miss Swieca. She was the last true Sox fan (possibly Bernsie) on the Score.

jordan23ventura
06-17-2004, 11:02 PM

Umm, I give crap to every Cub fan I know. The funny thing is that every Cub fan walking toward Comiskey on 35th has to hear that guy with the drums: "Cubs Suck!"

Viva Magglio
06-17-2004, 11:09 PM
On my drive to my night job tonight, Hood and Hanley had callers who happened to be Cub fans making their own "Them vs. Us" punch lines ripping the Sox. And, naturally, they were both laughing like the little girls they are at them. Only about 1 hours earlier, Hood was saying Cub fans weren't preoccupied with the Sox. Then, he's having Cub fan callers make fun of us. If Cub fans want to make fun of us, that is fair (we sure as hell make fun of them, don't we?). However, for Hood to be that hypocritical is pathetic.

There are some in the media whom I like (i.e., Les Grobstein, Bill Jauss, Toni Ginnetti, and some others), but most of the rest of them can kiss my arse!

Once again, we are being ripped by the Omnipotent Media because we had the effrontery to take a potshot at "Holy Mother Cubbiedom." It's okay if anyone tears us a new one 24/7, but this g**damn media is so intolerant of any criticism of any kind of their beloved Cubbiedom!

Thunderstruck30
06-18-2004, 12:26 AM
How come Red Sox fans can chant "YANKEES SUCK!!" and have complete joy over the Yankees losing and they are such great, die hard fans, but when we do the same towards the Cubs, we are just whiny fans who care too much about the Cubs?

pinwheels3530
06-18-2004, 02:34 AM
I've met J Hood he's a cool guy, he's also a die hard Sox fan he just doesn't agree with most sox fans on bashing the cubs that's just his choice. I've seen him last Tuesday at the game rooting for the sox over Philly. I like to bash on the cubs too, but sometimes I choose not to care about them I am worried about the teams we have to beat. I didn't agree with what he said today, but hey not all sox fans think alike!!:rolleyes:

owensmouth
06-18-2004, 03:28 AM
How come Red Sox fans can chant "YANKEES SUCK!!" and have complete joy over the Yankees losing and they are such great, die hard fans, but when we do the same towards the Cubs, we are just whiny fans who care too much about the Cubs?
Possibly because the Yankees and the Red Sox are in the same division?

SSN721
06-18-2004, 07:09 AM
Possibly because the Yankees and the Red Sox are in the same division?

Good point. I hate the Cubs an awful lot, but I also wouldnt mind some commercials that pick apart our opponents in the division. Or at least some kind of anti-Twins ad campaign. I think most Sox fans could really get into that and it coiuld heighten an already heated rivalry. I disagree with Jay Hood and he definitely sounds hypocritical by taking Cub fan calls later ripping on the SOx. And for him to say that Cub fans dont care is absolute crap. I would say when you talk to someone and you know they are a fan of one team and you the other it at the very least is equal jabs at both teams. My mothers friend used to leave test messages everytime the Cubs would win in the playoffs last year, my mothers side of the family are all Cub fans and would slam the Sox mercilessly. SO I dont even want to hear that crap.

SOXSINCE'70
06-18-2004, 07:16 AM
The best way to describe Hood would be a word Wills
uses regularly when refering to a jerk:
"DRILLROD" !!!!

I'll take Wills over Hood anyday!!:gulp: :gulp:

Blob
06-18-2004, 09:57 AM
I said this before and I'll say it again. If you go to the Cell and look around, there are an awful lot of Scrub jerseys and floppy hats walking around. I don't go to Squiglleyville so I don't know how many Sox fans really go but I'm sure it's not half as many.

And it seems when the Scrubbies are winning them come out in full force! I tihkn they are there just ot aggravate me and Zach at times!

Gammons Peter
06-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Just think how pathetic our attendance would be without all the cub (and opposing teams fans)

Frankfan4life
06-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Jonathon (I refuse to call him "J") Hood is a hypocrite,just like "Hot Dog" Mike North is.Bandwagon jumpers,all of 'em!!I don't even know how much I can trust Dan Bernstein,and HE'S supposed to be a Sox fan as well!! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:
I agree. These guys do more Sox-bashing than Sox-praising. They don't show me any enthusiam about being a Sox fan. They act as if they really feel like they picked the wrong team to root for and seem stuck with their decision. I heard J Hood take a call from a cubfan who started his opinion by saying something negative about the Sox and J Hood just let him get away with it. Then I heard him give a Sox fan a hard time for stating his opinion. This is the norm as far as these guys are concerned.

If they can't find a positive story about the Sox that involves the fans or something other than a White Sox win, I wish they would just be honest and go on over to the dark side and quit pretending to be Sox fans.

The truth is, cubfans don't have to bash the Sox because the media does it for them.

CanOfCorn
06-18-2004, 12:08 PM
Umm, I give crap to every Cub fan I know. The funny thing is that every Cub fan walking toward Comiskey on 35th has to hear that guy with the drums: "Cubs Suck!"

Don't hold me to this, but I think I've seen that guy outside Wrigley doing the same thing towards the Sox. Either that, or somebody with a setup and voice similar to him.

What a sell-out.

pinwheels3530
06-18-2004, 01:11 PM
Don't hold me to this, but I think I've seen that guy outside Wrigley doing the same thing towards the Sox. Either that, or somebody with a setup and voice similar to him.

What a sell-out.
Yep same guy!!

Dan H
06-18-2004, 03:07 PM
Sox fan bashing on the Score? Why am I not surprised? And who cares if they don't like the commericials? The commericials weren't aimed at talk show radio hosts.

If the commercials are bashing the Cubs, let's have more. I have no problem bashing that Disneyland on the North Side.

Kogs35
06-18-2004, 03:15 PM
the score people and the rest of the media cant understand that the sox are actually doing some type of marketing

Frankfan4life
06-18-2004, 10:09 PM
I miss Swieca. She was the last true Sox fan (possibly Bernsie) on the Score.I miss her too. She wouldn't let callers bash the other team. She was fair to both teams.

mjmcend
06-18-2004, 11:35 PM

Wow, way to bring Rowdy Rowdy Piper into the Cubs/Sox debate.

MrRoboto83
06-18-2004, 11:54 PM
J Hood lost my respect long ago, he is a closented Cubs fan, he wants to be cool cool with all the hipster flub fans, the cubs are cool he wants to be a part of that. I dont listen to the score no more and will never again if the media doesnt wasnt to give the sox the time and respect we deserve, then i choose to not support the station or any of their advertisements. except for beer of coarse. By the way this is my first posting to this site, expect my two cents on much more!!

Daver
06-19-2004, 12:03 AM
J Hood lost my respect long ago, he is a closented Cubs fan, he wants to be cool cool with all the hipster flub fans, the cubs are cool he wants to be a part of that. I dont listen to the score no more and will never again if the media doesnt wasnt to give the sox the time and respect we deserve, then i choose to not support the station or any of their advertisements. except for beer of coarse. By the way this is my first posting to this site, expect my two cents on much more!!

Hey welcome aboard! :redneck

TornLabrum
06-19-2004, 08:44 AM
I miss her too. She wouldn't let callers bash the other team. She was fair to both teams.
She also was Jerry Manuel's staunchest defender on The Score, which shows she is just as knowledgeable as the other yahoos there.

Frankfan4life
06-19-2004, 10:47 AM
She also was Jerry Manuel's staunchest defender on The Score, which shows she is just as knowledgeable as the other yahoos there.OK. That might have been her opinion at the time. But, she wasn't taking digs at the Sox and their fans. She tried to keep the conversations positive and give some semblance of balance to the discussions. The current hosts delight in bashing the Sox and their fans while praising the Cubs and their fans. Then they wonder why Sox fans are in a bad mood when they call.

Philo-Sox-er
06-19-2004, 11:52 AM
I started a new thread: White Sox fans critiquing the Cubs, as a related topic to this one. I did this because I wanted to keep the specifics of J-Hood's comments and the Score separate. I hope you check out the new thread.

TornLabrum
06-19-2004, 12:10 PM
OK. That might have been her opinion at the time. But, she wasn't taking digs at the Sox and their fans. She tried to keep the conversations positive and give some semblance of balance to the discussions. The current hosts delight in bashing the Sox and their fans while praising the Cubs and their fans. Then they wonder why Sox fans are in a bad mood when they call.
I can agree with you about everything about what you said. The one exception regarding Swieca in your comments thought regarded Manuel. If you wanted to see anyone get bashed fast and with no mercy, it was people who called in and criticized Manuel (and no, I only called her show once, and it didn't regard Manuel).

viagracat
06-19-2004, 12:31 PM
I wrote this to the Cubune's sports page in response to the letters from Cub fans printed Saturday reminding us --hold your breath now--that the Cubs are more popular than the Sox in Chicago. Since I don't expect it to be printed, here it is for you all:

"You guys just couldn't help yourselves, could you? You printed three letters from gloating Cub fans on June 19 gleefully reminding us, as if we didn't already know and as if they actually had something to do with it, that the Cubs are more popular than the White Sox. Oh, and not only in Chicago, but nationwide.

Apparently, the source of this latest fit of pique was the recent ad campaign playfully comparing the franchises. I guess Cub fans are so thin-skinned that they cannot handle even the lightest, good-natured digs at their beloved Cubbies. Throw in a few reminders about the neighborhoods they play in as well as the pugilistic reputation of Sox fans, and listen to the "tee-hees" in Wrigleyville watering holes.

I realize that there are some unfortunate individuals who were indoctrinated in Cubdom from the cradle and therefore don't know any better, but that doesn't pertain to the 80 percent of the people who cram Wrigley Field every day who can better be described as hangers-on and Johnnys-come-lately than as true Cub fans. They're probably the ones also doing most of the whining right now. I can understand that; there must be either some deep-seeded doubts or self-loathing among people who worship a franchise that takes pride in being called "lovable losers", blames goats, black cats and innocent fans for its perpetual failures and glow in the "cuteness" of the franchise as opposed to actually winning games; particularly if they made a conscious choice to do so.

As far as media coverage goes, if the Sox somehow get to the World Series this year and the Cubs fade, I can guarantee you that you will receive many letters from cranky Cub fans complaining about all ink the Sox would have to get. We Sox fans have to deal with the polar opposite of that; having the Cubs shoved down our throats, all year round, no matter what the standings are.

I hope the Sox put the Cubs out of their misery for another season in the upcoming six games between them, but I don't expect anything to change even if that occurs.

In the meantime, fellow Sox fans, go to the Cell and watch some quality baseball. They're a good story this year, even if most of Chicagoland isn't paying attention."

StepsInSC
06-19-2004, 12:41 PM
They're also not in the same town. It can be carried over to a Boston versus New York theme as well...

Frankfan4life
06-19-2004, 01:16 PM
I can agree with you about everything about what you said. The one exception regarding Swieca in your comments thought regarded Manuel. If you wanted to see anyone get bashed fast and with no mercy, it was people who called in and criticized Manuel (and no, I only called her show once, and it didn't regard Manuel).Sounds like she might have been secretly in love with Manuel or something. :o: Otherwise I can't figure out why she would do that. Well, that brings her down a few rungs on the ladder.

ChiSoxBobette
06-20-2004, 09:17 AM

I love it when these horses a.s.s.e.s. rip on the White Sox , epecially now about this ad that we have going -Which I Think Is Great, but tell everyone they're White Sox fans. I have'nt heard one of these guys - White Sox Fans, on the radio even say anything positive about the White Sox. People rip on Dave Wills for being a homer so what. With the media coverage in this city the way it is I love it when Dave roots for our guys whether they're playing good or bad. As far as your PS that only go's to show you that this j hood dork is a scrub fan. I'm a die hard White Sox fan and I can careless what those panzies in thier cuty pie babyblue uniforms are doing. If JR listens and watches the sports shows it should be enough for him to start his own TV/Radio ouytlet for the White Sox only, as it was in the past. Also as far as the Us vs Them commercial the scrubs don't need to attack us when they have every radio & TV outlet in Chicago covering them, What this Burke guy has done is take a page out of Bill Veeck way of promoting his teams, maybe someone should tell the j hoods of the sporting media to read Mr. Veeck's book. As far as j hood being a Sox fan - HA,Ha,Ha what a joke.

Sox Pride
Its About Us
GO WHITE SOX!

personally I Think This j hood moron is a scrub - :dtroll: