PDA

View Full Version : Help, please recommend a good baseball magazine

na_na_na_na
06-17-2004, 03:06 PM
I want to subscribe to a baseball magazine. I'm not looking for something with breakdowns of the games, but for something with articles about history, players, prospects, ect.

Can anyone recommend one?

Dadawg_77
06-17-2004, 03:10 PM
I want to subscribe to a baseball magazine. I'm not looking for something with breakdowns of the games, but for something with articles about history, players, prospects, ect.

Prospects would be Baseball America.

na_na_na_na
06-17-2004, 03:14 PM
Looking for one that encompasses all these aspects not just one. Or the one that comes the closest.

Niagara
06-18-2004, 10:30 PM
I recommend and subscribe to USA Today Sports Weekly. They only cover baseball and football.

Baseball America is a bore, unless you're into how the East BFE Coondawgs did in Class A ball and who the best middle school players are that might play in the majors in 15 years.

Sports Illustrated is a waste of paper, as is ESPN Magazine.

BigEdWalsh
06-19-2004, 08:20 AM
Years ago the Sporting News was great for a baseball fan. I'm not sure anymore. I haven't seen one in a long time. But I know that over the years they began to branch out and cover all sports (that's when they lost me a subscriber). Back in the day, it was only a baseball rag and great because they covered every game, every team and pretty extensive minor league coverage.
I dunno, you might wanna check it out.

Niagara
06-19-2004, 10:46 AM
The Sporting News is a joke. They try to cover baseball, football, hockey and basketball, as well as college football and basketball, and don't do that good a job at anything.

I remember the old days, when I subscribed to the "Bible of Baseball" and the Sporting News was 100% baseball 52 weeks a year. Since the Spink family sold it, it's turned to half-assed crap.

As far as I have found, USA Today Sports Weekly is the closest thing on the market today to the old Sporting News. Plus they cover the NFL.

DrCrawdad
06-19-2004, 11:29 AM

:tongue:

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/chc/images/fan_forum/vineline_288x87.gif

na_na_na_na
06-21-2004, 05:03 PM
I was hoping for major league baseball!