PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6/17/04

Hangar18
06-17-2004, 08:31 AM
Was it me......did the SOX not even get a game story in the Cub-Times today?
There was a Story about Lees 28 game streak, and the Sox Notes story. weird
Murphs Cub Zoo this morning in full effect per usual. They started at 5:30 and
as of 7:30 this morning .......sox have gotten 20 minutes of Talk. Other team....... lets just say 1 hour 40 minutes of Other team talk isnt the way I like to get my mornings started
Cubune:
3 cub story
3 sox story
Cub-Times:
4 cub stories
2 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training.......Commanding 300 story lead ......
CUBS 953
SOX 645

DaveIsHere
06-17-2004, 08:38 AM
I hear you, though they did do a long 30 second bit on possible trade talks for the Sox

Hangar18
06-17-2004, 08:39 AM
5:30am - 5:45am Maddux is great, he is awesome, soundbites
5:45am - 5:50am Carlos Lee hitting streak stops
5:50am - 6:00am Soundbites of Flub Game/HiLites
6:00am - 7:00am Murph says wants to talk SOX, but 1st, something bothered him about FLub game last nite, prompting 1 whole hour of talk about Alou
7:00am - 7:20am Talked SOX, and possible Trade Rumors, and Pauly at 1B
7:25am - Talking Bears

Railsplitter
06-17-2004, 08:55 AM
From what I see here, I'm not misssing much when it comes to the Snore, I mean Score. :D:

Brian26
06-17-2004, 09:27 AM
Murphs Cub Zoo this morning in full effect per usual. They started at 5:30 and
as of 7:30 this morning .......sox have gotten 20 minutes of Talk.

And WHY in the HELL does Murph want to talk about the Bears at 7:30 am? That's just insane.

Hangar18
06-17-2004, 09:32 AM
5:30am - 5:45am Maddux is great, he is awesome, soundbites
5:45am - 5:50am Carlos Lee hitting streak stops
5:50am - 6:00am Soundbites of Flub Game/HiLites
6:00am - 7:00am Murph says wants to talk SOX, but 1st, something bothered him about FLub game last nite, prompting 1 whole hour of talk about Alou
7:00am - 7:20am Talked SOX, and possible Trade Rumors, and Pauly at 1B
7:25am - Talking Bears7:25am - 7:45am Talked Bears
7:45am - 8:00am Talked about Sammy coming back to CUBs
8:00am- 8:15am Talked to SubwaySandwich Marketers about sandwiches
8:15am - 8:30am Talked BULLS
8:40am - 8:50am Talked SOX BASEBALL, wow.
9:00am - 9:20am Talked to Jimmy Piersall.....about CUBS of course. Murph
asked him BEFORE he got on the air this time (not like last week) to talk about
Maddux, Patterson, Zambrano, Grudzielanek, Iowa farm teams, Walker, and Dusty calling for Bunts. Ridiculous. so far...only 30 minutes of SOXTALK. 3 Hours of Cub Talk so far.......

Dick Allen
06-17-2004, 09:36 AM
You keep forgetting to include the commercial blocks in your log, which is half the show, which is the main reason I don't listen anymore.

Viva Magglio
06-17-2004, 09:37 AM
And WHY in the HELL does Murph want to talk about the Bears at 7:30 am? That's just insane.
Because in the local sports media's world, the Bears are the center of the universe as they have been since 1985. Even the drillrod media's beloved Flubbies are a moon in orbit around the Bears planet.

Viva Magglio
06-17-2004, 09:38 AM
You keep forgetting to include the commercial blocks in your log, which is half the show, which is the main reason I don't listen anymore.
And Fred's "Scores on the 4's," which is the most airtime our Sox fan gets.

Brian26
06-17-2004, 09:49 AM
And Fred's "Scores on the 4's," which is the most airtime our Sox fan gets.

It's seriously unlistenable (is that a word?). I cannot stand the station.

bennyw41
06-17-2004, 09:57 AM
Anyone remember in the Movie Private Parts where they talk about how the average Stern hater listens twice as much as the average lover. I think you are just fueling your hatred, and not to mention, fueling their ratings. If you can't stand them Hangar, why listen? Its so aggravating to listen to you complain about the same thing over....and over.....and over....

(I'm waiting for the expected..."well, if you don't like it, don't read the thread", and thats my point!!!)

pssondacubs
06-17-2004, 10:44 AM
Hey Benny, Why don't you give out your home phone number so that we can call you and ask you what we can talk about today. You can decide what we can eat, drink, and think the rest of the day. We'll just call you every morning about 5:00am before work and you fill us in on how we should live our lives. Go start your own thread about what bothers you. Because I for one appreciate Hangar and what he's doing the help the Sox World..... C'Ya.

HebrewHammer
06-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Hey Benny, Why don't you give out your home phone number so that we can call you and ask you what we can talk about today. You can decide what we can eat, drink, and think the rest of the day. We'll just call you every morning about 5:00am before work and you fill us in on how we should live our lives. Go start your own thread about what bothers you. Because I for one appreciate Hangar and what he's doing the help the Sox World..... C'Ya.I too appreciate what Hangar's doing, but we all know Murphy is is ScRubs shill, I stopped listened to it years ago and I agree with Benny, I don't think he was really telling anyone what to do, just making a valid point, personally I'd love to see Murphy and his Flubbie-hype machine off the air forever, the best way to do that is to just stop listening.

maurice
06-17-2004, 02:37 PM
Fred showed his true (blue) colors again this morning when he didn't know what the Fan Deck was called.

Murph surmised that Maggs could walk around the concourse with his sunglasses on and not be recognized, though Fred wisely disagreed.

bennyw41
06-17-2004, 04:06 PM
Hey Benny, Why don't you give out your home phone number so that we can call you and ask you what we can talk about today. You can decide what we can eat, drink, and think the rest of the day. We'll just call you every morning about 5:00am before work and you fill us in on how we should live our lives. Go start your own thread about what bothers you. Because I for one appreciate Hangar and what he's doing the help the Sox World..... C'Ya.Piss on you. I'll save you the trouble of calling me at 5 in the morning, because if you want to know what bothers me, the answer is YOU. Try using context to back you're argument you heathen. Why don't you give me your home address so I can fill your bathtub with razor blades. I didn't say anything along the lines of what you are accusing me of.

I too appreciate what Hangar's doing, but we all know Murphy is is ScRubs shill, I stopped listened to it years ago and I agree with Benny, I don't think he was really telling anyone what to do, just making a valid point, personally I'd love to see Murphy and his Flubbie-hype machine off the air forever, the best way to do that is to just stop listening.Thank you HH, that's all I was trying to say. :smile:

munchman33
06-17-2004, 04:21 PM
Piss on you. I'll save you the trouble of calling me at 5 in the morning, because if you want to know what bothers me, the answer is YOU. Try using context to back you're argument you heathen. Why don't you give me your home address so I can fill your bathtub with razor blades. I didn't say anything along the lines of what you are accusing me of.

Whoa dude, CHILLAX! Seriously though, when I read it I took it that way too. Maybe you should be more reserved when you tear into someone, especially someone as well liked as Hangar.

SSN721
06-17-2004, 04:28 PM
Whoa dude, CHILLAX! Seriously though, when I read it I took it that way too. Maybe you should be more reserved when you tear into someone, especially someone as well liked as Hangar.

I dont think Benny was really tearing into Hangar. To me it looked like he was putting a semi humorous spin on what he wanted to say. I will also admit that sometimes I think Hangar does go a little overboard, and is a bit obsessed with it in my eye. BUt I still appreciate the effort he puts into it. It is nice to know how slanted it is. I see where benny is coming from because Murph is just so full of dung that it boggles my mind how Hangar can listen to it every morning and it would probably be better for everyones temper to not listen becuase we all might possibly want to slam our heads in the wall and throw our radios out the window. :D:

Baby Fisk
06-17-2004, 04:36 PM
Why don't you give me your home address so I can fill your bathtub with razor blades.
I'm just sitting here thinking how violent americans are. :o:

But I agree with benny's point re. people dumping garbage on him for dumping garbage on hangar's threads that dump garbage on the media bias in Chicago. Oh the irony! :cool:

habibharu
06-17-2004, 04:52 PM
i think that hangars media threads are gettin old. if you listen to the score throughout the day, you will see that both teams get equal coverage, especially during hood's dual post game shows. it is not his fault if there are like 2 sox callers and 20 flub callers. stop obsessing about the media!

Frater Perdurabo
06-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I'm just sitting here thinking how violent americans are. :o:

But I agree with benny's point re. people dumping garbage on him for dumping garbage on hangar's threads that dump garbage on the media bias in Chicago. Oh the irony! :cool:

The air is thick with irony indeed.

habibharu
06-17-2004, 04:56 PM
Hey Benny, Why don't you give out your home phone number so that we can call you and ask you what we can talk about today. You can decide what we can eat, drink, and think the rest of the day. We'll just call you every morning about 5:00am before work and you fill us in on how we should live our lives. Go start your own thread about what bothers you. Because I for one appreciate Hangar and what he's doing the help the Sox World..... C'Ya. how does criticizing the media help the sox. it just fuels the arguement that all sox fans do is bitch about the media and their coverage of the flubs. why cant we just enjoy the exciting ball club that we have and not worry about the god damn media!

HomerCoach
06-17-2004, 05:00 PM
how does criticizing the media help the sox. it just fuels the arguement that all sox fans do is bitch about the media and their coverage of the flubs. why cant we just enjoy the exciting ball club that we have and not worry about the god damn media!
Media coverage sells tickets and TV/Radio contracts...higher payroll and better teams.

bennyw41
06-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the support of many. I wasn't tearing into anyone except for pss, who called me out. SECONDLY, Hangar may have a lot of fans, but doesn't this conversation happen EVERY DAY? I'm just wondering who else feels my way, not ripping or tearing. I think that the Mods should put this thread in the parking lot, because its never about the White Sox, its always about the Cubs. Just seems like beating a dead horse.

pinwheels3530
06-17-2004, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the support of many. I wasn't tearing into anyone except for pss, who called me out. SECONDLY, Hangar may have a lot of fans, but doesn't this conversation happen EVERY DAY? I'm just wondering who else feels my way, not ripping or tearing. I think that the Mods should put this thread in the parking lot, because its never about the White Sox, its always about the Cubs. Just seems like beating a dead horse.

Agreed!!!!!

hose
06-17-2004, 05:39 PM
Hangar has diplomatic immunity, he is virtually unstoppable.

maurice
06-17-2004, 06:13 PM
:whiner:

It's too much trouble to just refrain from clicking any thread entitled "Chicago NewsMedia Watch . . . ."

And you guys think Hangar is the one with a persecution complex?

TaylorStSox
06-17-2004, 06:42 PM
:whiner:

It's too much trouble to just refrain from clicking any thread entitled "Chicago NewsMedia Watch . . . ."

And you guys think Hangar is the one with a persecution complex?

I think it'd be different if he ever contributed to threads about the actual game on the field. Honestly, I don't recall him saying much of anything positive regarding the team. It's all about media/management bashing. (ie. the "cubune" sucks, "cub times" sucks, JR sucks, etc) Occasionally, he'll complain. I recall a particular thread about how much Mike Jackson sucks.

steff
06-17-2004, 06:49 PM
Hey Benny, Why don't you give out your home phone number so that we can call you and ask you what we can talk about today. You can decide what we can eat, drink, and think the rest of the day. We'll just call you every morning about 5:00am before work and you fill us in on how we should live our lives. Go start your own thread about what bothers you. Because I for one appreciate Hangar and what he's doing the help the Sox World..... C'Ya.

Yea.. that was real necessary, eh?

I don't like Henry's reporting either, and it's my God given right, as well as anyone elses here, to complain about it.

steff
06-17-2004, 06:50 PM
I don't really like him all that much.... :wink:

steff
06-17-2004, 06:53 PM

Lord knows I've tried many times... :whistle:

bennyw41
06-17-2004, 08:52 PM
That doesn't make much sense.

pssondacubs
06-17-2004, 10:33 PM
I don't like Henry's reporting either, and it's my God given right, as well as anyone elses here, to complain about it.Then I would assume Hangar pleads his God Given Right, and I do too. AMEN.

Razor blades in the bathtub? I think we located Osama!!!

hose
06-17-2004, 10:50 PM
That doesn't make much sense.
Hangar is a good guy , if his threads bother you then use the ignore botton.

bennyw41
06-18-2004, 09:36 AM
Then I would assume Hangar pleads his God Given Right, and I do too. AMEN.

Razor blades in the bathtub? I think we located Osama!!!
Osama? Please. You sir, are a :dtroll:

Hangar18
06-21-2004, 10:51 AM
For the whole weekend, SOX took a Major Beating, ON the field, and in the Media .........
Cubune: fri/sat/sun/mon
18 cub stories
12 sox stories
Cub-Times:fri/sat/sun/mon
12 cub stories
11 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training...........
CUBS 983
SOX 666

Hangar18
06-21-2004, 10:57 AM
7am - 8am Murph broke down the cub victory from saturday/sunday, Baited callers to talk cub. Murph at 7 said dont worry, they'll talk SOX, but talked for 30seconds about SOX losing 2 of 3 to Expos
8am - 8:30am Murph had Morandini call in and talk about the Cubs. Played a soundbite for him, 2nd time, from Sat game cub win on saturday
8:30 - 8:45am Talked SOX with a reporter
8:45 - 9am Talked Cub again with fans, replaying sound bite for 3rd time, cub win on saturday
9:am - 9:40am Talked to reporter Schuster about Cubs, replayed sound bite for 4th time about cub win on saturday
9:40 -9:50am Talked to Indians broadcasters about their game agains SOX
9:50 - 10am Read cub emails

SO...........Sox got 15 minutes of talk since 7am hour........2:45 minutes for cub
SOX TOPICS NOT COVERED on score: Bullpen, namely Jackson and Politte failing again, Ozz staying with Garland too long, Near Comeback Sat Nite,
SOX failure to land starter in offseason, KOCH doing bad for Marlins, KOCH trade, SOX bad roadtrip having them 1 1/2 games back now

Hangar18
06-21-2004, 11:20 AM
Can A Mod please Move the last 2 posts....they were supposed to be
their own thread....dont know how/what happened just now. thanks :wink:

harwar
06-21-2004, 11:33 AM
It would be bad enough if just your own home media was biased against you,but the national media(usually espn) shows the White Sox(when they bother to show highlights)in a bad light.Is it any wonder that most baseball fans either don't like the White sox or are apathetic to them.