PDA

View Full Version : Have Carlos Bat Second

owensmouth
06-16-2004, 05:12 PM
I'd like to see Ozzie move Carlos to the number two spot in the lineup. In the past when Carlos batted second, he did well. Since he is not hitting for power like he has in the past, let him get on base for Frank to drive in. Have Uribe bat fourth until we get home.

CWSGuy406
06-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Why not keep Carlos 4th? Our offense seems to be producing - so when Maggs comes back, stick Maggs in the 5 spot. Don't fix what isn't broken...

WWIII
06-16-2004, 05:39 PM
Carlos seems to be doing fine where he is at. Plus he's in the middle of a streak and you don't want to mess with that.

Saracen
06-16-2004, 06:05 PM
No kidding. He's clicking really well right now, why move him?

compy75
06-16-2004, 06:12 PM
Anyone notice Frank has not walked anywhere close to as much when Carlos was struggling hitting 5. As a matter of fact, Frank has been .377 batting 3rd and is relishing pitches as they have to respect Carlos behind him. Shame Ozzie does not realize that Frank is probably the best AL hitter right now and isn't playing him.

havelj
06-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I like C-Lee batting 2nd when Maggs is back and Maggs 4th.
Harris
Lee
Frank
Maggs
Konerko
Uribe
Jose
Crede
C

I think Frank might have had a foot problem today.

OEO Magglio
06-16-2004, 09:22 PM
This thread is definitely an overreaction because of one game. Why mess with the lineup after one bad game. This offense has been so good, Uribe and Willie have been producing, carlos has been producing, leave the lineup as it is. Like I said this thread is clearly an overreaction to one game.

Saracen
06-16-2004, 09:23 PM
This thread is definitely an overreaction because of one game. Why mess with the lineup after one bad game. This offense has been so good, Uribe and Willie have been producing, carlos has been producing, leave the lineup as it is. Like I said this thread is clearly an overreaction to one game.The thread is from before the game.

OEO Magglio
06-16-2004, 09:30 PM
The thread is from before the game.Well I just made an ass out of myself. I stand by my comments of not messing with the lineup but I'll take back the overreaction part. Woops, I apologize to you guys.

gosox3072
06-16-2004, 10:03 PM
There is an old saying that i believe is true in this situation......DONT FIX WHAT AINT BROKE! We score the most runs of anyone in baseball, IMO we really dont want to be tinkering with the most explosive lineup in baseball.

StepsInSC
06-16-2004, 11:15 PM
I'd like to see Ozzie move Carlos to the number two spot in the lineup. In the past when Carlos batted second, he did well. Since he is not hitting for power like he has in the past, let him get on base for Frank to drive in. Have Uribe bat fourth until we get home.
Uribe is batting .244 with RISP. I don't like that as enough protection for the big man.

When Maggs comes back, I wouldn't mind seeing Lee being moved to the 2nd spot and keeping Thomas and Maggs 3-4.

TaylorStSox
06-16-2004, 11:27 PM
Ideally, it's a good idea. Especially with Carlos hitting for average as opposed to power. Alot of Frank's obp. is due to walks. He's not going to score from first on a single. So, I'd rather have PK in the 4th hole. People are really underestimated what he's contributed to the team this year.

Realistically, CLee's doing really well hitting clean up. Why change it now?

DickAllen72
06-17-2004, 04:53 PM
I'd like to see Ozzie move Carlos to the number two spot in the lineup.

Me too, as soon as we get him from KC for Crede.

Then our lineup will be:

Harris 2b
Beltran CF
Ordonez RF
Thomas DH
Lee LF
Konerko 1B
Uribe 3B
Valentin SS
Olivo C

MRKARNO
06-17-2004, 05:03 PM
Me too, as soon as we get him from KC for Crede.

I'm not convinced that Beltran is going to hit that much better than Crede from here on out. When Crede's hitting, he's as good as a lot of the better hitters in baseball. Besides, Beltran's numbers are down this year and 3 months of Beltran aint worth Crede. KC wont get what they're asking for Beltran now. I wouldnt be shocked if he isnt traded till near the deadline when the Royals are desperate

DickAllen72
06-17-2004, 09:32 PM
I'm not convinced that Beltran is going to hit that much better than Crede from here on out.

He's much faster, will steal a lot more bases, and will allow Willie to play at 2nd where he belongs. Plus we could use his hitting from the left side.

I agree with you that KC won't get as much as a lot of people think they will get for Beltran. I think the same is true about Seattle and Garcia.

I think it's quite possible for the Sox to land both of them without giving up the farm. Crede for Beltran and a package like Rauch & Rowand for Garcia.