PDA

View Full Version : Chub players getting big heads?

GASHWOUND
09-22-2001, 08:38 AM
I was reading Mike Kiley's little piece in the Sun-Times and in there was some sort of MisQuote by a Chub player.

"They aren't the same club they were before, not as good," said one Cubs player, who asked not to be named so the eyes of Texas wouldn't be on him.
"They didn't impress me much tonight. It won't be easy, but St. Louis and us can both catch them."

Huh? Gee, the Chubbies get one blow out win with Houston and they think their the Mariners or something. I don't like bringing Chub related talk into sacred space(WSI) but it made me very mad. I doubt Houston would take offense to that cause all they have to do is look in the standings.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-22-2001, 08:56 AM
Is there any doubts why the Flubs spent the last six weeks falling out of the playoffs? What difference does it make that this nimrod asked to remain anonymous? The Astros know it was a Cubs player who said it, and either they are laughing their ***es off thinking about the Cubs choking or pissed as hell and ready to pulverize them further for the division crown.

The Cubs took their best shot with old men and retreads. They fell short. Now it's time to resume their perennial decent into the cellar. Capturing lightning in a bottle is no way to run a championship ballclub, but that's precisely what the Cubune has been trying to do for the last 20 seasons.

Losers forever!

:scrubs

harwar
09-22-2001, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
the Chubbies get one blow out win with Houston and they think their the Mariners or something.

While reading this post,it occurs to me that seattle is not the best team in baseball right now.I believe that oakland could quite possibly roll right thru the playoffs.With their pitching and the fact that they are one of the hottest teams around,they may be unstoppable.I read this morning where brett boone has a heel problem(uh oh).Those kind of injuries can drive a player to distraction.Too bad the bubs didn't go out and get jermain dye.They might not suck so bad.Yea,too bad.

GASHWOUND
09-22-2001, 07:41 PM
But Seattle is like 65 games over .500 and have played the best the ENTIRE season with no real losing streaks. Oakland may be te best right now, but Seattle really hasn't done anything to think they are not the best team in baseball. What are they, 105-40 or somethin? over 15 games in front of Oakland.

PaleHoseGeorge
09-22-2001, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
But Seattle is like 65 games over .500 and have played the best the ENTIRE season with no real losing streaks. Oakland may be te best right now, but Seattle really hasn't done anything to think they are not the best team in baseball. What are they, 105-40 or somethin? over 15 games in front of Oakland.

This year's American League playoffs are going to be great. There are three exceptional teams who will be facing off. Of course we all know who the fourth one is.

:)

Even with the Sox out of it, I'll be interested to see who wins the pennant.

ma-gaga
09-24-2001, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

This year's American League playoffs are going to be great. There are three exceptional teams who will be facing off. Of course we all know who the fourth one is.

Even with the Sox out of it, I'll be interested to see who wins the pennant.

I agree completely, this years playoffs are going to be great.