PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6.16.04

Hangar18
06-16-2004, 02:48 PM
the cubs yesterday said, mockingly, "were glad the SOX are using us as a Centerpiece for their ad campaign". Its a BRILLIANT idea, has people in the city TALKING about it, and more importantly, is the 1st PRO-ACTIVE move made by this "organization" in quite some time. Good For you Brooks.
Ran into some cub fans last nite, and they DONT LIKE the campaign, for obvious reasons, mostly they have NOTHING to say, everything IS TRUE.
Murphs morning zoo today STILL gave barely ANYTIME to the SOX. He would
say "Lets talk about CLEE", takes ONE CALL, then goes to a commercial,
thereby changing the subject back to the cubs. They did that about 3 times.
Thats ok, Ive Caught on to his trick. Fred is more and more, Exposing himself as a cub fan imitating a SOX fan.
Cubune:
5 sox
4 cubs
Cub-Times:
5 cubs
5 sox

Standings since ST...........
CUBS 946
SOX 640

DaveIsHere
06-16-2004, 03:24 PM
Murph is a Wart on the ass of Life!!!

nasox
06-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Hangar, stop listening to that joke of a sports radio station and turn the dial to AM1000, or do what I do, turn the dial to the "OFF" position.

HebrewHammer
06-16-2004, 03:40 PM
I'm glad that the Chicago news media is against the new ad campaign, I think that's exactly what Brooks wanted, these are the same guys who brought us all the ScRub hype this offseason, of course they're not going to want to see the ScRubs portrayed in ANY negative light(the "Lakeview" shooting and stabbing being swept under the rug come to mind), so naturally they're going to bash it, giving the ad campaign even more of a "rebel" feel to it. I can't wait to see the new t-shirts fly off the shelves and the stands a the Cell to be packed, PHASE 1: COMPLETE, PHASE TWO: ?

SSN721
06-16-2004, 03:54 PM
PHASE 1: COMPLETE, PHASE TWO: ?

PHASE THREE: PROFIT

This plan isnt nearly as solid as the underpants knome's
:)