PDA

View Full Version : "Us vs. Them" already a proven success

PaleHoseGeorge
06-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Gee, there is media "buzz" surrounding the new Sox ad campaign? That's the surest sign it is already a success.
:bandance:

Kudos to Brooks Boyer. He is already miles ahead of his predecessor. His new marketing campaign cannot be ignored, and all this media attention only underscores the point. That's what makes it effective, especially because we Sox Fans absolutely HATE the same media dolts who are now taking shots at it.

Hey Slezak, Moronotti, and the rest of you retarded idiots, get a ****ing clue. Boyer isn't trying to impress you. His job is to get more butts in the seats. You're so damned stupid, he has manipulated you into giving his ad campaign even more coverage -- for free! -- with all the **** you are now compelled to write about it. You guys are proven yet again to be ****ing idiots! Sox Fans, who's surprised? :wink:

The "Us vs. Them" campaign is a success because it speaks in a forceful voice to SOX FANS. This is the best money the Sox ever spent, especially since a lot of the hype it created was given to them for free.
:gulp:

As for the "them" in the campaign, I'm sure more than a few of "them" are beginning to wonder about their silly allegiance to a bunch of Lovable Losers. Lord knows none of these ****ing media idiots would ever write a word of sense on this subject. Isn't that right, Sox Fans?

bennyw41
06-16-2004, 02:00 PM
Us: PalehoseGeorge

Them: Marrioti

Fungo
06-16-2004, 02:05 PM
Gee, there is media "buzz" surrounding the new Sox ad campaign? That's the surest sign it is already a success.
:bandance:

Kudos to Brooks Boyer. He is already miles ahead of his predecessor. His new marketing campaign cannot be ignored, and all this media attention only underscores the point. That's what makes it effective, especially because we Sox Fans absolutely HATE the same media dolts who are now taking shots at it.

Hey Slezak, Moronotti, and the rest of you retarded idiots, get a ****ing clue. Boyer isn't trying to impress you. His job is to get more butts in the seats. You're so damned stupid, he has manipulated you into giving his ad campaign even more coverage -- for free! -- with all the **** you are now compelled to write about it. You guys are proven yet again to be ****ing idiots! Sox Fans, who's surprised? :wink:

The "Us vs. Them" campaign is a success because it speaks in a forceful voice to SOX FANS. This is the best money the Sox ever spent, especially since a lot of the hype it created was given to them for free.
:gulp:

As for the "them" in the campaign, I'm sure more than a few of "them" are beginning to wonder about their silly allegiance to bunch of Lovable Losers. Lord knows none of these ****ing media idiots would ever write a word of sense on this subject. Isn't that right, Sox Fans?
Excellent!! And to think, the commercial is really nothing more than a PowerPoint presentation. Let the free coverage continue.

Hondo
06-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Exactly, PHG!!!!

Mariotti puts the phone number for season tickets in his freakin article!!!!

Thanks, Jay. Next time can you write down directions for those who'venever been to the cell??
:moron
"Fine. But I'm going to tell them not to go there after dark. Becasue everyone knows that neighborhood is like Beriut once the sun goes down."

I know Jay. Bridgeport is basiclaly like the Gaza Strip

fledgedrallycap
06-16-2004, 02:07 PM
You Can Put it on the Board!

nasox
06-16-2004, 02:08 PM

ROFLMAO

jackbrohamer
06-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Yup, media scolds like the Moron complaining about the ad will just spawn more "us-v.-them-ism" & energize the Sox fan base.

Dan H
06-16-2004, 02:15 PM
In politics, a candidate running for his party's nomination does one thing first: he or she appeals to what is considered the party's core vote. Later the candidate may want to build coalitions but that can't be done until the true believers are in the fold.

The Us vs Them campaign is doing just that. The Sox need to re-build an eroding fan base and also rebuild a strong identity with the team. Many of us Sox fans don't like throwing opposition home run balls back, prefer that cell phones stay at home, wouldn't put up with dealing with team scalpers and don't want anything to with a human mascot who makes an ass out of himself. The Ad appeals to these fans. Something wrong with that?

The media response is not surprising. As a group, they have shown no understanding of the White Sox fan whatsover. Several, in both print and radio, have asked Sox fans to voice their opinions, only to not listen and bad mouth fans for speaking their minds. The media assault on the Sox fans has been un-relenting. This is no different.

To hell with the media. They have never been our ally and never will. Now all we need is for the Sox organization to be serious about building a World Series caliber team.

Baby Fisk
06-16-2004, 02:36 PM
I think it's worth revisiting some sound thoughts that Frater Perdurabo put forth w-a-a-a-a-y back in January on the matter of Sox marketing. This was from the thread "If you were owner...":

First I would hold a press conference announcing my purchase of the team and my hiring of the very best baseball people (scouts, coaches, etc.) at all levels of the organization, and most importantly a promise to the fans (while looking straight into the camera) and the City of Chicago: "While resources will not be wasted irresponsibly, no resources will be spared in making the White Sox a dynasty of frequent and multiple World Series victories. I issue this as a challenge to everyone in the organization -- if you win, you will be rewarded. However, if you are not committed to winning with every fiber of your being -- if you do not bleed silver and black in pursuit of ultimate victory -- I hereby accept your resignation effective immediately."

Upon hiring the very best baseball people to run the team, I would issue this public statement to the Cubs: "I view you as direct competition for fans in the City of Chicago. I will spare no expense in promoting the White Sox and will, within ten years' time, dine on Cubs Carcass and bury what remains of your organization in a casket of irrevelance. The White Sox will own Chicago in ways that you cannot even fathom. Any victories you may gain during that time will be fleeting and Pyrrhic."

The team would be constructed to both win now and tomorrow. Drafts would be for the best available player with any given pick. Future teams would be built on pitching, pitching and more pitching, and then OBP, speed and defense up the middle. Trades would be made from surpluses for areas of deficiency. (Other teams will overpay for pitching). Lineups would be balanced (equal numbers of lefties and righties). Power would come from the corners. Free agency would fill holes at the major-league level. In short, a Yankees-Athletics hybrid model.

There would be a PR war. Media professionals would be wined and dined and treated with respect and civility. Live video of Sox games would be made available FREE over the Internet.

Parking lots in the vicinity of the Cell would be turned into three- and four-story brick construction mixed-use residential/commercial buildings with parking garages. Short term, ticket prices for weeknight home games would be cut to fill the park. Once demand rose to the point that there were waiting lists for tickets, prices would be incrementally increased.

The stadium renovations would continue. There would be brick facades on all the concourse retail and food service stands. The shower in left field would be put back.

Nice! :nod:

chuckn98229
06-16-2004, 03:20 PM
Although I shouldn't be, I continue to be amazed that a shill like moronotti actually gets paid to write such uninspired, uncreative, and unoriginal crap. Jeez, does this guy ever get a perfomance review by his employers?? Are his supervisors even bigger imbeciles than him? No need to respond as I already know answers. What a dumb****!

JohnBasedowYoda
06-16-2004, 03:22 PM

Us: Hangar18

Them:Johnny Woo Woo

I love the connection to the floyd song Us vs Them too.

Hangar18
06-16-2004, 03:53 PM
Us: Hangar18

Them:Johnny Woo Woo

I love the connection to the floyd song Us vs Them too.

LuvSox
06-16-2004, 03:59 PM
Them: N'SYNC

Us: Metallica

Them: Wine coolers and trust funds

Us: Beer & Tequila

maurice
06-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Tell them what you really think, PHG.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

rmusacch
06-16-2004, 04:14 PM
Although I shouldn't be, I continue to be amazed that a shill like moronotti actually gets paid to write such uninspired, uncreative, and unoriginal crap. Jeez, does this guy ever get a perfomance review by his employers?? Are his supervisors even bigger imbeciles than him? No need to respond as I already know answers. What a dumb****!
This is exactly what his employers want. People talking about him. They get more people to read his article and want to see what the Moron will say next.

PaulDrake
06-16-2004, 04:53 PM
I loved that post by Frater then and now. Especially the part about multiple championships. Regarding the original post here, I say hell yeah. Who is anybody to tell the Sox how to frame the debate? God forbid Boyer should write stuff that mentions the precious protected adorable ones on the north side. We've been backed into a corner by the local and national media and if Boyer wants to come out swinging, then more power to him. He speaks for all of us tired of everything that is todays cubmania.

Frater Perdurabo
06-17-2004, 09:54 AM
I think it's worth revisiting some sound thoughts that Frater Perdurabo put forth w-a-a-a-a-y back in January on the matter of Sox marketing. This was from the thread "If you were owner...":

Nice! :nod:

I loved that post by Frater then and now. Especially the part about multiple championships. Regarding the original post here, I say hell yeah. Who is anybody to tell the Sox how to frame the debate? God forbid Boyer should write stuff that mentions the precious protected adorable ones on the north side. We've been backed into a corner by the local and national media and if Boyer wants to come out swinging, then more power to him. He speaks for all of us tired of everything that is todays cubmania.

Fisk, PaulDrake: Thanks for the endorsement and the kind words. :)

P.S. The Roadhouse is getting kind of lonely without you. :(:

Baby Fisk
06-17-2004, 10:24 AM
P.S. The Roadhouse is getting kind of lonely without you. :(:
[thread aside]

The Roadhouse is undergoing an identity crisis lately. When it was PI, it seemed to be stuck in a pattern of aggressive partisan gainsaying that wasn't much fun. Now it's also the trashheap for garbage Clubhouse threads. I dunno, maybe it's just a slow week?

[/thread aside]

OurBitchinMinny
06-17-2004, 01:58 PM
I like the commericial, but from now on I think its just a good idea to ignore the north side. Who gives a damn about what they do? No matter what they do they are losers and dont deserve the attention from the white sox. They get enough everywhere else

MarqSox
06-17-2004, 02:42 PM
I like the commericial, but from now on I think its just a good idea to ignore the north side. Who gives a damn about what they do? No matter what they do they are losers and dont deserve the attention from the white sox. They get enough everywhere else
When you're the #2 product, you can't make inroads into market share by ignoring your competition. Most people won't admit it, but they like mud-slinging and want to be told why your product is better than the product they currently purchase.

One only needs to look at Miller's current ad campaign that takes on Budweiser it's got Bud in a pathetic defense mode, and Miller has made huge gains in market share in the past couple months as a result. The same thing goes for political campaigns if you're running in second place, you simply won't win unless you start attacking your opponent.

People say they prefer positive advertising that touts the good points of a product ... but what they actually respond to is direct and unrelenting competition. For every person that says "This ad campaign is classless, I'm going to boycott the Sox," there's going to be 10 people who take notice and say "Wow, these guys aren't messing around. Maybe I should check out what they're about."

Keep it up Brooks, White Sox Army is behind you!