PDA

View Full Version : timo?

soxpride1983
06-16-2004, 11:31 AM
who thinks or who would like to see timo become a everyday day player in center or have him and rowand keep switching on and off. i do like rowand in CF i think he has a good glove but timo looks sharp also is ozzie going to keep swtiching them or is one going to be put on the trade block this year?

JRIG
06-16-2004, 11:42 AM
Harris has to play just about every day in center to keep Valentin and Uribe in the lineup. He's got a perfect platoon partner vs. LHP in Rowand too. Perez can be a good bench guy but shouldn't sniff the everyday lineup.

MeanFish
06-16-2004, 11:52 AM
Perez is a perfect situational bench guy. Also a good option to start against RHP. I think the main problem is that he will never be an everyday player due to the following 3-year statistics ('01 through '03):

BA vs. RHP: .290
BA vs. LHP: .160

Ozzie's using Perez perfectly so far this year. Lets not change a thing :)

sendimjoey
06-16-2004, 12:11 PM
I also agree with Guillen's use of Perez, but I mostly wanted to post how much I loved the way John Rooney ended his call of the tying home run yesterday: "IT'S ... A ... GONER!!!!!" That better become part of the intro to the broadcast. Contrast Rooney's genuine enthusiasm on a truly big play with Chip Caray constantly overhyping every little play in the game that goes the Cubs' way. We are lucky to have Rooney doing our games, IMHO. :D:

OEO Magglio
06-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Harris has to play just about every day in center to keep Valentin and Uribe in the lineup. He's got a perfect platoon partner vs. LHP in Rowand too. Perez can be a good bench guy but shouldn't sniff the everyday lineup.I agree, Timo actually is a great guy to have come off the bench. He's come up with some very clutch hits and he's a perfect guy to have pinch hit in the 8th or 9th inning.

kittle42
06-16-2004, 02:16 PM
who thinks or who would like to see timo become a everyday day player in center or have him and rowand keep switching on and off.
Do you only say this as a knee-jerk reaction to his hitting a HR yesterday?

DickAllen72
06-16-2004, 04:25 PM
who thinks or who would like to see timo become a everyday day player in center or have him and rowand keep switching on and off. i do like rowand in CF i think he has a good glove but timo looks sharp also is ozzie going to keep swtiching them or is one going to be put on the trade block this year?

Not me. I'd like to see Timo in the role he presently has--a reserve outfielder. If they can package him with others in a trade for another starting pitcher, an ace reliever or a big lefthanded bat, that would be fine. Otherwise, keep him as a backup.

MRKARNO
06-16-2004, 04:28 PM
When we're healthy, this is what our lineup should be:

Harris
Uribe
Thomas
Ordonez
Konerko
Lee
Valentin
Crede
Olivo

Some may dissagree about the order, but in terms of the people in that order there should be no questions asked. This is probably the concensus best lineup

StockdaleForVeep
06-16-2004, 04:31 PM
Despite his recent heroics, id feel better with him bein a pinch hitter\runner.

I have more confidence in the hitting of gload over timo. Timo is in a spot where he comes on with runners on and nobody expects him to be goin yard or drivin it deep.

HebrewHammer
06-16-2004, 04:32 PM
who thinks or who would like to see timo become a everyday day player in center or have him and rowand keep switching on and off. i do like rowand in CF i think he has a good glove but timo looks sharp also is ozzie going to keep swtiching them or is one going to be put on the trade block this year?As thrilled as I was to see Timo come through yesterday, I don't think he should be an everyday player. We need Willie at the top of the lineup everday, either at 2B or CF, either way, Willie Harris needs to set the table. Timo is a good role player, if he can be more than that terriffic, but as far as this team this year I don't want to see him playing every day.