PDA

View Full Version : Mariotti -- Leader of the ACP

benjamin
06-16-2004, 10:40 AM
I particularly love this gem:

"Cool isn't manufactured. It's discovered.
By winning games, divisions, pennants, world championships."

Riiiiiight. So now I understand why every Iowaian transplant moves to Wrigleyville with no previous ties to the City and so quickly joins the rest of the Ass Clown Posse in hyping the "Cubbies" after a couple Old Styles at the shrine.

It's all about winning games, divisions, pennants, world championships, etc.

That's why the "Cubbies" are so cool.

OzzieBall2004
06-16-2004, 11:07 AM
Not that this is news to anyone, but the reason the Chubbies fill their stadium and they're "cool" is because of the neighborhood. Those morons know little about baseball for the most part. They are certainly the exception to the rule.

As much as I hate to agree with Mariotti, The only time the upper deck is going to be full is once we make the postseason and prove to be a legitimate contender. I've been to six games this year, but my old man (who got me into the Sox by having season tickets when I was younger) said he wont go back till they prove their commitment to winning, and start showing results. If this first part of the season is any indication, we appear to be on our way.

Flight #24
06-16-2004, 11:11 AM
Not that this is news to anyone, but the reason the Chubbies fill their stadium and they're "cool" is because of the neighborhood. Those morons know little about baseball for the most part. They are certainly the exception to the rule.

As much as I hate to agree with Mariotti, The only time the upper deck is going to be full is once we make the postseason and prove to be a legitimate contender. I've been to six games this year, but my old man (who got me into the Sox by having season tickets when I was younger) said he wont go back till they prove their commitment to winning, and start showing results. If this first part of the season is any indication, we appear to be on our way.
What's interesting is that the team is fairly similar to the one that started the season last year (with the major change being manager). So does that say that the organization's commitment to winning has maybe been there n terms of providing the on-fielld talent, but the manager was screwing it up?

Nah - because JM was manager of the year! He can't be the reason - it must be JR's cheapness!