PDA

View Full Version : 3 simple wishes....

OzzieBall2004
06-16-2004, 02:10 AM
I know Brooks is a creative guy, and if he pulls any weight in the organization and has a good working relationship with Ozzie and KW...I'd love for these three things to happen (preferably on the same day) and create a nationwide buzz and boost a growing surge of Sox Pride.

1) Ink Magglios extension: Give him what he wants and deserves.

2) Land the starting pitcher we need: Garcia should be dealt soon, especially after a pitiful showing by the Mariner offense in against Milwaukee, wasting another quality start by Freddy.

3) Land a quality arm out of the pen, and officially name Shingo closer: As much as I like Mike Jackson as a person, he's a question mark on the hill. We need someone who can come in in the 6th or 7th and hold. group that with Marte and Shingo, and late inning losses will be few and far between. Let Adkins do long relief when needed, and let Koch continue working on dance moves and comical bits for his new career as "Southpaw". Shingo has already earned the skimpy salary he's getting paid, so give him the vote of confidence so he'll have no reason to want to go anywhere else next year.

The Cheat
06-16-2004, 02:19 AM
1)Brooks Boyer has nothing to do with player/personel decisions.

2)Brooks Boyer has nothing to do with player/personel decisions.

3)Brooks Boyer has nothing to do with player/personel decisions.

Dadawg_77
06-16-2004, 09:32 AM

Ok so if you replace Brooks with Kenny, what do you think?

It isn't the time to lock yourself into a long term contract, there will be quality on the market this off-season, so the Sox would be in a better position this off-season by waiting till then to sign Mags.

Don't trade for a fifth starter, but trade for a top of the rotation type of pitcher, not sure if Garcia will be that outside Safco.

We need help in the pen but trading for bullpen help might not be the best route. We have several pitchers in the minors, who could fill that role like MB did in 2000. Plus spending time in a major league pen could help them develop

daveeym
06-16-2004, 10:35 AM
Don't trade for a fifth starter, but trade for a top of the rotation type of pitcher, not sure if Garcia will be that outside Safco.

We need help in the pen but trading for bullpen help might not be the best route. We have several pitchers in the minors, who could fill that role like MB did in 2000. Plus spending time in a major league pen could help them develop I agree but Garcia is much better than a 5th, he may not be an ace outside of safeco but he would be a great fit.

You may be right about not trading for a reliever but I think that's becoming a bigger issue than the 5th starter right now. Politte has come back to earth, jackson's over the hill, koch needs to be roofied, adkins and cotts haven't proven to be consistent. Shingo + Marte = thiiiiiin BP.

OzzieBall2004
06-16-2004, 11:00 AM

Im well aware of this, I was simply saying that if these three things occured, he could generate positive PR and help fill the Cell for whats sure to be an exciting summer. I didnt mean to imply he could singlehandedly do any of these things, just that it would give him something to work with.

And everyone knows Garcia isnt a 5th starter, he'd be an ace on almost every pitching staff in the majors.

In regards to bringing someone up from the minors to bolster the bullpen, thats a nice thought and everything, but we need a veteran with postseason experience. As great a season as 2000 was, the postseason was far from memorable.