PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* June 15 Marlins postgame thread

cheeses_h_rice
06-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Congrats to Carlos, Timo and Shingo!

Saracen
06-15-2004, 09:18 PM
Huge motivational win. A big comeback, hit streak extended, Shingo comes in & closes it down.

Go Sox!

:bandance:

duke of dorwood
06-15-2004, 09:19 PM
Its exciting-more than 2000 right now

Hondo
What a win!!

An offense on life support until late
Heroics by Timo (who I questioned whether he should be in)
CLee extends the streak in clutch fashion
Shingo makes closing look....what!?!?!?.....PAINLESS!?!?!?!?

Thanks Nate Bump!!!!
Peace

stillz
A truly great win tonight! That's gonna be one happy clubhouse.

SoxxoS
Awesome game. I will admit, with :redface:, that I changed the channel after Gonzalez's homer to make it 4-0...to watch Saving Private Ryan. I did pause the movie and check the score, and got to catch the end.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I DOUBT THIS TEAM.:bandance:

beckett21
06-15-2004, 09:20 PM
How nice is it to have someone who can actually close a game?

What a difference.

delben91
06-15-2004, 09:20 PM
What happened to the "goodbye first place" thread??

Anyway, even on mlb gameday this was one heck of a game. Took 8 innings to wake up, but it works in the end.

Save the home run to gonzalez, looks like garland was pretty soild too.

And carlos extends the streak.

End it all with a closer who can get 3 consecutive outs.

I love it!! GO SOX!!!

dpbyron
06-15-2004, 09:21 PM
How nice is it to have someone who can actually close a game?

What a difference.
I second that!

What a WIN! :bandance:

soxwon
06-15-2004, 09:21 PM
ive been saying it since april

THIS TEAM HAS " MAGIC"

i really think we will dominate the A.L.

inta
06-15-2004, 09:22 PM
amazing win.

i loved shingos reaction when he got that last out.

HomeFish
After the 7th inning, I was certain this was lost, so I turned off both the TV and the radio and put "Major League" on in my DVD player.

Oddly appropriate, I think, given what the Sox did next.

Now, I only have one thing to say to you:

LETS GO ASTROS!!

MRKARNO
End it all with a closer who can get 3 consecutive outs.

Shingo has actually gotten 22 consecutive outs.

idseer
06-15-2004, 09:24 PM
amazing win.

i loved shingos reaction when he got that last out.for those of us who didn't see it ... what was it?

compy75
Don't underestimate Frank's home run. It was huge and brought alot of life into the ballclub. 2 games at 1B, 3 home runs. Incredible. When Lee hammered that shot, I had a feeling we would have a shot. I died when Timo hammered it though. GREAT win. Hope to see Frank at 1b tomorrow.

stillz
Let the glorious streaks continue...:smile:

delben91
06-15-2004, 09:25 PM

I happily stand corrected.

By the way, Benitez was 1-0 with a sub-1.00 ERA. Was this his first blown save this season?

owensmouth
06-15-2004, 09:25 PM
Hey, let's not forget that Frank got his fourth home run in the last three games. He should get a little credit, right?

Hondo
06-15-2004, 09:26 PM

No that's consecutive scoreless innings but it's still pretty frickin awesome

ode to veeck
Caballo to buy steaks and beers for Crede, Frank, and Timo tonight

beckett21
After the 7th inning, I was certain this was lost, so I turned off both the TV and the radio and put "Major League" on in my DVD player.

No way, not you 'Fish....Say it ain't so!

I'll give you credit for making it to the 7th.....the HomeFish I know would have been certain all was lost in the 1st! :D:

:cheers:

elrod
06-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Best game of the year. Better than the Cleveland comeback. Better than the Royal comeback. Great because it was agains the WORLD CHAMPIONS, ON THE ROAD. We had NO BUSINESS winning that game. Beautiful.

If you want good fun and a look at White Sox Fandom in the mirror, go read through the game posts. Perfect. Compare that to Cub fans.

cheeses_h_rice
06-15-2004, 09:27 PM
Hey, let's not forget that Frank got his fourth home run in the last three games. He should get a little credit, right?
Agreed. I apologize for leaving him out in my initial post -- without his 3-run clutch-as-crap bomb, the Sox wouldn't have even been in the position to have Mike Jackson blow yet another game for them, thus necessitating a heroic comeback that enabled Carlos Lee to set the all-time hitting streak record for the White Sox franchise.

Nutty game!

:gulp:

gosox3072
06-15-2004, 09:28 PM
I think we can offically call Shingo MR ZERO!!!!:)

MRKARNO
No that's consecutive scoreless innings but it's still pretty frickin awesome Actually Shingo has two streaks going. One of them is the consecutive scoreless innings streak which is at about 21.1 and then Takatsu has retired 22 straight batters on top of that. 5 away from the hidden perfect game.

Hondo
Agreed. I apologize for leaving him out in my initial post -- without his 3-run clutch-as-crap bomb, the Sox wouldn't have even been in the position to have Mike Jackson blow yet another game for them, thus necessitating a heroic comeback that enabled Carlos Lee to set the all-time hitting streak record for the White Sox franchise.

Nutty game!

:gulp:

Frank has been out of his head good lately!!!!

For those who could watch the game, does Frank get the nod @ first again??

elrod
06-15-2004, 09:29 PM
More evidence this was a "big" win? Benitez is lights out in "little games". But in EVERY big game he blows it. I personally witnessed two blown saves in the 1997 ALCS against Cleveland. Game One in the 2000 World Series was the worst, though.

beckett21
06-15-2004, 09:29 PM
No that's consecutive scoreless innings but it's still pretty frickin awesome
I think actually it's both: he has 22 consecutive batters retired, and something like 21 or 22 consecutive scoreless innings.

MRK would be the one to know....I never argue with his stats! :)

beckett21
06-15-2004, 09:30 PM
Actually Shingo has two streaks going. One of them is the consecutive scoreless innings streak which is at about 21.1 and then Takatsu has retired 22 straight batters on top of that. 5 away from the hidden perfect game.
I knew you wouldn't let me down boss! :D:

SoxxoS
06-15-2004, 09:31 PM
Chances we lead of Baseball Tonight?

Hondo
06-15-2004, 09:31 PM
I think actually it's both: he has 22 consecutive batters retired, and something like 21 or 22 consecutive scoreless innings.

MRK would be the one to know....I never argue with his stats! :)
I double checked and I'm so wrong I'm going to watch a highlight reel of Koch, clockwork orange style.

Mil Disculpes to the great MRK.

Peace

Whitesox029
06-15-2004, 09:32 PM
Congrats to Carlos, Timo and Shingo!Don't forget Frank! He may hit homers more often than Timo, but that doesn't mean it means less!

beckett21
06-15-2004, 09:33 PM
I double checked and I'm so wrong I'm going to watch a highlight reel of Koch, clockwork orange style.

:bundy

Don't do it man....ain't worth it. :D:

DSpivack
06-15-2004, 09:33 PM
BIG Win! Nice comeback, boys!

MRKARNO
06-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I knew you wouldn't let me down boss! :D:
No problem. I love dealing with stats. Shingo is the man and he's unhittable. Hard to score runs when you're not allowing baserunners whatsoever. His Whip was .73 and his BAA .141 before the game. That's definately lower now.

beckett21
06-15-2004, 09:36 PM
No problem. I love dealing with stats. Shingo is the man and he's unhittable. Hard to score runs when you're not allowing baserunners whatsoever. His Whip was .73 and his BAA .141 before the game. That's definately lower now.
:b&b

huh huh...Shingo RULES!

cheeses_h_rice
06-15-2004, 09:39 PM
Chances we lead of Baseball Tonight?
:roflmao: :rolling: :roflmao: :rolling: :roflmao: :rolling:

HomeFish
06-15-2004, 09:39 PM
More evidence this was a "big" win? Benitez is lights out in "little games". But in EVERY big game he blows it. I personally witnessed two blown saves in the 1997 ALCS against Cleveland. Game One in the 2000 World Series was the worst, though.

That's nothing. He ruined my birthday last year.

I went to a Yankees/RedSox game at Fenway during the short time the Yanks had Benitez. After John Burkett absolutely shut New York down for 7 innings, they rallied against Kim and tied the game. Benitez came in and gave up a walk-off.

Worst Birthday ever. Worse than the time I was six and the clown my parents hired made fun of me because I couldn't blow up a baloon.

beckett21
06-15-2004, 09:41 PM
Worse than the time I was six and the clown my parents hired made fun of me because I couldn't blow up a baloon.
This may explain a lot of things right here.....:redneck

Hondo
06-15-2004, 09:42 PM
I know. That may have been a bit of an overshare:?:

OEO Magglio
06-15-2004, 09:44 PM
UNBELIEVABLE. Timo really has come up with some clutch hits for this team, his average might not be great but he's been very clutch so far. Frank was Frank not much more to say about that. I absolutely love Shingo, the guys is amazing. 1,2,3 saves are definitely something different on this team for the last couple of years. Absolutely awesome game.:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

SoxFan76
06-15-2004, 09:50 PM
What a game. I will admit, I thought the old Frank Thomas was gone, but here he is, back again. Maybe even better. He is hitting for more power, but his average is still around .300. I'll take a slugger with a .300 average any day. JOE TORRE, JOE TORRE, take some notes. Frank cannot be screwed again.

idseer
06-15-2004, 09:54 PM
What a game. I will admit, I thought the old Frank Thomas was gone, but here he is, back again. Maybe even better. He is hitting for more power, but his average is still around .300. I'll take a slugger with a .300 average any day. JOE TORRE, JOE TORRE, take some notes. Frank cannot be screwed again.
he's hanging on better than i thought he would for sure.
i am very happy to be wrong.

doublem23
06-15-2004, 10:11 PM
Wow... I leave after Garland exited, disgusted with the Sox tonight... Take a nice 2 1/2 mile run,, watch the Cubs come back on the Astros and think what a bummer tonight's been, only to turn on the radio and hear tonight's 7-5 winner... I knew my Sox had 7 runs hidden in there somewhere. :D: Did Minnesota lose tonight, too?

BTW, thanks, RK for the props in the Gameday thread. :bandance:

Sox win, baby!

ode to veeck
06-15-2004, 10:19 PM
nope twinks won as well, we're still at 1/2 game lead and holding ...

Navaro's Talent
06-15-2004, 10:19 PM
This might have been the best game of the year so far. Within the last week, it seemed to me that the Sox were having trouble getting on a winning streak, so I'm hoping that this game will be a major confidence booster. Go Sox!!!!!!!

Lip Man 1
06-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Extremely satisfying win. Amazing comeback. Every win means another day closer to Ordonez returning.

Lip

RKMeibalane
06-15-2004, 11:37 PM
I was just about to say something similar.

MRKARNO
06-15-2004, 11:45 PM
Extremely satisfying win. Amazing comeback. Every win means another day closer to Ordonez returning.

Lip
And last I heard Magglio was going to be back closer to 4 weeks than the 7 weeks and possibly in time for the Cubs series at the cell.

RKMeibalane
06-15-2004, 11:50 PM
And last I heard Magglio was going to be back closer to 4 weeks than the 7 weeks and possibly in time for the Cubs series at the cell.
It would be really nice to get Maggs back before the All Star Break. The Sox have a critical West Coast trip scheduled to start the second half, so they're going to need everyone healthy once they go back out there.

MRKARNO
06-15-2004, 11:51 PM
It would be really nice to get Maggs back before the All Star Break. The Sox have a critical West Coast trip scheduled to start the second half, so they're going to need everyone healthy once they go back out there.
It's almost a certainty as it stands now that he'll be back before the all star break.

CWSGuy406
06-15-2004, 11:56 PM
I'd also like to add that Joe Crede is slowly starting to get that average up again, and starting to swing the hot stick (knock on wood).

I'd still like a Steve Finley/Another Reliever/Another starter added to this team, but man, is this team fun to watch or what?

Oh - and Minny's cupcake schedule won't last forever. If we hang around first place for June and July, Kenny will send in a couple reinforcements, and then the Twins will play some hard teams.

Just keep on winning and the rest will take care of itself! :)

jabrch
06-16-2004, 12:01 AM
I'd also like to add that Joe Crede is slowly starting to get that average up again, and starting to swing (http://www.adsrve.com/linkredirect.php?h=73,22470392,whitesoxinteractive .com,1) the hot stick (knock on wood).

I'd still like a Steve Finley/Another Reliever/Another starter added to this team, but man, is this team fun to watch or what?

Just keep on winning and the rest will take care of itself! :)
I can live without Finley. Harris has done an excellent job and I do think Crede will pick it up a bit. I like our offense as it is, once Magglio returns. However a SP and a nasty RH setup guy to go with Marte setting up for Shingo would be nice. My real target is to get the best SP available. If it is Garcia - then fine. If there is better, lets get it. I just don't want to see the 5th starter throwing for much longer. Whomever he/she is is usually pretty bad.

OEO Magglio
06-16-2004, 12:13 AM
I can live without Finley. Harris has done an excellent job and I do think Crede will pick it up a bit. I like our offense as it is, once Magglio returns. However a SP and a nasty RH setup guy to go with Marte setting up for Shingo would be nice. My real target is to get the best SP available. If it is Garcia - then fine. If there is better, lets get it. I just don't want to see the 5th starter throwing for much longer. Whomever he/she is is usually pretty bad.Is schuelers daughter still available?:D: I agree with what you said though starting pitcher first, then another reliever. If crede starts to hit, keep the offense as it is. If kenny can get freddy and then another right handed reliever, then this team is set and has a chance for some special things.

Vernam
06-16-2004, 12:28 AM
No problem. I love dealing with stats. Shingo is the man and he's unhittable. Hard to score runs when you're not allowing baserunners whatsoever. His Whip was .73 and his BAA .141 before the game. That's definately lower now.Impressive stats! What a novel concept: Throwing strikes! :D:

Time will tell if the league figures Shingo out, but he clearly knows how to pitch. Moves the ball around the strike zone, changes speeds and angles of delivery. When that one ball got hit to center, I said: "Oops, he accidentally threw the Frisbee for a strike." (Because he basically just teases hitters w/ it.) But the replay showed the guy had hit it off his shoetops, so can't fault Takatsu for that.

Many other things could still go wrong, but I'm filled w/ optimism because a.) the team is more spirited than last year, b.) Maggs will be back soon, and c.) Koch is history. The division is ours for the taking. How much farther we go will depend on Williams's mid-season dealing.

VC

SSN721
06-16-2004, 06:26 AM
Wow, what a win. I was writing this team off after it was 4-0 Marlins. I guess I have learned nothing yet this year. It just seemed after Carlos failed to get anything on the bases loaded by walks I just thought it was gonna be like the Oakland game where we stranded 14. So glad they proved me wrong. I was going absolutely crazy after Timo hit that homer. What an effort. Frank just continues to be clutch, it will be a crime if he doesnt somehow make the all-star team. What a win, lets get 'em again tonight. :D: :bandance: :gulp:

Mickster
06-16-2004, 09:31 AM
It's almost a certainty as it stands now that he'll be back before the all star break.There was a snippet in Monday papers (too lazy to look for it) about maggs wanting to return immediately but it was Ozzie that wants to make sure he's completely healthy before taking the field. Sounds great to me! :smile: