PDA

View Full Version : Why won't someone make Jackson retire???

California Sox
06-15-2004, 09:40 PM
Maybe it's my imagination but does Mike Jackson give up at least one run every time he pitches? :angry:

I'm happy we tied the game and everything, but we could be leading with Shingo looming if we had even a mediocre right-handed setup man.

Shingo was great, but now that he's in the closer role, who are you going to go to? Adkins, Koch, and Politte are all walking a million guys and Jackson has NOTHING. I think they should give Bajenaru a shot. With a low three-quarters delivery and a 95 mph heater, he'd at least have a chance at being tough against RH hitters. I'll take anyone, I can't watch them run these 5.00 ERAs out with the game on the line.

A. Cavatica
06-15-2004, 10:30 PM
Agree on Bajenaru. He's 26 (IIRC; make that 26 +/- 1 year) and has nothing left to prove in Birmingham. He should be in the mix, as should Majewski & Jose Santiago, but I think Baj is the only one who's likely to outperform the guy he replaces.

Whitesox029
06-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Mike was having nightmares of game 7 of the '97 series.....no really though I do agree with you. I'm tired of his giving up runs.

duke of dorwood
06-15-2004, 11:06 PM
Jackson looks more finished every time out

nasox
06-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Couldn't agree more. I said this after April was finished and I'll say it again. Replace Jackson and our bullpen is set (with Shingo as the closer).

mjmcend
06-16-2004, 01:13 AM
I agree wholeheardtly, I don't think I have seen him pitch outside of april this year that he hasn't given up a run (not true) but that is at least what sticks out in my mind. I would rather see Pollitte or Adkins out there.

iwannago
06-16-2004, 02:23 PM
Couldn't agree more. I said this after April was finished and I'll say it again. Replace Jackson and our bullpen is set (with Shingo as the closer).
What about Mr Koch? I think we should give Jackson a little more rope.

SoxxoS
06-16-2004, 02:27 PM
I think Koch has to go before Jackson, but we know that won't happen.

OEO Magglio
06-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Jacksons biggest problem is he always gets in trouble with the count. The homer to lowell was a 2-0 pitch, when he gets ahead of the hitters he's actually pretty good as our most pitchers. Jackson seems to have descent control and if he can just get ahead of the hitters he'll be fine. He gets behind against good hitters and either throws a rolling curveball or a bp fastball. I'd say give him a little more time, if not I think there might be some good options in the minors such as santiago or baj. I still think the sox need to acquire one more righty that is able to pitch the 7th inning.

Mohoney
06-16-2004, 02:30 PM
What about Mr Koch? I think we should give Jackson a little more rope.

I agree. Jackson was giving us solid relief in April and May. He's had a few bad outings in June, but I think he'll rebound and be servicable as a 12th pitcher.

He just hung a slider to a great hitter in Lowell.

jabrch
06-16-2004, 02:34 PM
Jackson is not our biggest problem. Sure, I'd love to have a lockdown righty setup guy to replace Shingo since he is now closing - and I am sure that is on Kenny's list. But it is well behind getting a SP in my priority list.

Rocky Soprano
06-16-2004, 02:52 PM
I was screaming at the top of my lungs when I saw Jackson get the ball with us being down a run, then bam he got rocked.

We got lucky yesterday that we were able to score what we needed. That run Jackson gave up could of easily been an insurance run for the Marlins.

This guy needs to be released!

Hangar18
06-16-2004, 04:09 PM
[QUOTE=California Sox]Maybe it's my imagination but does Mike Jackson give up at least one run every time he pitches? :angry: QUOTE]

I started a Thread on this Bozo last week and some were lenient to this Fire-Starter. Why do you think I call him Mike "Good for 1" Jackson.
He either lets the other Team TIE the game up, or PUTS US OUT OF REACH (P.O.O.R) He NEEDS TO GO ..........or if we need him, PUT HIM IN WHEN WERE LEADING BY 5 OR MORE RUNS. NEVER use him to Protect a 1 or 2 run Lead OR when were DOWN ONE RUN. I SCREAMED when I saw him come in.......the guys next to me heard me......."Good-for-One-Jackson is going to Put the Game out of Reach.........watch him" after the HR, cub fan next to me says "dude, you called it. is he doing bad for you guys this year?".
RELEASE HIM AND KOCH. THEYRE WORTHLESS to us and taking up space
in our BullPen & Roster, magnified especially during Interleague