PDA

View Full Version : I have an idea...

CanOfCorn
06-15-2004, 05:17 PM
... a killer idea.

You know how ABC7 runs those celebrity golf shows after the news on Sunday night?

Have an open forum for a Sox-Cubs debate. Have law professors from the U. of Chicago professionally moderate it. Raising topics, making points, providing rebuttals on a variety of topics. I think it'd draw good ratings, make for gripping television, and I don't think it could be that expensive to produce.

I think we'd make 'em look like Billy Madison. Where's Mr. Boyer?

Philo-Sox-er
06-15-2004, 05:19 PM
I'm in!

DaveIsHere
06-15-2004, 05:20 PM
That would be great!!

CanOfCorn
06-15-2004, 05:26 PM
"Mr. Cubs Fan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul. "

whitesoxwilkes
06-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I sat on a panel last year sponsored by the RedEye that did just that, the special aired on CLTV the week leading up to the Sox-Chubs games at the Urinal. I wonder if they'll do another one this year...

CanOfCorn
06-15-2004, 06:30 PM
I can't say I've ever watched CLTV. I think we should have it on neutral, network ground.

Hondo
06-15-2004, 06:42 PM
Like WGN???

It should be on ESPN like they had that Pete Rose trial.

HomerCoach
06-15-2004, 06:50 PM
"Mr. Cubs Fan, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.

AMEN!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

RKMeibalane
06-15-2004, 06:50 PM
I sat on a panel last year sponsored by the RedEye that did just that, the special aired on CLTV the week leading up to the Sox-Chubs games at the Urinal. I wonder if they'll do another one this year...
I remember that. The Cubs fans didn't know what they were talking about.

SSN721
06-16-2004, 08:05 AM

I am a total idiot, but I have to ask, where is that quote from? I hear it every week on Mike and Mike in the Mornign for their just shut up thing. It drives me nuits because I know I have heard it but just cant place it. So anyone who knows would appreciate to know so it stops driving me crazy.
:D:

hsnterprize
06-16-2004, 08:13 AM
I sat on a panel last year sponsored by the RedEye that did just that, the special aired on CLTV the week leading up to the Sox-Chubs games at the Urinal. I wonder if they'll do another one this year...I've e-mailed Jimmy Greenfield of RedEye twice about this. He's said there's no plans for another debate. I told him I'll be there if there's another one. I started a new second job last year around debate time, so I couldn't make it.

steff
06-16-2004, 08:16 AM
I remember that. The Cubs fans didn't know what they were talking about.

Really...? IIRC the fan that Mike was on with was pretty on the ball....