PDA

View Full Version : first base?


soxpride1983
06-15-2004, 03:31 PM
whats ozzie going to do about first base for the next 6 games playign who has the hot bat or the better matchup? also who would you liek to see or how would you handle it?

OEO Magglio
06-15-2004, 03:38 PM
Well according to the trib frank will be at first tonight.

compy75
06-15-2004, 03:42 PM
Yesterday, I also put up a poll for us to decide who should get the time. It is below under Frank at first. 75% believe Frank should get the majority of time over at 1st. The other 25% feel a split is better.

SEALgep
06-15-2004, 04:07 PM
Yesterday, I also put up a poll for us to decide who should get the time. It is below under Frank at first. 75% believe Frank should get the majority of time over at 1st. The other 25% feel a split is better.I don't necessarily feel it needs to be an even split, but I feel PK needs to get at least two of the games at first. It's too long to sit out without seeing live pitching. No reason to put PK in a funk when he's been our RBI leader and swinging the bat well. Obviously Frank has been hitting real well too, so it is a dilemma. However, both guys need to be playing.

JRIG
06-15-2004, 04:24 PM
whats ozzie going to do about first base for the next 6 games playign who has the hot bat or the better matchup? also who would you liek to see or how would you handle it?
Putting aside "getting rusty" or not getting his swings in, is there any circumstance where Konerko would be a better "matchup" against a pitcher than Frank? I can't think of one.

RKMeibalane
06-15-2004, 05:02 PM
Putting aside "getting rusty" or not getting his swings in, is there any circumstance where Konerko would be a better "matchup" against a pitcher than Frank? I can't think of one.
The only circumstance I can think of would be if Konerko has hit extremely well against a particular pitcher, and Frank has struggled against this same pitcher. Otherwise, Frank needs to be out there. He's still the Sox best hitter, and a manager shouldn't bench his best hitter for any reason.

jabrch
06-15-2004, 05:21 PM
That said, since this is NL rules, PK can get 1 or more ABs a game by pinch hitting for the pitcher, and then possibly going into the game for Frank if it is a blowout, or Ozzie decides it makes sense for defensive purposes. If PK can get 12-15 ABs in the next 6 games (starts 2 and pinch hits in 4?) that would be ok with me.

HITMEN OF 77
06-15-2004, 05:35 PM
Hate to see Paulie sit, let him play 3rd. Crede has been swinging the bat a lot better the past week though, but we can't sit Konerko!

jabrch
06-15-2004, 05:41 PM
Hate to see Paulie sit, let him play 3rd. Crede has been swinging the bat a lot better the past week though, but we can't sit Konerko!
Ozzie already ruled that out. He said something like "there is a reason he doesn't play 3B anymore - and I don't want to find it out."

Hal posted it a few days ago.