PDA

View Full Version : Wunsch to DL in AAA

JRIG
06-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Don't know what the problem is. Here's the link:

Wunch to DL; McNeal to AAA (http://www.buzzfans.com/sports/baseball/knights/story/3644408p-3246699c.html)

Info is at the bottom of the article.

doublem23
06-15-2004, 06:57 PM
Dammit, we should have dumped him while we had the chance.

SoxxoS
06-15-2004, 07:18 PM
Dammit, we should have dumped him while we had the chance.
I think KW tried...Wunsch didn't even clear waivers.

Unregistered
06-15-2004, 08:45 PM
Is this wording strange to anyone else?

Knights left-handed pitcher Kelly Wunsch was placed on the disabled list by the parent Chicago White Sox prior to Monday's doubleheader.
Is it odd that the Sox put Wunsch on the DL playing for the Knights? I don't really follow that kind of stuff much, so I don't know - just thought it sounded strange. :?:

doublem23
06-15-2004, 08:49 PM
Is it odd that the Sox put Wunsch on the DL playing for the Knights? I don't really follow that kind of stuff much, so I don't know - just thought it sounded strange. :?:
Wunsch is on the 40-man roster and has an MLB contract with the White Sox (not the Knights), so I assume that the Sox have the final say in any transactions regarding Kelly, such as movement to and from the disabled list.

Unregistered
06-15-2004, 09:01 PM
Wunsch is on the 40-man roster and has an MLB contract with the White Sox (not the Knights), so I assume that the Sox have the final say in any transactions regarding Kelly, such as movement to and from the disabled list. Ok, I guess that makes sense... not nearly as interesting as "The Sox hate Kelly Wunsch and want to ruin his life" conspiracy, though. :wink:

Rex Hudler
06-16-2004, 12:34 AM
Wunsch is on the 40-man roster and has an MLB contract with the White Sox (not the Knights), so I assume that the Sox have the final say in any transactions regarding Kelly, such as movement to and from the disabled list.
Actually, doublem, Wunsch was outrighted to Charlotte about a week ago. He cleared waivers so every team had a chance to get him for a song. They all passed and he is no longer on the Sox 40-man.

That said, the Sox have the complete say on all transactions on all Minor Leaguers, whether they are on the 40-man roster or not. All Sox farmhands are under contract with the Sox, not their Minor League clubs.

Chisoxfn
06-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Wunsch is on the DL with a shoulder injury. He hadn't pitched since May 29th . He had complained about soreness in his shoulder. I'm guessing he is or already has gone for an MRI or what not. I wouldn't be shocked if they found something wrong.

doublem23
06-16-2004, 12:53 AM
Actually, doublem, Wunsch was outrighted to Charlotte about a week ago. He cleared waivers so every team had a chance to get him for a song. They all passed and he is no longer on the Sox 40-man.

That said, the Sox have the complete say on all transactions on all Minor Leaguers, whether they are on the 40-man roster or not. All Sox farmhands are under contract with the Sox, not their Minor League clubs.
Really? Well, you learn something new everyday, I guess.