PDA

View Full Version : My day at the cell yesterday.

ewokpelts
06-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Hey all,
I was at the cell yesterday to buy some more Flubs/Sox tix. If you're a ST holder, get them now. I got some real good stuff for my people this week. Anyways, while me and my Rep are talking about stuff, including the pistons(he's a detroit boy) and what would happen if the sox played the cubs in a ws( I predicted fire), I got to meet brooks and saw maggs come in.
On Maggs: He's walking without any support. Looks very limber, although I'm sure he's not 100% to play right. Waling aroun dlike alatin pimp, with his collar up and shirt slightly unbuttoned. I guess 14 mil this year does that to ya.

On Brooks: We talked briefly about my email to him. He sed some good ideas, some pretty tough to pull off. Sed he's got tons of ideas, and they're working hard to try and see what can work for next year. Nice guy.

Oh...and he sed something VEEERY interesting.....

"Hey...it's your team...I'm only trying to market it."

Gene

p.s. I got a bunch of ticket vouchers (7/7 on one, 7/8 & 9/22 on another0 with more on the way. I plan on passing them out at some games, and setting something up where some WSI folkz can send out SASE's for them too. I'll post more about that later.

p.p.s. Jerry was also there. But I was too chicken to say anything. Mayhaps next time.

steff
06-15-2004, 12:39 PM
Sportin Jeans & Flip-flops, too...?? :D:

jabrch
06-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Good stuff! Thanks for the update Gene!

Hey all,
I was at the cell yesterday to buy some more Flubs/Sox tix. If you're a ST holder, get them now. I got some real good stuff for my people this week. Anyways, while me and my Rep are talking about stuff, including the pistons(he's a detroit boy) and what would happen if the sox played the cubs in a ws( I predicted fire), I got to meet brooks and saw maggs come in.
On Maggs: He's walking without any support. Looks very limber, although I'm sure he's not 100% to play right. Waling aroun dlike alatin pimp, with his collar up and shirt slightly unbuttoned. I guess 14 mil this year does that to ya.

On Brooks: We talked briefly about my email to him. He sed some good ideas, some pretty tough to pull off. Sed he's got tons of ideas, and they're working hard to try and see what can work for next year. Nice guy.

Gene

p.s. I got a bunch of ticket vouchers (7/7 on one, 7/8 & 9/22 on another0 with more on the way. I plan on passing them out at some games, and setting something up where some WSI folkz can send out SASE's for them too. I'll post more about that later.

p.p.s. Jerry was also there. But I was too chicken to say anything. Mayhaps next time.

ewokpelts
06-15-2004, 12:45 PM
Sportin Jeans & Flip-flops, too...?? :D:
Naw...more like Miami Mobster look.
Gene

steff
06-15-2004, 12:50 PM
Naw...more like Miami Mobster look.
Gene

Oye ve...

He was "Miami Vice" last week and baggy jeans on Sunday. I think he's auditioning for that show on TLC.. "What not to wear" :D:

WSox8404
06-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Hey all,

Gene

Man I can't get any Cubs Sox tix. I always am standing in line every year when single season tix go on sale but they weren't selling that series this year. And since I can't afford season tix I am screwed. Is there any way I can score some tix from some of you's? I am not asking for freebees, but I would also not rather go to a scalper the day of the game like I have to sometimes. Thanks to anyone that can help me out.

Cellview22
06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Do you guys think there'll be more Cubs fans than usual at the Cell this year since it seems like all the casual Chicago fans jumped on the Cubs bandwagon last year?