PDA

View Full Version : Boston in Chat Yesterday

HebrewHammer
06-15-2004, 12:17 PM
Well, so much for the flooding of the Gammons chat yesterday, he answered at least 3 ScRubs questions, but he did answer mine about Zero-san, not that he seemed to have any real insight, actually the more I think about it this is a pretty lame answer to an honest question. No mention of the "frisbee" or the run Shingo's had over the past few months, and I'm sure there were better questions asked, this was really just one I thought up on the spot to try to generate some Sox talk at espn.com.

And what's the deal with him putting his own picture up during his own chat? No one knows what he looks like? We need to see his skinny Boston face for every response?

Matt (Chicago, IL): Is Shingo Takatsu the right man for the closer's spot in Chicago, or will Kenny Williams have to make another move for a reliever?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/media/other/2002/0429/photo/gammons_s.gifPeter Gammons: I think Marte can also close and I think Williams right now is more interested in a starter.

compy75
06-15-2004, 12:31 PM
I usually send in about 10 questions for the Friday chats with Crasnick and Morgan. I send them in from various locations so there is a chance multiple show up. A few weeks ago, Crasnick answered a few and was like "whats with this white sox onslaught." :D: At least he answered them correctly, I asked Morgan if Griffs comeback was like Frank's and he said no b/c Griffs problems were injuries. Somehow he forgot about Frank's torn bicep...

What I find amazing is that I usually have half pointing out in one way or another how great Frank has been but none have been answered. Yesterday, Gammons stonewalled me, and I was glad to see at least one Sox question got in but as always they never directly answer the question.

Hondo
06-15-2004, 12:33 PM
Teams the national media are aware exsist:
Boston
New York AL & NL
Chicago NL
and
Los Angeles

Gammons can't even get Kenny's name right half the time. What a joke!!!!

Philo-Sox-er
06-15-2004, 12:42 PM
Yes, this is very frustrating. I sent in at least 20 questions to Gammons from using different names, etc. I have had some success in the past--sometimes getting him to respond to more than one of my questions in a single chat.

My hope is that if they continually see that many White Sox fans are participating and asking good, intelligent baseball questions that they will come to realize there is another team in Chicago and that they should market to them as well.

At any rate, great work getting your question on there and I will at least keep it up--hopefully more will join. Friday there are three chats:

Friday
Joe Morgan
Weekly
10:30 a.m. ET

Jerry Crasnick
Weekly
11 a.m. ET

Rob Neyer
Weekly
1 p.m. ET

nasox
06-15-2004, 12:49 PM
I usually send in about 10 questions for the Friday chats with Crasnick and Morgan. I send them in from various locations so there is a chance multiple show up. A few weeks ago, Crasnick answered a few and was like "whats with this white sox onslaught." :D: At least he answered them correctly, I asked Morgan if Griffs comeback was like Frank's and he said no b/c Griffs problems were injuries. Somehow he forgot about Frank's torn bicep...

What I find amazing is that I usually have half pointing out in one way or another how great Frank has been but none have been answered. Yesterday, Gammons stonewalled me, and I was glad to see at least one Sox question got in but as always they never directly answer the question.
Frank had one major injury, but Griffy had injury after injury. Griffy was plagued with em, but Frank only had one.

thecell
06-15-2004, 12:50 PM
This was my favorite question from the chat:

Josh (Miami): Peter - I know you prefer Red Sox questions, but let's take a break from those and spend some time on the Marlins. Clearly they need help a cather. Who's available for them? Any chance that Pudge might come back?

OEO Magglio
06-15-2004, 12:55 PM
This was my favorite question from the chat:Lol also my favorite. I sent in a ton of different questions but of course he didn't answer any of them.:angry:

SOXintheBURGH
06-15-2004, 01:04 PM
Where do said chats exist? Linky?

thecell
06-15-2004, 01:42 PM
Where do said chats exist? Linky?
Here you go... http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5372

jackbrohamer
06-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Matt (Chicago, IL): Is Shingo Takatsu the right man for the closer's spot in Chicago, or will Kenny Williams have to make another move for a reliever?

http://proxy.espn.go.com/media/other/2002/0429/photo/gammons_s.gifPeter Gammons: I think Marte can also close and I think Williams right now is more interested in a starter.
Cripes can't he ever talk about anything but GM-related rumors?

FarWestChicago
06-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Cripes can't he ever talk about anything but GM-related rumors?:boston

Look, I used to make a perfectly good living reporting about steamship and stagecoach companies. Now I get paid a fortune to make up crap for ESPN the Tabloid. It's a good gig if you can get it.

SoxFan76
06-15-2004, 03:04 PM
Somehow he forgot about Frank's torn bicep...

Pretty sure it was his tricep. See, I don't even remember because there wasn't a Frank watch in the Tribune.