PDA

View Full Version : Contreras to the Sox?

joeynach
06-15-2004, 10:48 AM
I know bruce levine mentioned this earlier, but i really hope it doesn't happen. He said Contreras would be brought here to be the closer, but who wants someone elses hand me down. Jose sucks and has been a pretty big dissapoitment. Then why in the hell would you want to bring him here, closer or no closer. He stinks, i dont want him.

bobj4400
06-15-2004, 10:49 AM
I heard something about this, but nothing definite. What did Bruuuuuuuuce Levine say?

SoxxoS
06-15-2004, 10:49 AM
If the MODS would change the exclamation point to a question mark in the title, that would be great.

mantis1212
06-15-2004, 10:50 AM
If the MODS would change the exclamation point to a question mark in the title, that would be great.
Yeah no kidding, I thought a deal went down.

Tekijawa
06-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Nardi's comming back?

bennyw41
06-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeah no kidding, I thought a deal went down.
Yea, because this thread is misleading....
:threadsucks

The Wimperoo
06-15-2004, 10:56 AM
Definitely, that scared the crap out of me

HITMEN OF 77
06-15-2004, 11:04 AM
Yea, that deal would be No Bueno!

HomerCoach
06-15-2004, 11:06 AM
How about "?" instead of "!" in the title?

joeynach
06-15-2004, 11:09 AM
Definitely, that scared the crap out of me
I fixed it OK, relax. Jeez!

joeynach
06-15-2004, 11:13 AM
I heard something about this, but nothing definite. What did Bruuuuuuuuce Levine say?
Bruce said that there was a deal on the table that would have sent contreras here after the whole koch debalce on the west coast. But the deal fell apart when kevin brown got injured and it looks like the yankees needed contreras longer then they thought. He said KW was gonna bring him here to be the closer. But thank the lord this deal never went through. Contreras sucks!

DirtySouthsider
06-15-2004, 11:22 AM
I fixed it OK, relax. Jeez!

It's too late!!!!...a half dozen guys have already jumped off a bridge.

They make it sound like you told them their dog just got hit by a car.

joeynach
06-15-2004, 11:30 AM
It's too late!!!!...a half dozen guys have already jumped off a bridge.

They make it sound like you told them their dog just got hit by a car.
Well i changed it in the thread, but i cant change it on the thread listing page. Help MODS, change the ! to a ? i made a mistake.

JRIG
06-15-2004, 11:36 AM
There you go. Should be fixed. No more jumping off buildings. Though I'm not sure this would be a terrible move anyway...

nasox
06-15-2004, 10:39 PM
There you go. Should be fixed. No more jumping off buildings. Though I'm not sure this would be a terrible move anyway...
TOO LATE (although I'm not sure how I am posting this)!:redneck

doublem23
06-15-2004, 10:41 PM
TOO LATE (although I'm not sure how I am posting this)!:redneck
Wireless internet is great thing.

gogosoxgogo
06-20-2004, 03:25 PM
A little more info here... today I heard Bruce Levine on talking baseball say that this deal would have included Jeremy Reed. Ouch... that could have been pretty damn brutal. Reed for Contreras? Talk about a bad trade.

Iguana775
06-20-2004, 05:55 PM
A little more info here... today I heard Bruce Levine on talking baseball say that this deal would have included Jeremy Reed. Ouch... that could have been pretty damn brutal. Reed for Contreras? Talk about a bad trade.
I hope A-Rod was involved! lol. :)

JRIG
06-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Which makes me think of KW's quote...."Would I do something stupid? Maybe."

Jjav829
06-20-2004, 10:50 PM
I'm not surprised. My guess is that the Yankees were looking to get good prospects out of the deal, and would have swallowed nearly all of his contract. Levine said yesterday that it would have been Reed and another high AA prospect. He also said he doesn't expect it to happen now.

A. Cavatica
06-20-2004, 11:20 PM
And then the Yankees would turn Reed around and acquire Garcia, or Sheets, or Beltran with him. Funny how infinite payroll flexibility solves the "depleted farm system" problem, isn't it?

I could find room for Contreras in our pen -- not as closer, but as a replacement for Adkins/Politte/Jackson -- but the Yankees would have to eat the contract and take a lesser talent than Jeremy Reed.

gosox41
06-21-2004, 09:22 AM
I'm not surprised. My guess is that the Yankees were looking to get good prospects out of the deal, and would have swallowed nearly all of his contract. Levine said yesterday that it would have been Reed and another high AA prospect. He also said he doesn't expect it to happen now.
I hope it doesn't. It would be a bad trade.

Bob

Jjav829
06-21-2004, 10:38 AM
And then the Yankees would turn Reed around and acquire Garcia, or Sheets, or Beltran with him. Funny how infinite payroll flexibility solves the "depleted farm system" problem, isn't it?

I could find room for Contreras in our pen -- not as closer, but as a replacement for Adkins/Politte/Jackson -- but the Yankees would have to eat the contract and take a lesser talent than Jeremy Reed.
That's not going to happen though. If they are going to swallow his whole contract, they're going to want something good in return. And I think they probably would have turned Reed around and went after Garcia. Though if they wanted to do that, you'd think they definitely would want to make the trade now with Brown's health a question. So maybe they planned on using Reed for something else.

ndgt10
06-21-2004, 11:12 AM
Watching Contreras last night, the guy has real good stuff. 95+ fastball and a pretty devastating 80-84 mph splitter. However, his control is what gives him trouble. Last night he gave up 4 in the 2nd inning, but nothing after that. I would love having this guy on our team either as a starter or reliever, but not at the expense of giving up Reed and another high prospect.