6/15 FLA GARLAND...HOU ZAMBRANO
6/16 FLA SCHOEN.....HOU MADDUX
6/17 FLA LOAIZA.......HOU RUSCH
6/18 MON BUEHRLE...OAK CLEMENT
6/19 MON ? MUNOZ...OAK PRIOR
6/20 MON GARLAND...OAK ZAMBRANO
6/21 CLE SCHOEN......*OFF-DAY*
6/22 CLE LOAIZA........STL MADDUX
6/23 CLE BUEHRLE......STL RUSCH (CLEMENT)
6/24 CLE ? MUNOZ......STL CLEMENT (PRIOR)
6/25 CUBS GARLAND VS. PRIOR (ZAMBRANO)
6/26 CUBS SCHOEN. VS. ZAMBRANO (MADDUX)
6/27 CUBS LOAIZA VS. MADDUX (RUSCH)

kittle42
06-15-2004, 10:17 AM
I would prefer not to face Prior *and* Zambrano.

Oh, well. One out of three.....:o:

DrCrawdad
06-15-2004, 10:24 AM
I would prefer not to face Prior *and* Zambrano.

Oh, well. One out of three.....:o:

The Cubbies have a day off before their series against St. Louis. So there is a chance they'll skip their fifth starter (Rusch) on 6/23. If they do that then the Sox would face Zambrano, Maddux and Rusch.

It's not a forgone conclusion that the Sox will lose to Zambrano. IIRC Zambrano started twice against the Sox last year and the Sox beat him once and nearly beat him in the other start. The Sox kicked Zambrano's (butt) when he was working out of the Cubbie bullpen.

bobj4400
06-15-2004, 10:25 AM
those matchups dont look to good for us...that is why they play the games though. i see a 3-3 record for the year.

HomerCoach
06-15-2004, 10:34 AM
those matchups dont look to good for us...that is why they play the games though. i see a 3-3 record for the year.
Are you kidding? 6-0 BABY! WE ARE THE FIRST PLACE WHITE SOX!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

eurotrash35
06-15-2004, 10:43 AM
yikes, I don't like the sound of garland vs. prior :o:

delben91
06-15-2004, 10:50 AM

Yeah, Prior can be dominating. I don't so much think Garland would pitch poorly, but if they're both at their best, Prior > Garland.

HomerCoach
06-15-2004, 10:55 AM
Yeah, Prior can be dominating. I don't so much think Garland would pitch poorly, but if they're both at their best, Prior > Garland. Sox Offense > Cub Offense
We will spank the Scrubs!

bobj4400
06-15-2004, 10:57 AM
as bad as that sounds, i think schoney v. zambrano might sound worse.

zambrano has been lights out this year and schoney has started to look like the schoney we expected to see when Schoe's Foes was founded early this spring...

bennyw41
06-15-2004, 11:03 AM
I don't know about you, but I WANT to face the best they have. I don't want excuses when we beat them up.

CHISOXFAN13
06-15-2004, 11:16 AM
I did some further research to figure out who would toss in the series at the Shrine.

If we win the first two there, Buerhle will be on the bump in front of a prime time nationwide audience.

Me likey.

Blueprint1
06-15-2004, 11:25 AM
sox starters will pitch great if they get the same strike zone as the cubs starters. Use St.Louis as an example or how about the Pirates these teams starters seem to pitch much better when they get a cubs sized strike zone.

SOXintheBURGH
06-15-2004, 12:41 PM
I hope we face the Messiah and Zambrano 3 times each this year so we can crush both of them and then laugh and flex.

:canseco

Whitesox029
06-15-2004, 07:16 PM
yikes, I don't like the sound of garland vs. prior :o:Anything can happen, my friend....anything can happen.....

A. Cavatica
06-15-2004, 10:44 PM
The Cubbies have a day off before their series against St. Louis. So there is a chance they'll skip their fifth starter (Rusch) on 6/23. If they do that then the Sox would face Zambrano, Maddux and Rusch.
Seems unlikely. If you're the Cubs, wouldn't you rather send your 5th starter against Cleveland and give the rest of your rotation a day of rest, than send your 5th starter out against the Sox?

SOXSINCE'70
06-15-2004, 10:55 PM
I don't know about you, but I WANT to face the best they have. I don't want excuses when we beat them up.I agree,Benny.If the Sox are in 1st place in the A.L. (Comedy) Central,then they have to prove they can handle the best their opponents have to offer.How big was it to come back from a 4-0 deficit and win tonight?? HUGE!!!!

I can't state this fact enough times;last year,the Sox lose this game!!
NO EXCUSES!! OZZIEBALL WILL BE READY FOR THE sCrUBS!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

OEO Magglio
06-15-2004, 11:02 PM
I don't know about you, but I WANT to face the best they have. I don't want excuses when we beat them up.That makes two of us, the sox can beat their best. I hated hearing last year well the sox didn't have to face prior.

A. Cavatica
06-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Tonight:

J Rauch 8 5 1 1 0 6

Second straight strong start where he went deep into the game...it may not be enought to salvage his Sox career, but at least it should help his trade value.

Philo-Sox-er
06-16-2004, 12:34 AM
What I like best of all going into the Crosstown Classic is that Ozzie is at the helm. He knows what this rivalry means--therefore, he will certainly have the team fired up the way they should be. I believe this will lead to yet another Sox win of the series!

DrCrawdad
06-16-2004, 12:46 AM
Seems unlikely. If you're the Cubs, wouldn't you rather send your 5th starter against Cleveland and give the rest of your rotation a day of rest, than send your 5th starter out against the Sox?

The question for the almighty Dusty is whether to throw his 5th starter against the Cardinals. If I were to bet, I'd guess that Rusch will make the start against the Cardinals, giving the Cubbies a stronger rotation against the Sox. Of course, if the Cardinals beat Maddux and then the Cards beat Rusch Cubbie fans will be wondering why they didn't adjust their rotation to give them the strongest rotation against their division rival.

Personally I don't really care whom the Cubbies send up against the Sox. If the Cubbies send their best against the Sox then it only makes a series win sweeter. If the Sox were to lose the series, so be it.