PDA

View Full Version : Charlotte 15, Indianapolis 6

A. Cavatica
06-14-2004, 08:34 PM
What, did Buehrle make a guest appearance for the Knights?

Reed: 3 4 3 4 (single, double, homer, walk)

Borchard: 4 0 0 0 (strikeout)

Yeah, Joe was hot for a week, but it passed. I really don't see him ever being as good as Rowand, much less a star. If Kenny trades Reed for pitching instead of Borchard, I'll be livid.

Randar68
06-14-2004, 09:28 PM
What, did Buehrle make a guest appearance for the Knights?

Reed: 3 4 3 4 (single, double, homer, walk)

Borchard: 4 0 0 0 (strikeout)

Yeah, Joe was hot for a week, but it passed. I really don't see him ever being as good as Rowand, much less a star. If Kenny trades Reed for pitching instead of Borchard, I'll be livid.Rowand never did a damned thing in the minor leagues. joe's season at birmingham trumped all of Rowand's minor league "hot-streaks" combined. nott to mention that Joe doesn't look like a baffoon on routine plays and knows how to use his arm in the field. The offensive numbers aren't much hdifferent save for the power that Joe has thaty Rowand doesn't.

A. Cavatica
06-14-2004, 09:33 PM
Wow, Randar, you dare speak out against Rowand?

I don't think Borchard will be as good. Take that whichever way you care to.

Randar68
06-14-2004, 10:30 PM
Wow, Randar, you dare speak out against Rowand?

I don't think Borchard will be as good. Take that whichever way you care to.
Rowand couldn't hold his jock, TODAY.

Take that whichever way you care to.

TaylorStSox
06-14-2004, 10:47 PM
I just don't understand the people that are so down on Joe. If he could just stay healthy, he'd really open people's eyes.

pudge
06-15-2004, 01:17 AM
I just don't understand the people that are so down on Joe. If he could just stay healthy, he'd really open people's eyes.
It might have something to do with him having no strike-zone discipline...

Randar, what are your thoughts on Borchard vs. Reed?

Chisoxfn
06-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Borchard is on the verge of putting up a monster season with the Knights. He's been showing signs of it and his hot streak was more then a week. Other then the past two nights he's still been doing good despite battling through more injuries.

He's doing a much better job with his swing and is back to generating a lot of bad speed and power. He'll be in Chicago before the end of the year and his blip is starting to light back up on my prospect list.

Heck, even Rauch had a really good start his last outing (9k's in 7 innings if I recall). I still don't like Rauch, at least not yet.

On another minor leauge note, Thomas Brice was promoted to Winston Salem while Ricardo Nanita was demoted to Kanny. Becker (DH for the Hogs) was also promoted to Birmingham.

By the way, 1st post since the switch and I just want to say Dave, FWC, and everyone else involved in the switch of the board, you guys did a great job :)

Chisoxfn
06-15-2004, 01:45 AM
It might have something to do with him having no strike-zone discipline...

Randar, what are your thoughts on Borchard vs. Reed? I'm not Randar, but my two cents is that Borchard is closer to the majors then Reed. I think the White Sox are going to use this as a growing period for Reed and this spring Reed will get his chance. You probably will see Reed up at one point in September to get a little experience and maybe be used as a pinch runner or late inning defensive placement.

Reed's wrist is not 100% and its effecting him. Despite his recent slump he has been drawing an increasing number of walks in Charlotte and his strikeout rate is still good. Borchard will be up first though, imo, because he has a little bit of major league experience and to be honest he's played better in Charlotte this year.

Projection wise, I'd say Reed is more likely to be a good player. I don't know what Borchard will turn into, he still has a chance of turning into a really good player, but he could just as well turn into a bust or a backup outfielder or what not. The safer bet is on Reed.

The guy I really like (i know you didn't bring him up) is Chris Young. He is an outfielder for Kanny who is very fast, draws the ocassional walk, has a good arm, and can hit for power. He's still very raw and strikes out a lot. He goes in streaks as of now, but has "5 tool potential", although that phrase gets thrown around way too much nowadays.

OEO Magglio
06-15-2004, 01:56 AM
I'm not Randar, but my two cents is that Borchard is closer to the majors then Reed. I think the White Sox are going to use this as a growing period for Reed and this spring Reed will get his chance. You probably will see Reed up at one point in September to get a little experience and maybe be used as a pinch runner or late inning defensive placement.

Reed's wrist is not 100% and its effecting him. Despite his recent slump he has been drawing an increasing number of walks in Charlotte and his strikeout rate is still good. Borchard will be up first though, imo, because he has a little bit of major league experience and to be honest he's played better in Charlotte this year.

Projection wise, I'd say Reed is more likely to be a good player. I don't know what Borchard will turn into, he still has a chance of turning into a really good player, but he could just as well turn into a bust or a backup outfielder or what not. The safer bet is on Reed.

The guy I really like (i know you didn't bring him up) is Chris Young. He is an outfielder for Kanny who is very fast, draws the ocassional walk, has a good arm, and can hit for power. He's still very raw and strikes out a lot. He goes in streaks as of now, but has "5 tool potential", although that phrase gets thrown around way too much nowadays.And your love for Chris Young continues.:D:

Chisoxfn
06-15-2004, 01:58 AM
And your love for Chris Young continues.:D: :D:, I couldn't resist talking about my favorite not so mentioned prospect, loll.

maurice
06-15-2004, 12:39 PM
B-ham and Kanny won also, though without the shock-and-awe of the Charlotte game.

Munoz got the win for B-ham, going 7 strong (only 1 ER and 9 Ks). Baj gave up a run :o: but struck out the side (again). The staff held Sosa to 1-for-4 with a K. Spidale was 3-for-4 with a HR. Morse had a walk and a 3B.

Flores won for Kanny, giving up 2 ER and striking out 7 in 7 innings. Brice was 3-for-4 with a walk in what figures to be his last appearance before swapping teams with Nanita. Schnurstein was 2-for-5 with a HR, and Young hit 2 doubles.