PDA

View Full Version : Beef/Question

Corlose 15
06-14-2004, 04:45 PM
I went to the Sox Braves game on Sunday, my second game of the year. Naturally I was a much happier fan after the game as the first one I went to was the Jon Rauch affair.

Anyways, I have both a beef and a question for fellow sox fans. My beef is why do the hat shops at Sox Park sell only ugly variations of the current hat and no retro ones? I was looking for either a 1983 hat or the one with the crossed socks from the 20's. I ended up settling for a blue hat w/ the batter/sox logo from 1983.

Now for my question, should I have just gone to GrandStand(sp)? Do they have retro sox hats in stock? I didn't go before the game because I for some reason thought it was a sports bar, and after the game I had already bought a hat and there was a large line.

soltrain21
06-14-2004, 04:55 PM
You should of went to the Hall of Fame store behind home plate. They sell vintage hats.

Jurr
06-14-2004, 04:58 PM
Grandstand has just about every hat you could ask for.

na_na_na_na
06-14-2004, 05:17 PM
LIDZ has the crossed sox hat you were looking for.

Foulke You
06-14-2004, 05:22 PM
Either the Sox hall of fame gift shop right behind home plate or Grandstand at 35th and Wallace will have all of your Sox hat needs.

TornLabrum
06-14-2004, 05:56 PM
As for the reason you can't get them at the New Era Cap Corner, it's because they don't make the retro caps.

Corlose 15
06-14-2004, 06:47 PM
The shop behind home plate had only variations on the current hat.(From what I saw, it was pretty crowded after the game) I'll have to check Grandstand next time I go in for a game. Thanks for the input.

sas1974
06-14-2004, 08:32 PM
The shop behind home plate had only variations on the current hat.(From what I saw, it was pretty crowded after the game) I'll have to check Grandstand next time I go in for a game. Thanks for the input.
You have to stay in the first room for the retro stuff. The main shop on the left has the new stuff.