PDA

View Full Version : Following the Sox on the road

joeynach
06-14-2004, 03:39 PM
This will be my first time following the Sox on the road. I will be in south florida this time tomorrow night. I wanted to know how friendly our players and coachers are to home town faithful on the road. I want to get the park early and try and mingle with our players, get some autographs, maybe a ball. I was wondering what everyones experience with this has been. Also, how friendly is everyone on the team if you like camp out at their hotel. I know they are staying at the Mariott Marina in Ft. Lauderdale and was planning on going there to try and hang out with the team post game. Maybe have a drink at the bar, chat, get some pics, whatever. Just wondering how much of reality this really is.

IlliniSox
06-14-2004, 03:43 PM
I had a blast last September in Boston, my buddy played pool with Rowand. I'm not the type to ask for an autograph, I prefer to just talk to the guys instead of looking at them like big-shots. Everyone on the team will shake your hand an talk for a minute.

joeywpb
06-14-2004, 04:43 PM
I will be going to a couple of games in Maimi as well. I live in Palm Beach, and this is there first trip down here. I've lived here since '95, and will sometimes drive to Tampa(like I did this season) just to see them play live. My good friend is an autograph freak and I asked him if I can tag along, but I usually don't bother for autographs. I have a picture phone with some of there pixs from tampa, but the quality is not good.