PDA

View Full Version : Frank this week

compy75
06-14-2004, 01:02 PM
The Sox play 6 games this week on the road in NL Parks. Obviously no DH will exist. The way Frank is swinging the bat, and his Saturday 1b performance makes me think he should play every game like he did last year. What do you think?

JRIG
06-14-2004, 01:03 PM
The Sox play 6 games this week on the road in NL Parks. Obviously no DH will exist. The way Frank is swinging the bat, and his Saturday 1b performance makes me think he should play every game like he did last year. What do you think?
I think it would be silly and not condusive to winning to do anything else.

delben91
06-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Barring a complete meltdown (0-11 against the Marlins or something), I say keep frank in at first for all 6.

compy75
06-14-2004, 02:18 PM
Man we're usually in an consensus with this stuff!!

mdep524
06-14-2004, 02:22 PM
Barring a complete meltdown (0-11 against the Marlins or something), I say keep frank in at first for all 6.
The way Frank is swinging right now, I would say he should be in there for all 6 games as well. The only thing is, if Pauly doesn't play regularly for a whole week, will he lose his very delicate rhythm and go cold?

delben91
06-14-2004, 03:02 PM
The way Frank is swinging right now, I would say he should be in there for all 6 games as well. The only thing is, if Pauly doesn't play regularly for a whole week, will he lose his very delicate rhythm and go cold?

That's a fair point. My gut reaction would be to say, "Frank hot > Konerko hot." However, even when Frank isn't swinging well, he still draws walks and finds a way to be mildly productive. Konerko on the other hand turns into GIDPK. So maybe getting Paulie some swings wouldn't be a bad idea.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-14-2004, 03:17 PM
Frank's presence in that lineup, hot or not, makes a huge impact. He better play all six at first this week. If he doesn't, note the difference in that game.

I can't wait to see the kind of numbers he puts up this week - hopefully he will stay at first even at the conclusion of interleague games if he has a monster week.

doublem23
06-15-2004, 12:29 AM
With no Magglio in the lineup you have to have Frank's bat there. Sorry Paul.

steff
06-15-2004, 07:53 AM

Play him.

BTW compy... long time no see. Hope life's treatin ya good. :gulp:

compy75
06-15-2004, 10:12 AM
Steff, I've been making my rounds around here for the past few months. The AOL got too personal and inside joke related for my liking.

steff
06-15-2004, 12:05 PM
Steff, I've been making my rounds around here for the past few months. The AOL got too personal and inside joke related for my liking.

Tell me about it... I'm on a break this week. My BP has gone down 50 points! :D:

Whitesox029
06-15-2004, 09:47 PM
The way Frank is swinging right now, I would say he should be in there for all 6 games as well. The only thing is, if Pauly doesn't play regularly for a whole week, will he lose his very delicate rhythm and go cold?Yes he will, and that's why we need to split them up evenly. I say alternate. Start Paulie tomorrow, Frank thursday, and so on. And leave room for improvisation--if Paul goes 0-fer in his first two, give his third to Frank.

ode to veeck
06-15-2004, 10:06 PM
You gotta play Frank at 1st for the NL Park games. He hits better when he plays the field. Its nice of him to give up the 1B slot to Paulie for the rest of the season as there's nowhere else for Paulie:D:

OurBitchinMinny
06-16-2004, 12:57 AM
Can konerko play anywhere else? I doubt he can, and the only place I would put him is 3rd, but crede has been doing a little better. I say play frank for the marlins series, bring konerko to ph for the pitcher or a crappy hitter (rowand). Then give frank two games off against montreal because they suck real bad at baseball

MetalliSox
06-16-2004, 11:02 AM
Tell me about it... I'm on a break this week. My BP has gone down 50 points! :D:
We AOLers know how power hungry you are, Steff! You LIKE LAYING DOWN THE LAW!!!

Mohoney
06-16-2004, 11:29 AM
That's a fair point. My gut reaction would be to say, "Frank hot > Konerko hot." However, even when Frank isn't swinging well, he still draws walks and finds a way to be mildly productive. Konerko on the other hand turns into GIDPK. So maybe getting Paulie some swings wouldn't be a bad idea.

That's why I voted for 4 games. Give Paulie 2 games at 1st and give him 1 game at 3rd against the Expos. I'm sorry, but we need to sacrifice Crede's defense for 1 game to keep Paulie in sync offensively.

RKMeibalane
06-16-2004, 11:32 AM
That's why I voted for 4 games. Give Paulie 2 games at 1st and give him 1 game at 3rd against the Expos. I'm sorry, but we need to sacrifice Crede's defense for 1 game to keep Paulie in sync offensively.
Ozzie considered doing this, but decided against it. Konerko isn't good enough defensively at third base to warrant benching Crede. The best way to get Konerko playing time during this road-trip is as a pinch-hitter or defensive replacement. Frank is swinging the bat well right now, so he needs to be out there as often as possible. It's unfortunate that Paulie can't play, because he is also swinging the bat well, but that's just the way it is.

idseer
06-16-2004, 11:37 AM
... I say play frank for the marlins series, bring konerko to ph for the pitcher or a crappy hitter (rowand). ...
i don't know if anyone is paying attention, but aaron is hitting .275 with an ops over .800. and there have been a few clutch hits in the mix. i'm not sure i'd label that as crappy.

Mohoney
06-16-2004, 01:25 PM
Ozzie considered doing this, but decided against it. Konerko isn't good enough defensively at third base to warrant benching Crede. The best way to get Konerko playing time during this road-trip is as a pinch-hitter or defensive replacement. Frank is swinging the bat well right now, so he needs to be out there as often as possible. It's unfortunate that Paulie can't play, because he is also swinging the bat well, but that's just the way it is.

Damn NL... :angry: