PDA

View Full Version : My Patience with KW is getting thin.

Champs2004
06-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Personally, i'm waiting like hell for a damn trade to happen. What exactly is KW doing? His time for getting a starter is fading.

anewman35
06-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Um. No offense, but this has got to be one of the stupidest threads ever. KW can't do a thing unless there's somebody out there on the block. How can you blame him if there's nobody out there to get?

MetalliSox
06-14-2004, 01:05 PM
Unfortunatley, there are two sides to every trade. KW is out there, being aggressive, he just needs to have the other side cooperate.

Dadawg_77
06-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Um. No offense, but this has got to be one of the stupidest threads ever. KW can't do a thing unless there's somebody out there on the block. How can you blame him if there's nobody out there to get?
People are on the block just the price is too high and you want to make sure you know what your team can do before you do something. Kenny is right to wait for the right deal.

soxnut
06-14-2004, 01:06 PM
A trade happens when it happens. Don't you think KW wants to make a trade? I'd love to see one happen "right now" as well, but I don't want him to give away the farm. He's got to be trying, but there are other teams involved as well. Of course the other teams have to look out for themselves and get the best deal. It can get frustrating.

jabrch
06-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Personally, i'm waiting like hell for a damn trade to happen. What exactly is KW doing? His time for getting a starter is fading.
Nobody is available yet at reasonable prices. If KW made a deal, and paid what Seattle wanted for Garcia right now - would you jump all over his ass for having made a deal? What SPs have been traded so far during the season that KW missed a chance to get? (NONE) What deals has KW been asleep at the wheel and missed? (NONE) How is "time for getting starter fading" while we are in first place and the trade deadline is still FAR off?

South Side
06-14-2004, 01:09 PM
KW has said he's on the phone with numerous GM's every day. He's making the effort just give him some time. Maybe you'll be suprised come Saturday...

Lip Man 1
06-14-2004, 01:10 PM
Right now there are still a number of teams with pitching who still consider themselves 'in' the race. It's still a little early.

Only a handful of teams (10?) can consider themselves 'out' of it and they simply may not have what the Sox want or the asking price right now may be to high.

I think when all is said and done, Williams will get 'somebody.' Whether that person is the guy the Sox really wanted or whether he can be a difference maker remains to be seen.

Lip

Tekijawa
06-14-2004, 01:13 PM
First of all where is teal and Deep pink? I leave for the weekend and everything changes!

Second it was pointed out some where that the fifth Starter will pitch Two more times this month, If I have to Sit through two more games knowing that I get to keep Reed, borchard, sweeney, Munoz, etc... then let it be, I've seen about 30+ losses come out of that spot over the past 2 years what's another 2?

hold2dibber
06-14-2004, 01:17 PM
First of all, I'd like to say I love the phrase "waiting like hell" - that cracks me up. That's some mighty ferocious waiting you've got goin' on there!:D:

I think everyone wants another starter - but I think it's always a mistake to blame a GM for not making a deal. Neither you nor I know who is available or how much they're asking. I'm sure you don't advocate a bad trade just for the sake of making a deal. Without knowing the particulars of what other GMs are telling KW, it's just not reasonable to criticize him.

CHISOXFAN13
06-14-2004, 01:22 PM
First of all where is teal and Deep pink? I leave for the weekend and everything changes!

Second it was pointed out some where that the fifth Starter will pitch Two more times this month, If I have to Sit through two more games knowing that I get to keep Reed, borchard, sweeney, Munoz, etc... then let it be, I've seen about 30+ losses come out of that spot over the past 2 years what's another 2?

I agree, and I expect the fifth starter, whomever it will be, will win Saturdat at le Montreal.

Frater Perdurabo
06-14-2004, 01:51 PM
Kenny knows that this team doesn't "need" another starter until Saturday.

But even then, he also knows that he doesn't want to over-pay for a starting pitcher.

He doesn't have all the time in the world to make a deal, but let's give him the opportunity to bring "the other team's" asking price down from the stratosphere.

Frater Perdurabo
06-14-2004, 01:53 PM
Kenny knows that this team doesn't "need" another starter until Saturday.

But even then, he also knows that he doesn't want to over-pay for a starting pitcher.

He doesn't have all the time in the world to make a deal, but let's give him the opportunity to bring "the other team's" asking price down from the stratosphere.

Conversely, the past few weeks likely have seen a rise in the trade value of Paul Konerko and/or Carlos Lee. :cool:

duke of dorwood
06-14-2004, 01:57 PM
I dont think a trade will happen until AFTER interleague play.