PDA

View Full Version : Homerun Leaders

Maximo
06-14-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm posting this more or less because I haven't been visiting WSI much lately and I wanted to make sure I understood the new format. Looks great..BTW!!

I just finished scanning some baseball statistics and saw that a handful of guys...Bonds, Thome and a couple of others.... are leading the Major Leagues in homeruns with 18. Projecting this out for an entire season means that the leaders are on a pace to finish with 40-45 homeruns by the end of September.
Frank is on his normal pace and projects to somewhere between 35 and 40.

I don't know if the collective homerun production for the entire league is down from recent years, but I sure do find it curious that 40-45 homers will lead the league come October when as little as a couple of years ago...50-55 wouldn't get you close.

I think I know part of the answer.

If you folks have already had this discussion recently...pardon me. Like I said, I haven't been around much lately and wanted to 'test' the new site.

Dadawg_77
06-14-2004, 11:58 AM
I'm posting this more or less because I haven't been visiting WSI much lately and I wanted to make sure I understood the new format. Looks great..BTW!!

I just finished scanning some baseball statistics and saw that a handful of guys...Bonds, Thome and a couple of others.... are leading the Major Leagues in homeruns with 18. Projecting this out for an entire season means that the leaders are on a pace to finish with 40-45 homeruns by the end of September.
Frank is on his normal pace and projects to somewhere between 35 and 40.

I don't know if the collective homerun production for the entire league is down from recent years, but I sure do find it curious that 40-45 homers will lead the league come October when as little as a couple of years ago...50-55 wouldn't get you close.

I think I know part of the answer.

If you folks have already had this discussion recently...pardon me. Like I said, I haven't been around much lately and wanted to 'test' the new site.
Home runs pre game, at this point, is up from last year. Most Homerun hitters make major strides in the months of June and July. Espically hitters from cold weather cities.