PDA

View Full Version : T-Shirt launchers

Railsplitter
06-14-2004, 09:17 AM
Apparently, Friday night was the first between innings t-shirt launch. The first thing to come to mind was the death of Maude Flanders.

Baby Fisk
06-14-2004, 09:54 AM
Apparently, Friday night was the first between innings t-shirt launch. The first thing to come to mind was the death of Maude Flanders.
Good thing we've got that new roof on the upper deck to prevent this kind of unintentional fatality. :cool:

inta
06-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Good thing we've got that new roof on the upper deck to prevent this kind of unintentional fatality. :cool:
unless they fall forward...

:o:

"no footlongs!"

Rocky Soprano
06-14-2004, 10:01 AM
They need to get one of those t-shirt guns they use at the United Center so they can shoot some up to the upper deck. I was there on Friday and it was nice to see the Sox doing this.

mantis1212
06-14-2004, 10:20 AM
unless they fall forward...

:o:

"no footlongs!"
"I know, they make you unconfortable...) :cool:

ewokpelts
06-14-2004, 11:31 AM
The simpsons suck. They're no longer funny or interesting.
Gene

ewokpelts
06-14-2004, 11:32 AM
They need to get one of those t-shirt guns they use at the United Center so they can shoot some up to the upper deck. I was there on Friday and it was nice to see the Sox doing this.
But keep the babes. That's a good touch. They have babes with tshirt guns inMilwaukee.
Gene

Mickster
06-14-2004, 11:32 AM
The simpsons suck. They're no longer funny or interesting.
Gene
:?: :whiner:

HawkDJ
06-14-2004, 11:39 AM
The Sox are turning into the Bulls more and more every day (besides the records).

skottyj242
06-14-2004, 11:47 AM
"I guess no one out there wants a free t-shirt"

"That's a damn lie and you know it"

Irishsox1
06-14-2004, 11:57 AM
Don't forget Maude Fladers was stacked. As for the T-shirt launchers, thats great. During the Cubs series, they should put baseballs in them and peg Cubs fans who are blabbing away on their cell phones during the game.

skottyj242
06-14-2004, 12:07 PM
Speaking of Cubs fans, even in Anaheim yesterday they were on their phones: "Do you see me now?"

Baby Fisk
06-14-2004, 12:14 PM
Speaking of Cubs fans, even in Anaheim yesterday they were on their phones: "Do you see me now?"I always figure the people who do the cellphone wave must have a pretty empty, meaningless existence if they find gratification in being seen in the background of a sports telecast.

"Hey, I'm just calling because I think I'm on TV...turn to the game...yeah...can you see me??? WHEEEY!"

Losers.

soxnut
06-14-2004, 01:21 PM
Yeah, those t-shirts sure didn't make it into the upper deck. I would have thought that they wuold have used gun launchers instead of slingshots to get them into the UD. The t-shirt thing is a great idea, just pump up the power Brooks!!:smile:

Railsplitter
06-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Yeah, those t-shirts sure didn't make it into the upper deck. I would have thought that they wuold have used gun launchers instead of slingshots to get them into the UD. The t-shirt thing is a great idea, just pump up the power Brooks!!:smile: I was Five rows back in the lower deck and there wasn't even one aimed my way. I do agree with those who say they need launchers with more range.

Railsplitter
06-14-2004, 01:37 PM
Forgot to ask: did anybody here get one and if so what did it say?

cheeses_h_rice
06-14-2004, 01:42 PM
I was in the Upper Deck yesterday (Sec. 529), and there was indeed a staffer up there throwing out free shirts to our area.

Max Power
06-14-2004, 02:21 PM
But keep the babes. That's a good touch. They have babes with tshirt guns inMilwaukee.
Gene
Speaking of which, I was at the Brewers game on Sunday (first trip to Miller) and they had a girl tossing the ball with the right fielder between innings. She was unbelievable, and she had a cannon arm too! :D:
So I guess she's there for every game, I may have to make more trips to Milwaukee. Great stadium too.
Maybe Brooks can hire her away from the Brewers.....

StillMissOzzie
06-14-2004, 03:35 PM
I was Five rows back in the lower deck and there wasn't even one aimed my way. I do agree with those who say they need launchers with more range.
Let's check in with the resident firearms affecianado. Daver, can you get the Sox an ELEPHANT T-Shirt gun?

SMO
:D:

LuvSox
06-14-2004, 04:16 PM
The guns were out last year during the Home Run Derby, not even close to the upper deck. More balls for the t-shirt guns!!!!!! :bandance:

CubKiller
06-14-2004, 04:17 PM
Yeah, those t-shirts sure didn't make it into the upper deck.I'm not saying they couldn't use more launchers, but there were shirts being launched FROM the upper deck in at least one location.

I was in 531 (on Friday), and the launchers were just over to my left.

You shoulda seen me diving all over the place. I caught five of em and the crowd went bananas cheering me on.

Okay, okay, I really caught zero.

But there really were shirts being launched from the upper deck.

Now that I think about it, I think the girls were throwing the shirts. I don't think they brought an actual slingshot to the UD.

sox_fan_forever
06-14-2004, 09:16 PM
I was in 531 yesterday and there was someone in that area throwing t-shirts up. She wasn't using the gun thing, just throwing them up. I looked around and spied the same being done in other sections around me.

TornLabrum
06-14-2004, 09:44 PM
Saturday in the lower deck they had people on the field using those big slingshots like they use at Kane Co. to launch those soft balls and water balloons.

Clembasbal
06-14-2004, 10:02 PM
I would have to say that they need to get some kids that actually have practiced using the sling shot for the shirts. At least 7 or 10 times did the shirt go about 5 feet in front of them (along the 3rd base line).

Also, I was in the front row at Friday's game in left field (my usual seats) and some old biker guy stuck his hand out and richocheted it past me. Then he laughed...if you ain't going to catch it don't try, because you ruin it for the rest of us!

I would have known what it said, but that hack got in the way.