PDA

View Full Version : Tribe hanging in there

OurBitchinMinny
06-14-2004, 01:42 AM
Cleveland is only 4.5 out. Does anyone think this could turn into a 3 team race? Cleveland definitely has a weak bullpen, but they have 3 solids starters and some good young players. Of course if we sweep them in a week or so in that 4 gamer they are done, but they are still in the picture. I think next year they will be a real threat.

doublem23
06-14-2004, 01:47 AM
Cleveland is only 4.5 out. Does anyone think this could turn into a 3 team race?
No.

iwannago
06-14-2004, 08:30 AM
I second that.

:supernana:

soxtalker
06-14-2004, 08:46 AM
If they are hanging in there, it is always a possibility. They have a young ball club, and it could even get younger by selling off any remaining veterans. Young teams are hurt by their inexperience, but they are hungry. Also, they are hard to predict, since they don't have a track record.

Of course, I'm bit more concerned about the Twins, Yankees, Red Sox, Angels, and A's.

elrod
06-14-2004, 09:36 AM
The Indians are only a few games back but they haven't been able to sustain any winning momentum. They'll win about 5 in a row...then lose 5 in a row. Same with Detroit, actually. I think Cleveland will end up with 75 wins. Detroit will end up with 77 wins. Neither are threats for the division.

lowesox
06-14-2004, 11:20 AM
I think Cleveland is going to be a big pain in the ass... next year. This year, I think they'll just be a pain in the ass.

Mickster
06-14-2004, 02:49 PM
They're up 14-0 in the bottom of the 5th today vs. Baltimore.... :o:

Philo-Sox-er
06-14-2004, 02:58 PM
If it wasn't for their crappy bullpen, they'd be neck and neck with the Sox, if not ahead. They have bown more saves than any team I believe.

pinwheels3530
06-14-2004, 06:23 PM
I still wouldn't over look them or the tigers, we still have to beat these guys to win the division. I HATE BOTH TEAMS!!!:mad:

fquaye149
06-14-2004, 06:44 PM
If it wasn't for their crappy bullpen, they'd be neck and neck with the Sox, if not ahead. They have bown more saves than any team I believe.

If it wasn't for our crappy closer, we'd be 3.5 games up on the twins.

IF it wasn't for Maggs being hurt we'd be up even more

If JM hadn't been our manager last year we coul dhave won the WS

a lot of IF's in baseball

OEO Magglio
06-14-2004, 06:50 PM
If it wasn't for our crappy closer, we'd be 3.5 games up on the twins.

IF it wasn't for Maggs being hurt we'd be up even more

If JM hadn't been our manager last year we coul dhave won the WS

a lot of IF's in baseballYup. I'm not very worried about them this year. Some minor acquisitions in their pen for next year and they could be a huge threat.

SoxFan76
06-14-2004, 07:24 PM
The Tigers and Indians may win a few more games this year, but those games will be 8-7, 9-8, 10-9 games. And you can't rely on scoring runs all year. Lack of pitching will catch up with any team.

Nard
06-14-2004, 07:28 PM
We're catching up with Cleveland, not the other way around.

And they seem to do real good with weekend home games (16-1 or something) and they just had a weekend home series.

Nothing to be worried about. It will be a 1-team race by the All-Star break.

gosox3072
06-14-2004, 09:19 PM
Nothing to be worried about. It will be a 1-team race by the All-Star break.
I HIGHLY doubt this, we have a really tough schedule while the Twins play a cupcake schedule until the end of july. After this though, the tables turn and that is when i believe we will take control

TaylorStSox
06-14-2004, 09:31 PM
It's obvious that Cleveland's a team on the rise. Anybody who's followed the minors for the last few years is aware of this. They have a ton of talent but they're young. They'll be more than a thorn in our side in upcoming years.

Also, the Brewers are legit. If they can hold on to their youngsters, they'll be a force for a few years. Hence, the reluctance to deal Sheets.

I still think he can be available, but some team is going to have to overwelm them.

chisoxfan79
06-14-2004, 10:01 PM
I agree they would be in first place if it wasn't for theyre crappy pen. I told a friend at the begining of the year they had the best rotation in the Division and I still think they do.

OEO Magglio
06-14-2004, 10:36 PM
It will be a 1-team race by the All-Star break.Unfortunately, I just don't think there is any chance of that happeneing, I hope your right though.

fquaye149
06-14-2004, 10:41 PM
I agree they would be in first place if it wasn't for theyre crappy pen. I told a friend at the begining of the year they had the best rotation in the Division and I still think they do.
maybe 1 through 5, but do you really think their top 4 can compete with ours, even considering the 5th starter?

chisoxfan79
06-14-2004, 10:54 PM
maybe 1 through 5, but do you really think their top 4 can compete with ours, even considering the 5th starter?I think so, Sabathia would have eight or nine wins if it wasn't for the pen, Jake Westbrook has been great so has Cliff Lee. The only one that has been studly in our rotation has been MB, Loaiza is gonna match his homerun total given up last year by the All Star break, Garland has been decent but I have never been a big fan of his and I don't think he will be able to keep it up all season and sho despite his last two starts has been a Surprise, Even though his last two starts he had umpires with the strike zone the size of a dime.

npdempse
06-15-2004, 01:38 AM
FWIW (not a bloody lot), the BBTN guys asked this very question this evening. Kruk thinks if they pull the trigger on some trades, e.g., get Urbina with some prospects, this team is in contention in the Central.

Me, I think the Sox crush them, closers or not. But I'm glad I got Westbrook on my fantasy team when he started heating up! This guy's going to be a major thorn in our sides for a few years to come.

SOXintheBURGH
06-15-2004, 01:53 AM
Yeah but.. they're still Cleveland.:notoons