PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Broadcast

kingpin_rcs
06-14-2004, 12:42 AM
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the broadcast by the Braves on TBS (or Turner South - whatever that is). During the entire game they have an ESPN like ticker of baseball scores and other info (like HRs and pitchers) on the bottom. The Braves announcers had nice things to say about the Sox, the Fans, and even the Cell. The commented on how "we like our fireworks here" and the joked about how the guys that fire them off would have been good during the revolutionary war since they can reload so fast. They also said that each time they go off the ghost of Bill Veck was smiling down. They recommend the book "Veck as in Wreck".

The best, and most surprising part, was at the end of the game they were playing "na-na hey-hey" by Steam (the original version). Mind you, this is the Braves broadcast!

WhiteSox = Life
06-14-2004, 01:04 AM
Heh. I guess if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

:cool:

Nellie_Fox
06-14-2004, 01:09 AM
They also said that each time they go off the ghost of Bill Veck was smiling down. They recommend the book "Veck as in Wreck".Veeck.

fquaye149
06-14-2004, 02:07 AM
isn't skip caray an announcer for the braves?

owensmouth
06-14-2004, 02:15 AM
During the game Saturday they mention some things about US Cellular Field. The Braves announcers said that they had been lead to believe that they'd be dissatisfied with the Cell. They said that they were impressed with the Cell. Hats off to those guys for some friendly and positive observations.

DrCrawdad
06-14-2004, 05:14 AM
During the game Saturday they mention some things about US Cellular Field. The Braves announcers said that they had been lead to believe that they'd be dissatisfied with the Cell. They said that they were impressed with the Cell. Hats off to those guys for some friendly and positive observations.

:chimp
Who would say such things?

thepaulbowski
06-14-2004, 06:39 AM
isn't skip caray an announcer for the braves?Yes he his. I enjoy watching Braves games once in a while because of him. I think he is a very good TV guy.

TomParrish79
06-14-2004, 09:25 AM
Skip Caray, I like to listen to him from time to time during the Braves broadcasts. Plus I like listening to his voice, and the way he says ANDRUW JONES!!

bobj4400
06-14-2004, 11:28 AM
:chimp

"Dad, the Cell is the worst ballpark in the league. Nothing compares with beautiful Wrigley Field, but you should not even mention the Cell in the same conversation. The compartison is laughable. You are going to hate every second there."

kcsportscaster
06-14-2004, 06:06 PM
L-O-L at the last reply!!!! Seriously, thanks for the responses to my first post on this board the other night!!!! I also caught all three games of the Sox/Braves series, the Friday and Sunday games on Turner South and the Saturday game on WGN, and Skip Caray, Pete Van Wieren, Don Sutton, and Joe Simpson all had great things to say about Comiskey, I don't care whose cell phone company's name is now attached to the park!!!! Skip reminiced about his father's days with the Sox, including the fact that he started the "Take Me Out to the Ball Game" seventh inning stretch tradition at old Comiskey, and Joe gave the Sox great praise about the renovations done at new Comiskey, including that there are plans to replace the blue seats with green seats. They usually are complimentary of the Braves opponents and NEVER utter crap similar to what a certain son of one of them uttered directed at Astros left fielder Lance Berkman while he argued a bang/bang play at first base early in the Memorial Day game against the Flubbies. Yes, Chippy boy uttered "Throw him out of the game!!!!" while Berkman argued that particular play!!!! Talk about someone in the broadcasting business who would have been better off staying at his previous gigs, Fox baseball and the television voice of the NBA's Orlando Magic!!!! In other words, Skip is the best Caray in the business, bar none!!!!

As for Sunday's game, Mark Buehrle just plain shut down the Braves. Everything he was throwing worked for him for all eight innings he was out there, and that offense, even without Maggs, was crushing the ball against anybody the Braves threw out there at them, especially Travis Smith, who should be sent to Double-A Greenville, S-C as punishment for ALL of his pathetic outings, the exception being his debut against the Phillies a few weeks back. The Big Hurt tore Braves pitching apart on his own. I also think he hits better when he is playing first base than when he is D-Hing. The Sox offense easily is the best in baseball right now. I look for the Sox to do the same to the Marlins this week down in south Florida. Also, how about Buehrle as the starting pitcher for the A-L in the All-Star game next month in Houston???? He has to be the best pitcher, not only in Chicago, but in the American League overall. I wish I could watch the series against the Marlins. If I am lucky, ESPN could televise the Wednesday night game. Any info on that yet?

Later on,

Ken