PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-13-04 Sox vs. Braves Postgame Thread

Philo-Sox-er
06-13-2004, 05:26 PM
Billy Wagner made it a nail-biter in the Tweenkie Dome, taking 13 pitches to get M. LeCroy out with a man on 2nd and a 1 run lead in the ninth.

The Sox put it together and now we are back in 1st place! Let's not fall out of 1st again!

soltrain21
06-13-2004, 05:28 PM
I have a good feeling we are going to hold it this time. The team is just clicking right now, and they can feel it and they know the fans can feel it now too. I credit alot of it to Shingo. He took alot of weight off of our shoulders last night.

Go Sox!

inta
wow, i wasn't following the twinkies game really, i had no idea it was over.

definitely a nice way to start the week out.

SOXSINCE'70
Billy Wagner made it a nail-biter in the Tweenkie Dome, taking 13 pitches to get M. LeCroy out with a man on 2nd and a 1 run lead in the ninth.

The Sox put it together and now we are back in 1st place! Let's not fall out of 1st again!Wish they could have beat Silva last night.Glad to be back in first.Like you said,LET'S STAY THERE!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

TomParrish79
06-13-2004, 05:32 PM
Great game today by Mark Buehrle. And more great hitting from the offense.

Great to be back in first place.

Brian26
06-13-2004, 05:33 PM
Just like that, things are looking great. Just imagine- this offensive production in the past week is without Magglio. Lots of guys getting key hits when it counts. Jamie Burke with a heck of a game! And Buehrle's 7-1 now.

Frater Perdurabo
06-13-2004, 05:49 PM
Joe Crede looks to be breaking out of his slump as well. IIRC, he has 10 dingers on the year. Considering his walks, his approach at the plate may be improving.
Just think how much the team will click when Maggs comes back. It will be as if the Sox have added another bat to the heart of an already clicking lineup.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

delben91
06-13-2004, 06:29 PM
I go away for the weekend after that pitchingless series with the Phillies and the Sox turn around big time.

I love what Crede seems to be doing the last two games (at least from the box scores). Also, Takatsu looked to be solid in his shot as closer.

Great weekend, now just keep it rolling on the road this week guys!

GO SOX!! :gulp: :gulp:

DaveIsHere
06-13-2004, 06:45 PM
Great game, I redeemed my rainout tickets and sat in the UD for the first time behind home row 17, it really looks nice up there, and another great crowd!!

MRKARNO
06-13-2004, 07:00 PM
-Crede really is starting to hit like the way we know he can

-Thomas is starting to heat up

-Congrats to Carlos on extending the hitting streak

-The offense in general is awesome lately

-The pitching is a little worrisome except Buehlre and Shingo everyone else has been kinda shaky lately

StockdaleForVeep
06-13-2004, 07:24 PM
Went to the game today and took some nice pix, will upload em in a week or so when i get em developed. Great crowd, great game and as usual, great gals at the park. As ive always said, the hottest girls come to comiskey and they all oddly wear konerko jerseys. I guess the college girl scene like strong balding type? In that case im gonna start shaving.

batmanZoSo
06-13-2004, 07:42 PM
Just like that, things are looking great. Just imagine- this offensive production in the past week is without Magglio. Lots of guys getting key hits when it counts. Jamie Burke with a heck of a game! And Buehrle's 7-1 now.
:hawk
Should be 8-1. Hell, should be Nahhhn and one.

batmanZoSo
06-13-2004, 07:53 PM
I also went today with SFV and as Hawk would say, it was awesome. Some of the best seats I've ever had in my life. 1st base side upper deck, directly in line with the pitchers mound...perfect sight line, no head turning, right on top of the action, NOT too far back like everyone says about the UD. I was in the 15th row and the roof stuck out way in front of me. It's a 100% improvement up there with that roof. First time I've been up there since 2001. Only the third time ever for me.

But with the roof you totally feel secure...no more endless sky above you, which to me is the scariest part about being up high somewhere. It was also shady the whole time, perfect breezy weather, comfortable with pants. Couldn't have been more than 80.

A few observations:

Buehrle's awesome. Should be an all-star.
Thomas is awesome. 16 homers. Should be an all-star.
That Furcal homer was an absolute missle. I watched Lee for the whole 2.5 seconds of it because as you may know in the upper deck you just have no clue how far the ball is going. Well, this time I knew it was gone right away because Lee did..not..move. In fact, he almost went without even turning around. It was reminiscent of Mike Greenberg in left at Fenway only turning his head, never taking his hands off his knees underneath a titanic Thomas blast. That thing was mighty impressive and I was able to enjoy it for what it was because we had already buried them by that time.

That thing was SCALDED. Mercy.

StockdaleForVeep
06-14-2004, 12:46 AM
I also went today with SFV and as Hawk would say, it was awesome. Some of the best seats I've ever had in my life. 1st base side upper deck, directly in line with the pitchers mound...perfect sight line, no head turning, right on top of the action, NOT too far back like everyone says about the UD. I was in the 15th row and the roof stuck out way in front of me. It's a 100% improvement up there with that roof. First time I've been up there since 2001. Only the third time ever for me.

But with the roof you totally feel secure...no more endless sky above you, which to me is the scariest part about being up high somewhere. It was also shady the whole time, perfect breezy weather, comfortable with pants. Couldn't have been more than 80.

A few observations:

Buehrle's awesome. Should be an all-star.
Thomas is awesome. 16 homers. Should be an all-star.
That Furcal homer was an absolute missle. I watched Lee for the whole 2.5 seconds of it because as you may know in the upper deck you just have no clue how far the ball is going. Well, this time I knew it was gone right away because Lee did..not..move. In fact, he almost went without even turning around. It was reminiscent of Mike Greenberg in left at Fenway only turning his head, never taking his hands off his knees underneath a titanic Thomas blast. That thing was mighty impressive and I was able to enjoy it for what it was because we had already buried them by that time.

That thing was SCALDED. Mercy.

Lee shoulda just gone to the bullpen for a chair and waited. I was thuroughly pissed furcal hit that big of a rocket, its like watchin juan pierre tee off on your pitcher. We also determined the section next to us is a twilight zone\area of the park which warps regular quantum dynamics, when i get the pix i hope to be able to elaborate.

I never minded the UD before or now, granted every time u see a fly ball u think its gone. I do wish they didnt have the no allowance to the lower level from 500. I was surprised nobody was checkin tix for the UD, then again, unless sold out major game and no where else to sit, who would voluntarily sit there.

elrod
06-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Nice to see the Twins actually lose a close game that they led late. I'm sick of them coming back and winning games late (especially the last one against the Mets). It makes sense a team wins with a strong bullpen. But there is no reason a hitter should be better in late innings than in earlier innings. In fact he should be worse because the pitchers are harder. Yet the Twins and Royals are the only teams to hit better after the 7th inning (and the Royals give up so many runs after the 7th it doesn't matter). That just doesn't make sense.

batmanZoSo
06-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Nice to see the Twins actually lose a close game that they led late. I'm sick of them coming back and winning games late (especially the last one against the Mets). It makes sense a team wins with a strong bullpen. But there is no reason a hitter should be better in late innings than in earlier innings. In fact he should be worse because the pitchers are harder. Yet the Twins and Royals are the only teams to hit better after the 7th inning (and the Royals give up so many runs after the 7th it doesn't matter). That just doesn't make sense.
I left after the eighth and for the last two half-innings I was there I was just watching the scoreboard. I'm sure it was actually over long before I found out. They take forever to update those things.

HomeFish
06-14-2004, 02:10 AM
As ive always said, the hottest girls come to comiskey and they all oddly wear konerko jerseys. I guess the college girl scene like strong balding type? In that case im gonna start shaving.

With Magglio on his way out, Konerko is set to take over as the team's new sex symbol. Unless Willie Harris can get something going, of course...