PDA

View Full Version : Rooney and Farmer Pointed Out...

TornLabrum
06-13-2004, 03:49 PM
that Kenny Wiliams and Magglio Ordonez were sitting in the first row of the fan deck. Let's hope this is a good sign.

nut_stock
06-13-2004, 04:15 PM
that Kenny Wiliams and Magglio Ordonez were sitting in the first row of the fan deck. Let's hope this is a good sign.

When?? pregame???

HomeFish
06-13-2004, 04:20 PM
When?? pregame???

First inning.

KW has a lot of nerve doing this. As recently as this spring, he would be subjecting himself to pure hell from the fans by doing so.

kittle42
06-13-2004, 05:07 PM
They were also shown talking in the fan deck on tv.

CWSGuy406
06-13-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah - they had seats front and center in the Fan Deck, Maggs and Kenny.

Very good sign, IMO. :gulp:

inta
06-13-2004, 05:34 PM
I think that's awesome just from the perspective that he's socializing with the sox fans.

I like when they show GM's hanging out in the stands, or even nutball owners like Mark Cuban.

and yeah, hopefully that's good news on the magglio front.

mikef1331
06-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Hopefully they were having a beer together toasting the upcoming signing of Maggs' new contratct.

SEALgep
06-13-2004, 07:24 PM
First inning.

KW has a lot of nerve doing this. As recently as this spring, he would be subjecting himself to pure hell from the fans by doing so.Why does he have a lot of nerve doing that? I think it shows what kind of person KW is. He doesn't hide from the criticism. It's a good sign from my point of view.

pinwheels3530
06-13-2004, 07:35 PM
First inning.

KW has a lot of nerve doing this. As recently as this spring, he would be subjecting himself to pure hell from the fans by doing so.

Yeah all those JERRY SPRINGER sox fans who dissed KW at sox fans were WRONG!!!!! All those fans can go hide in the closet now!!!!!

pinwheels3530
06-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Hopefully they were having a beer together toasting the upcoming signing of Maggs' new contratct.

I am with you!!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

batmanZoSo
06-13-2004, 08:01 PM
I heard a guy call in the post game and say Williams and Magglio sat next to him in the fan deck. I didn't believe him and I could tell Wills was skeptical. But I guess this confirms it.

SOXintheBURGH
06-13-2004, 08:39 PM
I am with you!!!:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:
Hell yeah.:gulp:

Nick@Nite
06-13-2004, 08:50 PM
We can only hope.

C-Dawg
06-13-2004, 08:58 PM
EDIT - since the new topic I started was combined into this one :-)

I arrived early at the cell, and picked a seat in the 2nd row on the Fan Deck. There was a security guard in the 1st row, just two spaces to my left. Just as the game was starting, Ken Williams came, and took the guards seat! We figured, hey, here's the GM out to enjoy the game on a beautiful Sunday. He took a couple cell-phone calls, and chatted with the little 8-year old girl next to him.

After about an inning, the security guard returned, with no one other than Magglio Ordonez in tow! Maggs sat down next to KW, and the little girl moved over to share a seat with her dad. And here we are in the row right behind them, watching Magglio and Ken talk baseball, and presumably, business, for about the next three innings. The guard hovered nearby to fend off autograph seekers, since, as he said, they're "talking business". It was a little funny, since almost no one had noticed Kenny, and at first even Maggs was not really noticed. Eventually a number of people had started to notice him, and they began to stand in the aisle to my right hoping to catch him when he left.

After an inning or two, the conversation seemed to wane, and eventually Magglio and the guard left. I never did see a handshake or anything like that; we were all hoping maybe a deal would be struck right there on the Fan Deck. Kenny stuck around for another inning, and signed a bunch of things for the kids. Magglio signed the little girl's pink visor; that's the only thing I saw him sign. LOL, the girl's dad was so thrilled he went out and got her another one, and put the signed one in the plastic bag from the gift shop.

Anyway, it was so cool to sit right by the GM and the star right-fielder. And to think I almost stayed home today; I am sore due to a car accident yesterday and I could barely walk. But it was a great game, great pitching by Mark Buehrle, and perfect weather to boot.

FarWestChicago
06-13-2004, 09:00 PM
They did (http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34967). http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

CLR01
06-13-2004, 09:03 PM
They did (http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34967). http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wow you really need a day off. Linking to a thread you are posting in. :D:

If Maggs agent was not around I doubt they were talking contract.

C-Dawg
06-13-2004, 09:38 PM
Wow you really need a day off. Linking to a thread you are posting in. :D:

He put that link up for my benefit; I had started a new topic since I hadn't noticed this one yet. Heh heh, I just don't think of Rooney and Farmer when I see Maggs and Kenny...

DrummerGeorgefan
06-13-2004, 09:49 PM
I hope that something like that becomes a trend. Veeck used to sit out in the stands all the time. It shows some accountability on KWs part. Definitely need some guards by him to fend off all the yahoos, but I think he should just walk around the concourse from time to time. Most fans wouldnt know him out, so he could get a feel for what fans are saying and what works and stuff. Good move KW.

beckett21
06-13-2004, 10:18 PM
(KW would)Definitely need some guards by him to fend off all the yahoos
Yeah like DaDawg and gosox Bob!

:)

Vernam
06-13-2004, 11:40 PM
Yeah - they had seats front and center in the Fan Deck, Maggs and Kenny.
Very good sign, IMO.I hope you're right, CWSGuy406! The joint appearance definitely seems designed to convey that they're still negotiating. Does anyone think they just ran into each other at the concourse churro stand? :wink:

Up on the fan deck, they looked a little like the old Soviet leaders on the reviewing stand at St. Peter's square on May Day as the missiles rolled past. A real show of unity!

VC

doublem23
06-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Yeah all those JERRY SPRINGER sox fans who dissed KW at sox fans were WRONG!!!!! All those fans can go hide in the closet now!!!!!
Oh no....

WhiteSox = Life
06-14-2004, 02:00 AM
EDIT - since the new topic I started was combined into this one :-)

I arrived early at the cell, and picked a seat in the 2nd row on the Fan Deck. There was a security guard in the 1st row, just two spaces to my left. Just as the game was starting, Ken Williams came, and took the guards seat! We figured, hey, here's the GM out to enjoy the game on a beautiful Sunday. He took a couple cell-phone calls, and chatted with the little 8-year old girl next to him.

After about an inning, the security guard returned, with no one other than Magglio Ordonez in tow! Maggs sat down next to KW, and the little girl moved over to share a seat with her dad. And here we are in the row right behind them, watching Magglio and Ken talk baseball, and presumably, business, for about the next three innings. The guard hovered nearby to fend off autograph seekers, since, as he said, they're "talking business". It was a little funny, since almost no one had noticed Kenny, and at first even Maggs was not really noticed. Eventually a number of people had started to notice him, and they began to stand in the aisle to my right hoping to catch him when he left.

After an inning or two, the conversation seemed to wane, and eventually Magglio and the guard left. I never did see a handshake or anything like that; we were all hoping maybe a deal would be struck right there on the Fan Deck. Kenny stuck around for another inning, and signed a bunch of things for the kids. Magglio signed the little girl's pink visor; that's the only thing I saw him sign. LOL, the girl's dad was so thrilled he went out and got her another one, and put the signed one in the plastic bag from the gift shop.

Anyway, it was so cool to sit right by the GM and the star right-fielder. And to think I almost stayed home today; I am sore due to a car accident yesterday and I could barely walk. But it was a great game, great pitching by Mark Buehrle, and perfect weather to boot.
Always fun when fortune smiles upon you, and may it continue to shine as you get better quickly and fully. Doesn't hurt that Sox victories are usually cathartic, too.

:smile:

StillMissOzzie
06-14-2004, 02:42 AM
I just this doesn't turn into one of those p***ing contests because KW / JR are talking face-to-face with the player instead of his agent.

SMO
:gulp:

TheBull19
06-14-2004, 06:48 AM
Why does he have a lot of nerve doing that? I think it shows what kind of person KW is. He doesn't hide from the criticism. It's a good sign from my point of view.
Sometimes, having a lot of nerve is a good thing.