PDA

View Full Version : Joey Cora

RKMeibalane
06-13-2004, 01:23 PM
During last night's game, Hawk made a point of complementing Joey Cora on the job he's done as third base coach. He also called out the media again for being critical of Sox players and coaches. He specifically said that he'd like to find out who it was who wrote an article about Cora not being qualified to be a third base coach. The person in question said that Joey "would embarrass himself." Does anyone know who Hawk was talking about?

mdep524
06-13-2004, 01:28 PM
During last night's game, Hawk made a point of complementing Joey Cora on the job he's done as third base coach. He also called out the media again for being critical of Sox players and coaches. He specifically said that he'd like to find out who it was who wrote an article about Cora not being qualified to be a third base coach. The person in question said that Joey "would embarrass himself." Does anyone know who Hawk was talking about?
There was a column on espn.com a while back that said Cora was the worst thrid base coach in the league and would get many Sox runners thrown out at the plate. It was Neyer or Stark I think, not Gammons.

RKMeibalane
06-13-2004, 01:30 PM
There was a column on espn.com a while back that said Cora was the worst thrid base coach in the league and would get many Sox runners thrown out at the plate. It was Neyer or Stark I think, not Gammons.
It was probably Stark. He never has anything positive to write about the Sox. Neyer, on the other hand, has written some nice pieces about Frank Thomas and other Sox players.

TomParrish79
06-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I cant stand Jayson Stark, nothing to do with the bad article about the sox, I just dont like that guy.

fquaye149
06-13-2004, 01:41 PM
I cant stand Jayson Stark, nothing to do with the bad article about the sox, I just dont like that guy.
it's that damn mustache.

Philo-Sox-er
06-13-2004, 01:46 PM
I can't seem to find the reference to who said he was the worst third base coach anywhere...any ideas? I check out stark and neyer...

fquaye149
06-13-2004, 01:55 PM
I can't seem to find the reference to who said he was the worst third base coach anywhere...any ideas? I check out stark and neyer...
FWIW i do remember reading about how bad cora would be as a 3B coach somewhere as well

TornLabrum
06-13-2004, 02:53 PM
FWIW i do remember reading about how bad cora would be as a 3B coach somewhere as well
Yeah, we've all seen how much worse he is than Wendell Kim, haven't we?

TomParrish79
06-13-2004, 04:35 PM
I started to mention the mustache but I didnt. That thing looks ridiculous.

dickallen15
06-13-2004, 05:13 PM
I think he shaved it off.

SEALgep
06-13-2004, 06:21 PM
Cora is doing a superb job. Wosrt in the AL? He might be the best. Anyway, I was one who thought Bruce Kimm did a pretty job for our club last year, but Cora has been as good as they get for our club thus far. Love that we have him.:bandance:

ChiSox14305635
06-13-2004, 06:48 PM
I can't stand Philly Stark. There's no news worth reporting if it's not about the Phillies.