PDA

View Full Version : Burke Gets the Nod

Philo-Sox-er
06-13-2004, 12:59 PM
Today Burke is getting the start behind the dish. Let's see how that goes...

OEO Magglio
06-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Harris cf
uribe 2b
thomas dh
lee lf
valentin ss
konerko 1b
perez rf
crede 3b
burke c

RKMeibalane
06-13-2004, 01:08 PM
Harris cf
uribe 2b
thomas dh
lee lf
valentin ss
konerko 1b
perez rf
crede 3b
burke c
I'm not sure why Frank is back at DH. He was fine at first base last night. Why mess up a good thing?

eurotrash35
06-13-2004, 01:11 PM
wonderful!

JRIG
06-13-2004, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure why Frank is back at DH. He was fine at first base last night. Why mess up a good thing?
Frank plays first base. Frank hits two home runs. I mean, it's not like he was hitting poorly before hand, but he seems even better every time he plays the field.

RKMeibalane
06-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Frank plays first base. Frank hits two home runs. I mean, it's not like he was hitting poorly before hand, but he seems even better every time he plays the field.
White Sox Baseball: If it's fixed, break it.

Courtesy of WSI's own Harold J. Vickery.

HomeFish
06-13-2004, 01:27 PM
Perez, Crede, Burke. Ouch. That is one offensively weak lineup. Could be worse (Rowand), but Timo's been disapointing so far.

RKMeibalane
06-13-2004, 01:32 PM
Perez, Crede, Burke. Ouch. That is one offensively weak lineup. Could be worse (Rowand), but Timo's been disapointing so far.
It is a weak lineup, but Ozzie wanted to give Burke some playing time. It's better they do it now instead of later this week, when the lineup will be weakened further by the pitcher batting, and having either Thomas or Konerko out of the lineup.

OEO Magglio
06-13-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure why Frank is back at DH. He was fine at first base last night. Why mess up a good thing?That's also the first thing I thought of when I saw it. He hits two homers so he's back to dhing.:?:

JRIG
06-13-2004, 01:33 PM
By the way, Frank is now leading the AL in OPS and OBP. 3rd in SLG.

All hail King Frank.

He's also ninth in runs scored.

But damn him for clogging up the basepaths!

bennyw41
06-13-2004, 02:46 PM
I thought Buerhle always had Sandy catch him because he calls the game. What is the thought behind burke Catching?

bartmanisgod
06-13-2004, 04:43 PM
What a game Burke had! What a good day for this kid.... I guess that's why none of us are managers and/or general managers

Boy bringing up Burke is the worst idea ever in the entire world! We should have brought up LTP or Reed so they can lower their trade value right when KW is about to make a deal!

bennyw41
06-13-2004, 08:16 PM
Actually, I heard that Sandy was sore, so they gave Burke the nod, glad they did. I can see a regular catcher olivo and back up burke next year maybe.

Cubbiesuck13
06-13-2004, 08:22 PM
I thought Buerhle always had Sandy catch him because he calls the game. What is the thought behind burke Catching?
Burly must be comfortable, really comfortable. He went from only pitching to Alomar to having Olivo catch him this year. To say that he is willing to have a AAA catcher behind the plate for him speaks pretty loudly in my eyes. And he did very well. Think about the learning experience for Burke! Good stuff.